Quantcast

2 Hour Auto Power Off Timer

Tim Cross

Question

My non-LG TVs have an inactivity timer that will shutdown the TV after a specified time if there is no user input.  My OLED65B7B and 55UJ6540 have a 2 hour auto power off timer, but it will not shutdown the TV.  I've run multiple tests trying to get it to work. and I have been told by LG 7 different ways the timer works.  I've tried everything from using the power on timer to pausing my DVR.  Does anyone know if the timer works, and if so, under what conditions will it shutdown the TV?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM
        Kindly resolve this issue 
      My lG TV MODEL NO IS 32LK628BPTF

• By Rayden79
      I'm having this problem with LG Oled 65c16LA with WebOs Version 03.40.85
      When I turn off the TV, it goes into standby mode.
      After 2 minutes the red standby LED turns off and it is no longer possible to turn the TV back on with the remote or with the power on button.
      It is then necessary to unplug the power supply, wait a few minutes and reconnect it.
      So the TV goes back to standby and you can turn it on again. In use everything works.
      Is it a software problem? How can I solve it?
      Thank you
    • By Extra Celestial
      Would love to auto start the Alexa app so my smart home can connect to it automatically when I turn it on from a plug since you can't turn on the tv with the hubs.

One small workaround instead of trying to figure out how to turn on the tv from a hub since it disconnects from the wifi when it powers off.
    • By nester
      Hi,
      it would be great if there was some kind of “percentage” slider or just adjusted power saving settings. Right now, there is too much difference between maximum and medium power saving mode - maximum is too dark and medium is too bright, with no way to be set between. Also difference between two brightest is not so much big.
      Second idea is to bring this setting somewhere closer (higher) in options. In my opinion, it might be the often changed setting by users. I use to change it regularly, especially between day and night. 

• By YuvalW
      Hi,
      M y TV (SK8000) started to play a short melody whenever I turn it on/off, I can't find anything in the settings that controls it, any idea how I disable it?
      It seems to start after I connected an Onkyo receiver to the TV via the HDMI ARC port, but I am not sure.
      I also entered to the IN_START and EZ_ADJUST menus but didn't change anything...
      Any ideas?
      Thx.