Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By derrrface
      I mainly use the file browser to access an external HD which houses a ton of videos (movies/tv shows/etc.) While the built in file manager generates/loads a thumbnail of each video I would like to use my own thumbnail art. Please allow the user to associate a .jpg/.png to each video as well as folder.  Under /Movies is hundreds of video files with generated thumbnails that make finding videos difficult. 
      eg:
      /Movies/Serial_Mom_1080.avi
      /Movies/Serial_Mom_1080.jpg (user generated album art)
      /TV shows/Altered Carbon/cover.jpg or anything.jpg
      /TV shows/Six Feet Under/cover.jpg or anything.jpg

I have lots of folders (especially TV shows) with different seasons in them, being able to associate a thumbnail with each folder would make life that much easier.

My prior PVP (Micca) was over 10 years old technology that was able to do all of this. I also had a Boxee Box (again >10 year tech) that went a step further and would fetch album art from whatever database (think it was IMDB) load synopsis/cast/reviews etc. 

• By sweb
      Hail, i'm web programmer and buy new LGsmart TV about week ago but after searching on internet i cant find any recommended directory structure for Movie,Music or Picture that on my TV shows the Covert of Music/Album or Movie Poster.
      I use picard music tagger that save inside the album `cover.jpg` of music album art. but seems be LG web os dosnt show it. How can i show the cover of album music instead of default folder Icon in smartshare part.

I got same question about movie. contain movie poster.

After all LG or any devices must have Linux clients for smartshare .. i use minidlna and lg must support this tiny usefull app to help us to connect lg smart devices like TV.

After all WebOs is also linux based os. we need somthing like windows or mac software on most popular distros like Ubuntu.
    • By murastefano
      How to show video cover art on  SmartShare on WebOS ?

I have many movies, mp4 or mkv file with cover art muxed,  but SmartShare
      show only a randomic picture taken from movie as preview.

I'm not on DLNA but in HDD on USB 3.0 port so not using media servers like Windows or Plex.

Where do i have to put cover arts? Side-by-side in same directory of the file with same name like: movie1.mp4 - cover1.jpg ?

Anyone successed to get cover art showing?

Thanks

• By Alex
      If you are a frequent visitor here, a huge webOS fan, and an avid forum user/moderator elsewhere who knows how to moderate, please reach out to me or post in this topic if you would like to be considered for a moderator here.

Moderators are an important part of any online forum. They are "super users" who help keep topics posted in the correct categories for easier navigation, and also help the flow of topics in a forum if needed.

Again, if you are interested after reading this topic, please reach out.
    • By Alex
      It's a roller coaster ride with webOS and news is scarce these days....but with the recent LG news, we've decided to rename this forum LG webOS and as such can be access by visiting lgwebos.com. All old urls will be redirected and all memberships and topics remain the same.

We'll just have to watch and see what LG decides to do with our beloved webOS!