Quantcast

Change the remote button to open another app

Question

Is there a way I can permanently change the rakuten app that starts on the 'movies' button with another app, my preference would be Plex.

For that matter I'd like to switch the amazon-video button to Youtube.

Also, how do I delete the preinstalled apps?

Tv model is 55UM7050PLC if that makes any difference..

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Very good point! This is exactly what I would like, too: The ability to change a useless button (as I don´t use that Rakuten app and will never) into a useful button. Respectively, turning a product w

1 answer to this question

Very good point! This is exactly what I would like, too: The ability to change a useless button (as I don´t use that Rakuten app and will never) into a useful button. Respectively, turning a product which is expensive, but still wants to flood you with marketing crap ("use that app and pay for it! See? You have a button there already") into a user friendly, clever and convenient product. Which it should be for 3000€ (Having an OLED65c9).

Anyway, people at LG, make that an option please.

@ness: You probably figured how to to do that in the meantime? Removing that nasty advertisement in the left corner of the menu you find the option somewhere in the options menu, can´t tell you where exactly as I did it one year ago. Deinstalling apps is super easy, just stay pressed on the symbol, this gets you into edit mode. Now click on the cross symbol. Done.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Konstantin Sviguzov
      [ru] почему youtuybe во время просмотра рекламы часто перезагружает приложение из-за нехватки памяти? памяти свободной больше 750 мб, оперативной - тут уже не знаю.
      Где новое обновление или прочее подобное?  Где поддержка?!
    • By News Reporter
      According to a latest report by the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 1.3 million lives are cut short by traffic accidents every year.1 In an effort to lower this alarming figure and make vehicle travel safer for everyone, governments and manufacturers around the globe continue to look to technology for solutions. Self-driving cars may be the answer but wide acceptance of such technology is still years, maybe decades away. In the meantime, technology companies such as LG are creating solutions today that could potentially save thousands of lives if these solutions are widely implemented.
      DMS and IMS
      Among LG’s next-generation in-vehicle cabin camera solutions are the driver monitoring system (DMS) and interior monitoring system (IMS). These state-of-the-art solutions leverage sophisticated technologies including high-performance cameras and artificial intelligence to prevent driver error, by far the most common cause of traffic accidents and the loss of life.
      Face mask detection
      LG’s cabin camera solution detects the occupants of a vehicle with an innovative micro camera and AI to learn multiple drivers’ behavior patterns, optimizing the human machine interface (HMI). The DMS is even able to monitor and interpret the driver’s face even if he or she is wearing a face mask.
      Driver identification and spoofing detection
      Advanced driver identification and spoofing detection can be enabled to prevent unauthorized drivers from accessing the vehicle. These features will become mandatory for highly automated driving and will provide drivers and passengers a fully personalized experience in a vehicle.
      Object detection
      In the United States alone, nearly a 1,000 children have died since 1990 from being left unattended in hot cars.2 LG’s IMS is intelligent enough to determine if an object in the car is a purse, package or child, alerting the driver if a child is left in the vehicle inadvertently.
      LG’s cabin camera solutions are already being mass produced and are currently being supplied to global automakers. LG’s solutions can easily be integrated in in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems found in many new vehicles and are key building blocks for a safer future on the world’s roads.
      As an Innovation Partner for Future Mobility, LG’s is delivering differentiated in-vehicle experiences while helping automakers meet and surpass current and upcoming government regulations and global NCAP. By providing solutions that may mean the difference between life and death, LG is utilizing its technological know-how to provide immeasurable value to its industry partners so they can focus on making vehicles as safe and enjoyable as possible.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By BHPOST
      My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
      LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
      If not, what recourse do I have?
      Thank you. 
    • By Shantanu
      Shifted base from UAE to India, how does one change the country to India? I am not able to install the hotstar app on my OLED55B7V 
    • By Kedar Nath Padhy
      Hi,
      I bought TV from DUBAI  Model No 43LF631V-TB,where i am not able to change the location ,as well not able addition the software like sony liv and hot star . Kindly help us .