Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

bill456

Permanently Delete Apps

Question

Is there a way to permanently delete apps to free up both ROM and RAM?  Uninstalling does not do it to allow for your TV response time to improve. A regular reset also fails to accomplish it. Will a factory reset produce the desired results?  

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Help! After factory reset, can't pair remote and stuck on setup screen!

New user to the forum!   My TV is an LG OLED 65B6P, which was working fine until a few days ago, when the magic remote pointer and OK button stopped working (was getting message that Bluetooth needed to be initialized).  After making the mistake of calling product support, they had me do a factory reset, but that didn't fix the issue, and only made it worse, as now I can't proceed from the "Start Up" menu as I can't click the OK button.  I'm dead in the water, and have even tried this with 2 different magic remotes!  I've tried the pairing and unpairing suggested on numerous support sites, and can't get anywhere with this.  Can't even find an LG service center in the Boston area. I also have a Harmony Ultimate remote, but that likely won't help here, as I can't get the "OK" button assigned in the TV's current state. Any help is appreciated!

By Tom S., in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 12 answers
    • Question: Have LGUH 7700 Is it possible to factory reset without a remote?

I really blew. It. Was kinda intoxicated. Thought it was a wonderful idea to factory reset my TV. Problem is, I've been without my phys6 remote & been using the LG WEB OS remote. So obviously until it's hooked up to the web I am stuck. It is currently at the "Here we go" screen with "start" directly below it. I can not figure out s way to "start"🙄 Any suggestions? Thanks!  

By The Dude, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Factory mode pop up

I have an 65 LG TV model 65UJ6300 and every time we turn it on we have a factory box floating around or the Power Only (04.70.25.01) box. This has happened SEVERAL TIMES I chat with LG we do the unplug, reset blah blah blah  and it always comes back. So on Wednesday May 2 they sent a repairman out he replaced the motherboard on a TV we have had for 6 months and it was gone until Friday evening when we turned on and got the Power Only box ,we get that to go off by hitting the home button on the remote, then on Saturday evening we turn on and the Factory Mode is back.  I chatted today with LG and we did the unplug hold power button on TV for 30 sec then plug back in it was still there so tried the unplug and reset turn it back on and it was gone but I know it will come back in a couple days.   We have direct TV and during one conversation with LG told it was doing that  because I was using the DTV remote but that is not the case the factory mode box appears if you use the LG remote. My son has the same TV and Direct TV and does not have this issue.  Any suggestions???? This is driving me crazy!!!!

By CLB65LG, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Factory Mode Floating Text Box

My LGwebos3 suddenly started to display a floating text box that reads " FACTORY MODE [How to go to user mode] Press Instop Key in a remote control." The tv image also suddenly has a green or sometimes blue tint to it and it resets to factory settings every time I turn it off. I have pressed every remote button in search is the Instop Key and checked the user manual... No luck! I bought he T.V. About two months ago. Issue started randomly but have been unable to resolve it. Help please!   By the way, the green tint is only there is using coaxial or HDMI but when I access the settings menu of the tv, it looks perfectly fine... Frustrated!

By Mitzy, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 3 answers