Quantcast
Jump to content

I need support for RTSP protocol, please help


Recommended Posts

Hi, today I've lost about 8 hours trying find out how to open an rtsp of an IP camera into a new 65" OLED TV, which is updated to the latest FW. Tons of apps for IPTV but none of them is able to open a working/tested RTSP, also including it into a playlist m3u file. Nobody in this world has thought to display an RTSP on a LG TV? Looks unbelievable.

I've read a bout "webOS Signage and LG" but no ide how to implement it, install it, nowhere it is described.
I need to display an rtsp stream on LG tv, I have the chance only woth an external device by HDMI or DLNA? That's a shame..
Thank you for help

Link to comment
4 hours ago, GiovanniG said:

Hi, today I've lost about 8 hours trying find out how to open an rtsp of an IP camera into a new 65" OLED TV, which is updated to the latest FW. Tons of apps for IPTV but none of them is able to open a working/tested RTSP, also including it into a playlist m3u file. Nobody in this world has thought to display an RTSP on a LG TV? Looks unbelievable.

I've read a bout "webOS Signage and LG" but no ide how to implement it, install it, nowhere it is described.
I need to display an rtsp stream on LG tv, I have the chance only woth an external device by HDMI or DLNA? That's a shame..
Thank you for help

I’ve ended up using Serviio in a Docker container running in the NVR which works well and through access control can allow you to limit it to just the TV’s IP address. If going down this path the only thing I wish is knew before is to remove all content listing apart from “online” and reduce nesting. Also currently with 2.2.1 and below of Serviio if you have a username/password for thumbnail access it won’t work (RTSP will though even with auth). I’ve raised a bug with the author.

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Beech Horn said:

I’ve ended up using Serviio in a Docker container running in the NVR which works well and through access control can allow you to limit it to just the TV’s IP address. If going down this path the only thing I wish is knew before is to remove all content listing apart from “online” and reduce nesting. Also currently with 2.2.1 and below of Serviio if you have a username/password for thumbnail access it won’t work (RTSP will though even with auth). I’ve raised a bug with the author.

Thank you for your kindly help, may I pleas ask you shortly to describe me the process? I have one Win64server 24/7 on on the same LAN, I'm thinking to use it to convert the stream into DLNA, is that the way? (the DVR can't be used for run other processes).

For example:
Install Serviio for windows, add to it the stream rtsp, set this and that parameter, etc. Then what to use on the side of TV to load it, thank you really a lot for your help :)

 

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, GiovanniG said:

Thank you for your kindly help, may I pleas ask you shortly to describe me the process? I have one Win64server 24/7 on on the same LAN, I'm thinking to use it to convert the stream into DLNA, is that the way? (the DVR can't be used for run other processes).

For example:
Install Serviio for windows, add to it the stream rtsp, set this and that parameter, etc. Then what to use on the side of TV to load it, thank you really a lot for your help :)

 

That should work fine.

Link to comment

Thanks, I hope to test it soon, what you mean with
"If going down this path the only thing I wish is knew before is to remove all content listing apart from “online” and reduce nesting"
going down this path means the use of Serviio is not working, or it means that the camera stream will go down?
What do you mean with the content listing? In which part of Serviio is contained? So I have to remove all extept the voice “online” and "reduce nesting"?
Thanks

Link to comment
5 hours ago, GiovanniG said:

Thanks, I hope to test it soon, what you mean with
"If going down this path the only thing I wish is knew before is to remove all content listing apart from “online” and reduce nesting"
going down this path means the use of Serviio is not working, or it means that the camera stream will go down?
What do you mean with the content listing? In which part of Serviio is contained? So I have to remove all extept the voice “online” and "reduce nesting"?
Thanks

The screenshot with the heading Presentation. Serviio can host a lot of content all on one, you’ll have a huge number of folders to navigate every time you want to look at your cameras unless you turn it all off. That screenshot shows how to configure it for easy access to the cameras. It works just fine.

Link to comment
On 8/8/2022 at 6:41 AM, Beech Horn said:

The screenshot with the heading Presentation. Serviio can host a lot of content all on one, you’ll have a huge number of folders to navigate every time you want to look at your cameras unless you turn it all off. That screenshot shows how to configure it for easy access to the cameras. It works just fine.

