Quantcast

Change the remote button to open another app

Question

Is there a way I can permanently change the rakuten app that starts on the 'movies' button with another app, my preference would be Plex.

For that matter I'd like to switch the amazon-video button to Youtube.

Also, how do I delete the preinstalled apps?

Tv model is 55UM7050PLC if that makes any difference..

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Very good point! This is exactly what I would like, too: The ability to change a useless button (as I don´t use that Rakuten app and will never) into a useful button. Respectively, turning a product w

1 answer to this question

Very good point! This is exactly what I would like, too: The ability to change a useless button (as I don´t use that Rakuten app and will never) into a useful button. Respectively, turning a product which is expensive, but still wants to flood you with marketing crap ("use that app and pay for it! See? You have a button there already") into a user friendly, clever and convenient product. Which it should be for 3000€ (Having an OLED65c9).

Anyway, people at LG, make that an option please.

@ness: You probably figured how to to do that in the meantime? Removing that nasty advertisement in the left corner of the menu you find the option somewhere in the options menu, can´t tell you where exactly as I did it one year ago. Deinstalling apps is super easy, just stay pressed on the symbol, this gets you into edit mode. Now click on the cross symbol. Done.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mueen Mirza
      Request if we can have apps  that are available on other OS/platforms in WebOS basis the country
      This will improve user experience and satisfaction

• By Yaswanth
      Looking for airtel Xstream app for webOs in LG554T. Please add it. This app is available in google play store & app store
    • By Vanilton Coelho
      Hi people,

Recently bought one 49LF6350 and one 43LF6350 and the two models have the same problem, whenever I try to open an application, informs me that I have to update (required update, you must update this app to launch it. the update may cause data to be stored deleted.), and when I try to update, it gives an error message (application has not Been instaled. try again). It happens to apps also store to at new install. what may be occurring?

software version: 3:03:04
      WebOS TV version: 2.0.2-3928 (behive-badlands)

thanks.
    • By Matt545322
      Hi,

I purchased an LG OLED55BX6LB yesterday and noticed that when signed into the Youtube app, I'm still getting ads displayed despite it showing 'PREMIUM' on the app. Not a massive problem as I can just watch Youtube via an nVidia Shield, which doesn't show ads as expected.
      Still, it's annoying. Is this a one-off, or do others have the same issue?
    • By News Reporter
      It’s the time of year when the world of home appliances turns its full attention to one of the biggest consumer appliance exhibitions of them all, the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). In line with every tradeshow in recent memory, this year’s edition of KBIS was held in an entirely virtual world last week, from February 9 to 11. LG Electronics was there to share its latest premium home and kitchen appliances to builders, interior designers and industry professional alike with its broad portfolio of differentiated brands – from its luxury appliance line to its design and innovation-driven offering, as well as iconic air care and vacuum cleaner products.

For the first time, LG STUDIO is adding laundry solutions to its portfolio with the unveiling of LG STUDIO WashTower and LG STUDIO Styler at KBIS 2021.  is an industry-first, single-unit, vertical laundry solution that takes up half the floor space, while the  refreshes, deodorizes and sanitizes clothing with the gentle power of steam. Designed to work hard and look good, LG STUDIO models offer exclusive features such as expanded capacity and elevated finishes like Noble Steel. The LG STUDIO WashTower also captured the coveted “Design Bites” distinction which recognizes top innovations unveiled at the show.

Signature Kitchen Suite is LG’s brand driving innovation in the luxury, built-in kitchen appliance market. New for this year is the expansion of its award-winning line of wine column refrigerators with an advanced new undercounter model unveiled at KBIS 2021. LG’s exclusive Wine Cave Technology maintains the perfect conditions for storage, minimizing vibrations and temperature fluctuations while limiting light exposure and optimizing humidity. The companion Signature Sommelier app helps wine connoisseurs manage entire collections and is the first smart software that learns preferences and makes wine recommendations, including food and wine pairings, based on the wines stored in the user’s cellar.

LG’s lasted innovations, including its InstaView® slide-in ranges and AirFry ProBake and Air Sous Vide cooking features, will be found in the LG Core Zone. First unveiled at CES® 2021, see these products come to life in artfully designed home renderings. See LG’s ultra-large capacity InstaView French Door refrigerators and side-by-side refrigerators with an expanded InstaView window and flat panel doors, all featuring the company’s exclusive slow-melting Craft Ice spheres along with cubed and crushed ice options.
      See LG WashTower and Styler steam closets take laundry to the next level while LG PuriCare air purifiers and CordZero vacuums with all-new auto-empty charging station help make keeping a healthier home easier than ever.
      To see more of LG at KBIS, go to .

# # #

link hidden, please login to view