Quantcast

Videos not showing up/playing on TV

lares

Question

I'm trying to go all fancy and have my videos on a NAS drive - model: Buffalo LinkStation LS220D - and watch them on my LG Smart TV - model: LG-43UK6200PLA. I've encoded my videos with various programs in the past including DVDFab, but mainly with Handbrake.

They appear on the drive and I can play them on my phone or PC, but only about 1/3 show up and play on the TV. I assume it's some kind of incompatible codec - does that sound likely? The problem is they should be basically the same format which according to VLC is:

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1)
Video
832x468
832x480
rate 25
decoded format:
orient top left
chroma loc left

Stream 1
Codec: MPEG ACC (mp4a)
Type: Audio
Channels: Stereo
Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
Bits per sample: 32

Can anyone see what's wrong? Thanks.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Azrina
      Dear sir,
      we just subscribe tm unify, we try find [email protected] app in LG smart tv. Unfortunately the app no in LG store. I try update still can not. How can you help to add the app.  I very appreciate if your side can help. Thank you
    • By Visalbot
      If I know LG TV give me a hard time like this I didn't buy LG Smart TV. I just bought LG UHD TV 43UP77, and now got stuck with no Netflix on LG Store, and when I press Netflix logo on magic remote, a message poppped up " Content is unavailable. This page is not available"  oh shit....... feel regretful
    • By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
    • By Faseone01
      My TV just keeps turning on and off when plugged in . Cannot get to any menus , I have tried to unplug and it continues to do the same thing.
    • By Ted W
      Hi
      I've got an LG Smart TV 43UM  7400PLB and am looking to buy an external hard drive so I can pause live TV and record programs. I'm currently using a much smaller capacity USB which can't pause live TV and will soon be full. 
      I've read on various forums that certain hard drives won't work or that I'll need to buy a certain connecting cable. 
      I was thinking of buying a Seagate 2TB drive, (STGX2000400) which is around £55.
      Can anyone recommend one or confirm that the Seagate one will be okay.
      Thanks.