Thank you my friend, you rieally kind helping me.
Today I've remotely accessed a 24/7 server and there I've installed Serviio, following your guide I've connected the video rtsp source and tested it, then blocked all the presentations as you showed in the picture. Serviio is able to detect different devices in the network, TV and so on, and testing it sucessfully, now on one TV I can see Serviio as a source in the list, all good till here.
But when I enter it says "file not found", I can't see the stream anywhere surfing between buttons/menus available, but I can see examples with pictures and videos. Then I disabled in Serviio anything possibile, especially on audio and pictures, and restarted again, no differences. I'm sure it's my Serviio because if I stop it it will disappear also on TV. Strange, really strange, do you have suggesions?

Honestly I asked a guy there tohelp me and I followed all by video call, I was thinking it was easy but I suppose I've to go there to go deeper. I hope to solve, but at first impact I'm a bit disappointed 😕 maybe on this server there is kind of block for connections, I'll check better

What will happen after shareware 14days finishes? May I keep it use only for one camera? (without trascoding)
Thank you

Link to comment
14 hours ago, GiovanniG said:

Thank you my friend, you rieally kind helping me.
Today I've remotely accessed a 24/7 server and there I've installed Serviio, following your guide I've connected the video rtsp source and tested it, then blocked all the presentations as you showed in the picture. Serviio is able to detect different devices in the network, TV and so on, and testing it sucessfully, now on one TV I can see Serviio as a source in the list, all good till here.
But when I enter it says "file not found", I can't see the stream anywhere surfing between buttons/menus available, but I can see examples with pictures and videos. Then I disabled in Serviio anything possibile, especially on audio and pictures, and restarted again, no differences. I'm sure it's my Serviio because if I stop it it will disappear also on TV. Strange, really strange, do you have suggesions?

Honestly I asked a guy there tohelp me and I followed all by video call, I was thinking it was easy but I suppose I've to go there to go deeper. I hope to solve, but at first impact I'm a bit disappointed 😕 maybe on this server there is kind of block for connections, I'll check better

What will happen after shareware 14days finishes? May I keep it use only for one camera? (without trascoding)
Thank you

Ah not everything is disabled in presentation. Video is show content only and online is show content only. Think of it like a folder structure where otherwise you’d need to go into the Video folder, then into the Online folder.

Check that the RTSP stream you’ve specified is working in VLC. If there is a username/password then put it into the URL like:

rtsp://USERNAME:[email protected]/blah/blah/blah/stream

in VLC under the file menu there is an option to play a network stream.

my 2019 C1 LG TV doesn’t like anything more than 1080p h264 over RTSP so had to configure the third stream to be this on the HikVision cameras I have (first stream is 4K h265+ and second stream is low quality).

Link to comment

Thanks again for your help, I got what you mean, I undestood it, all is already configured fine, and presentation is made as you say.. video> display content only and online > display content only, all the rest is diasbled. As result I can see the samples pictures (??) even if I've disabled pictures in all menues and I can't see the rtsp, it writes "no files exist" on black screen. It looks the server works out of control, ignoring the settings (only start/stop server has affect)
Rstp is tested and working in the same server with VLC, it's a 1080p h265, I guess latest LG TV that cost 2500€ may accept it too )

I suppose I've to go there myself checking, and how the things look I can't do much more, I'm sad to say that was not easy as expected (

image.thumb.png.9c1ec6360ba2de8f319a6b1a532f6b18.png

image.thumb.png.a1585cbb25620f583147479b6bd52ece.png

Link to comment
1 minute ago, GiovanniG said:

Thanks again for your help, I got what you mean, I undestood it, all should be configured fine, and presentation is made as you say.. video> display content only and online > diplay content only, all the rest is diasbled. As result I can see the samples pictures (??) even if I've disabled pictures in all menues and I can't see the rtsp, it writes "no files exist" on black screen. It looks the server works out of control, ignoring the settings (only start/stop server has affect)
Rstp is tested and working in the same server with VLC, it's a 1080p h265, I guess latest LG TV that cost 2500€ may accept it too )

I suppose I've to go there myself checking, and how the things look I can't do much more, I'm sad to say that was not easy as expected (

Alas dropping it to h264 might be necessary 😞

In VLC you can use the playlist feature (View->Playlist) to and select "Universal Plug'n'Play" on the left:

image.png.1ad3aa53b19c55ca467bd9513431baf7.png

This will let you test Serviio is working fine before playing with the TV.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, GiovanniG said:

It doesn't work, I've also changed to h264 but it didn't help, I've tried to create a user and assign the connection and the rtsp souce to that user, no way

image.png.eae0e08ab112e7edda5f3b26a6c86dbc.png

This program looks simple, but it isn't

If the raw RTSP stream works in VLC then only other thing might be transcoding is on in Serviio, disable it.

