Quantcast

After updating firmware 04.71.25 pic is degraded on 55UM7450

Cudnovati Sisavac

Question

Maybe I didnt noticed that before. But when watching TV programs (DTV, via antenna, DVB-T2/h265) I noticed that logos arent super crisp, sometimes like they have those artefacts around them, noticable specially when looking from close, like when you have in tube streaming, also similar artefacts can be seen when looking at TV telps with lots fo jpegs/inforgraphics). Its noticable on pictures (human faces) but less. Like some pixelisation.  Some channels are better but....I doubt that has anytging to do with update but I want to be sure if that is possible....the last two updates (newer than my stock firmware) came with minor fixes (says nothing about processing or picture). What do you think?

I have 55UM 7450PLA LED TV. I manually updated from 04.07.20 to 04.71.25 (firmware downloaded from official LG page for this model).

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Communications technology works in devices like smartphones to offer us increased convenience, keeping us connected with friends and family and providing an endless source of entertainment.
      This technology can also be applied to mobility. Like a smartphone, a vehicle is equipped with communications technology that connects it to the internet, enabling passengers to do more on the move through automotive displays that show key information including directions, driving information, nearby restaurants and the news.
      The technology that connects cars to the internet is known as telematics.

A portmanteau of ‘telecommunications’ and ‘informatics’, telematics refers to the use of on-board communications-enabled devices to store, send and receive information. A car collects data from various sources, including mobile networks, Global Positioning System (GPS), Location-based Services (LBS) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), which is then analyzed through telematics to provide the driver with all the info available.
      So, why is telematics so important?
      Core technology for autonomous cars

Autonomous cars must be able to operate without human intervention. With analysts predicting autonomous vehicles to generate as much as 40 terabytes of data every hour,* almost instantaneous communication is essential for self-driving cars to exist in a world that puts safety above everything.

Autonomous cars need to be able to detect all kinds of information using several cameras installed onboard, including data on local traffic, traffic signals, other vehicles and in-cabin conditions. The information is then transmitted to the cloud where it’s analyzed to achieve fully automated driving, a process which is faster and more accurate thanks to telematics.
      Real-time updates for cars

Over-the-air (OTA) automatically updates a car’s software via wireless communications, reducing the need for service center visits for repairs or replacements and meaning new services that weren’t available at purchase can be added later.
      With the modern car constantly evolving, communication with servers containing upgrade data must be seamless so that cars can automatically check for and apply updates and menus as soon as they become available. Telematics ensures this fast and accurate communication without error.
      Connect via the internet

With most of today’s devices having access to the internet, we’ve already experienced how internet connectivity enhances convenience in many ways. In fact, we have come to trust and rely on communications to a point where we almost can’t live without it.
      The same applies to the automotive industry, which is why Wi-Fi-enabled cars are on the rise. From receiving traffic guidance and requesting assistance during emergencies, to tracking the locations of stolen vehicles and sending high-resolution videos, telematics brings various features together to make the driving experience safer, easier and more enjoyable.

As we enter the 5G era, a more diverse and differentiated in-vehicle experience is on its way. However, reliable telematics will be key to ensuring a stable 5G connection as well as the outstanding quality of services like autonomous driving, vehicle-to-everything (V2X) systems and connected cars.
      To prepare for what’s to come, LG Electronics’ Vehicle component Solution (VS) Company has been focused in on the R&D of its telematics for several years. For example,
      link hidden, please login to view in 2015 to develop the Chevrolet Bolt EV’s telematics system, in 2016 to develop and pilot 5G telematics technology and in 2017 to jointly develop next-generation connected car solutions.
      To carry this momentum on, LG will continue to work with global partners to develop the telematics systems offering the most enhanced convenience and safety to millions of drivers the world over.
      # # #
      * https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-17/carmakers-look-to-satellites-for-future-of-self-driving-vehicles

• By dennis101
      Just purchased this and the set up is driving me nuts. I have a Sony reciever that I use for my audio out as well as HDMI device switching. The output of the reciever is going to HDMI 1. The TV audio out is set to HDMI (ARC) device.  When watching devices directly connected to the reciever (cable box, roku, DVD, Tivo), audio out is fine. If I try switching to the smart menu or the antenna, there is no audio going from the TV back to the reciever. I also have a Roku I can use for streaming, but not for OTA.  Should I just route everything directly into the TV, and use the optical out to get sound to the reciever? Also since setting up the TV and remote there is strange interaction btween the TV and the reciever. I noticed that my cable box, dvd, and roku all show up devices attached to HDMI 1, and clicking on that device will change the input on the reciever, but I have no control over the reciever from the LG remote, volume and muting buttons have no effect. Also there soesn't seem to be anyway to control my Fios cable box, a Motorola HD QIp 7100-1. I have the IR blaster sitting right next to it
    • By Rahul Sharma
      I am getting this above error PI 1001_404_1 NAS continuously while watching hotstar disney. Pls help me to fix this.
    • By Santiago Mancheno
      Hi i have a problem, i can not download the app of fox, because i can not find on lg content, my model of tv is 32lj550m i need help please
    • By AAinBC
      I got tired listening to the talking heads during football half time broadcast & started fiddling with my OLED65C1 magic remote control.
      Press the 'back arrow with tail' and the program rewinds 15 minutes. Repeatedly pressing it again keeps advancing it by 15 minutes. As soon as you stop rewinding, the program automatically continues playing from that point.
      The LG chat support agent was completely unaware of this feature. All I could do was Rewind, no Pause or Fast Forward.
      OK, now you've played with the button & rewound the program for whatever minutes & don't want to watch the same stuff again. Simple - change the channel using up^ arrow & then the down arrow.
      The outstanding questions are Pause and Fast Forward. If you have some insight concerning live broadcast tv, we'd love to hear from you.