Quantcast

Use Apps as Default Input Source

Brodomski

Current version of webOS on 55” C1 OLED only allows HDMI1-4 or “Streaming Live TV & Content” to be used as the default input source. Why no apps like YouTube or Hulu?  If “Streaming Live TV & Content” option is selected as default input, a prompt to select a service is displayed and the only option is SlingTV. Why?  Sling is not the only streaming option. Many of the TV apps stream TV and content, why are they not available options?  Apps need to be available options for default input. 

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Fangking79
      My only options are set top box, Blu-ray, DVD player, home theater, OTT. Is there a way to label it?
      Also can I remove trending or all the other stuff on the home page?
    • By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By Ozzie T
      We have a 65UM7300AUE with software version 05.40.10. We have a Google TV dongle plugged into the HDMI 1 port and that is the input we use most of the time. Until recently every time we would turn the TV on it would default to HDMI 1 and the Google TV home screen would be the first thing we’d see. Life was good. Several weeks ago that changed and now the LG OS (I assume) home screen is the first thing we see. Then we have to use the LG remote to select HDMI 1 each time. We never used to have to do this or use the LG remote at all. Kind of annoying. We think we have HDMI 1 chosen as our default input but it doesn’t seem to matter. Any ideas on how we get things back to the way they used to be with the TV defaulting to HDMI 1 automatically?
    • By Renver
      Hi,
      When i power on my OLED55C8PLA TV it always starts at the source 'SET UP BOX' even there is no set up box connected. We only use HDMI2. That is also always the used source when we power down the TV. Its quite anoying the TV doesnt starts the input last used.
      I hope someone can help me with this issue!
      Thanks!
    • By AlP
      Please add above apps to WebOS