Link to comment

I've disabled it altready on the first configuration. I've looked at the logs and enabled the debug log, unfortunataley there are so many responsive DLNA devices in this LAN that Serviio fill up the log making it difficult to read. Anyway I haven't read errors there, it's very strange.
I'm a bit tired to loose time for a thing that shpudl be so simple, showing an rtsp stream, the next step is to go there, and try with my laptop sitting in that LAN, I really hope it's possible, if not I've to search and learn another DLNA server. Amazing the life is sometime

Link to comment

I wish you luck and totally agree. Wish I could just add RTSP.

BTW really nice setup is using HomeBridge and an Apple TV. You can get it to show picture in picture when there is movement and even have h265 4k instead of h264 1080p. Shame I don't want to use the Apple TV for accessing content and prefer to use the TV itself. But if this is for a client, that is a really nice solution.

Hope it goes well at site. I'd personally always set a username/password. Use RTSP TCP for sanity of debugging (UDP for multicast) and test the URL through VLC first before adding to Serviio, then again VLC to debug before configuring on TV.

Once the TV has played from Serviio, if you go into status you can turn off "Enable access for new devices" and configure it to use "LG TV / player" instead of "Generic DLNA profile", but it should still play without this.

image.png.f380bc74fcc08a03e912ee4914e1b8e6.png

Link to comment

Hi mate, works with my laptop, anyway bad, even if I unselect trancode I have at output a stream of 20 megabit an high usage of CPU (ffmpeg), as result the video on tv is really messy. I'm looking for a way to copy out the same stream input, it's a bit unbelievable there isn't this option for a standard stream. I've a 1080p 25fps mp4 standard source without audio, the most standard one, no need to transode.
I've tried simple DLNA but it doesn't support stream

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, GiovanniG said:

Hi mate, works with my laptop, anyway bad, even if I unselect trancode I have at output a stream of 20 megabit an high usage of CPU (ffmpeg), as result the video on tv is really messy. I'm looking for a way to copy out the same stream input, it's a bit unbelievable there isn't this option for a standard stream. I've a 1080p 25fps mp4 standard source without audio, the most standard one, no need to transode.
I've tried simple DLNA but it doesn't support stream

If the network is a pain, then use multicast on a nice switch, anything accessing the camera gets the same stream and it scales.

On my cameras if I do it unicast with too many devices it looks like this:

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Topics

    • By tim p
      I have two LG C2 tv's both running OS 03.21.30. Attempts to update the OS state that this is the current version as of 12/2022.  Amazon Music won't open on either of them, the splash screen appears and that's it, for hours.  It opens fine on other devices in the house, Sony TV, PC's, and droid phones. Other streaming apps work fine with no buffering or glitches.
      The solutions offered online list instructions for clearing app caches using a series of menus that aren't even remotely close to the menus available on these TV's.  I've checked every available menu and there's absolutely nothing offering the ability to clear app caches. App Manager offers exactly two options: Launch or Delete. Others insist that you need to clear the cache from within the app but of course the app won't open so that's a dead end.  I did clear the browser cache but it had no effect this AMZN Music problem.
      So far I've also:
      Deleted and re-installed the app multiple times; Left the TV's unplugged 24+ hours; Full reboot of the router multiple times; Factory Reset of the TV's. If anyone has a solution that doesn't involve buying a fire stick I'm very interested - thanks
      (edit) one of these tv's is five feet from the router.  Distance isn't the issue.
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s Advanced Display Innovations, Including 8K Micro LED, Feature in Interactive
      Exhibit Along With Immersive Media Art and Digitalized Spaces for Diverse Industries

      SEOUL, Jan. 31, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is presenting its cutting-edge digital signage solutions at Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) 2023, which opens today in Barcelona, Spain. The company’s full range of display solutions – including Micro LED displays, Transparent OLED Signage and LED displays – is exhibited across a number of digitalized spaces demonstrating use cases and applications for different industries, including retail, corporate, education and hospitality.
      Adopting the theme of Life, Be Bloomed for this year’s ISE, LG is presenting innovative display solutions that offer a world of possibilities and the power to make life better, each and every day. Visitors to the company’s booth will be able to experience solutions created to foster better business communications, solutions that deliver clear visibility and integrate seamlessly in various commercial environments as well as solutions that can convey the emotion and dynamism of stunning digital artworks in a whole new way.
      The massive 272-inch LG MAGNIT 8K Micro LED (model LSAB007) is making its debut at ISE with a truly jaw-dropping display, both in scale and in picture quality. The enormous Micro LED leverages millions of self-emissive micrometer-scale pixels to create images of exceptional vibrancy and depth, while its 8K resolution (7,680 x 4,320) delivers razor-sharp detail.
      LG MAGNIT 8K offers impressive color consistency and a wide viewing angle. This remarkable display solution will mesmerize visitors to the company’s booth, enthralling them with exclusive 8K footage that captures the beauty and majesty of the natural world. With its huge size and superb picture quality, LG MAGNIT is an excellent solution for showcasing media art in public spaces, and for use in building control rooms, boardrooms as well as corporate and hotel lobbies.
      Another spectacular sight for visitors, LG’s 8K Micro LED synchronizes with 56 Transparent OLED Signage (model 55EW5G-V) displays, covering both sides of the LG exhibition hall’s entrance to create an incredibly immersive media art experience. The captivating display setup transports visitors into a world of color and wonder – a world brought to life by the company’s cutting-edge display technologies.
      At ISE 2023, LG is also showcasing its solutions for virtual production studios for the very first time. A virtual production studio allows content creators to shoot live-action footage against a fully digital backdrop, which is made by displaying virtual scenery on a series of seamlessly connected LED screens. LG and its professional partners, including Mo-Sys and ARRI, will be showing visitors how a virtual production studio works – and how it can be used for entertainment applications, such as film and TV, and for corporate in-house broadcasting – and introducing LG’s LED displays and related solutions.
      At the center of LG’s booth is the eye-catching Floating CUBE LED, an LED sculpture that creatively combines four 2K LED displays (model LSCB012). Based on Tensegrity, a structural principle of tensional integrity, the CUBE presents strikingly three-dimensional anamorphic digital art that moves and flows across the displays’ surfaces. LG’s fine-pitch LED displays provide lifelike picture quality, while the seamless 90-degree corner design of the CUBE installation enhances the sense that one is looking at real, 3D objects inside an actual, physical space.
      Additionally, LG is introducing its new digital learning solution, LG CreateBoard (model TR3DK), at ISE 2023. An Interactive Digital Board designed to engage, inform and inspire students, and encourage greater collaboration, the new model provides LG CreateBoard Lab for content creating and writing as well as LG CreateBoard Share for wireless content and screen sharing. Also on show is LG ConnectedCare DMS, a cloud-based device management solution for schools and other learning environments that enables the remote management of multiple displays.
      As part of its comprehensive exhibit, LG is presenting convenient cloud-based management solutions tailored to the needs of diverse industries; including retail, corporate, education and hospitality. LG Pro:Cloud is a cloud platform for accessing LG’s content management solutions (CMS) including Pro:Centric Cloud (hospitality) and SuperSign Cloud, while LG ConnectedCare is a remote management solution that makes it possible to monitor signages, check energy usage and adjust display brightness via the integrated Energy Dashboard.1
      Also on full display at ISE 2023 is LG’s ongoing commitment to sustainability. Embracing the company’s Better Life for All vision, the latest B2B solutions from LG offer energy efficiency, reduced resource consumption, increased recyclability and enhanced accessibility.2 In the ESG zone, visitors can explore innovations such as cloud-based smart energy management solutions that help reduce power consumption and 4K UHD signage (model UL3J-EP), featuring components partially made from recycled plastic, and check out the LG Kiosk, which promotes digital inclusion with a tactile keypad for the visually impaired.
      “At ISE 2023, LG is demonstrating how its display solutions can add value in practically any commercial sector or area of your life you care to name,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Far more than just screens for presenting content, our display solutions can help you connect, create, communicate and collaborate – expanding and digitalizing your daily experience in a host of convenient, new ways.”
      Visitors to ISE 2023 can find LG’s booth in Hall 3 (Stand 3K 200) of Fira Barcelona’s Gran Via conference center. To learn more about LG’s digital signage solutions at ISE 2023, please visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #
      1 Energy Dashboard will be released in 2023.
      2 .

    • By Luka Pantsulaia
      I bought LG smart tv. for some reason region selected was Africa and could only choose from african countries and had very little available apps in content store. I live in Georgia, so figured that  changing region to EU would help so changed it to 3122 and selected service country UK because Georgia was not in the list. after that every app says that it is not available in current country. I have  default region code saved so I guess could go back but wondering if any one can help me to get it working in EU. or if anyone have region code in which Georgia is available it will be helpful as well. 
    • By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.
×
×
  • Create New...