Quantcast

No Universal Control option in device connector

Erich Maritz

Question

Dears, 

While trying to set up universal control for my surround sound (so I dont need the extra remote) I've been facing the following difficulty.

When I go through the steps in device connector I never get the option for set universal control. After simplink  (which is off) I just have the option "done" no next to set up manufacturer to control it via the "universal" remote function on my magic remote.

Device: Oled55c7v-z + magic remote

Tried already:

Factory reset, change service location, adding different devices (never does the option appear), hard power cycle, and disconnecting and connecting the devices.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

On 6/27/2018 at 6:42 PM, Erich Maritz said:

Dears, 

While trying to set up universal control for my surround sound (so I dont need the extra remote) I've been facing the following difficulty.

When I go through the steps in device connector I never get the option for set universal control. After simplink  (which is off) I just have the option "done" no next to set up manufacturer to control it via the "universal" remote function on my magic remote.

Device: Oled55c7v-z + magic remote

Tried already:

Factory reset, change service location, adding different devices (never does the option appear), hard power cycle, and disconnecting and connecting the devices.

Same thing here Erich. I tried connecting magic LG Remote to my set-top-box, and I notice that for some devices in the Device Connector list, the menu in the upper right corner goes to done right away and for some devices it goes to Simplink first as you explain and then to done again. I never get the chance to reach a menu out of which to choose my T-Home set-top-box, from a list of manufacturers, or furthermore try and test the working optional remotes, as they explain on the tutorials. 

Did you by any chance found a solution to this, since I try resolve it as of yesterday, and cannot find any other thread on this topic on the web. The restart, power off and back on, as well as disconnecting and reconnecting devices did not do the trick too.

After many changes to the menu and trying to find options, what allowed me to search for manufacturers is changing the Broadcast location in the settings menu. In the general settings set the Broadcast location to UK, US or Germany. It will restart the services and allow you to do further and register a set top box providers. However the local manufacturers may be not available so you will have to search for substitute. For example my Arris set top box is not available in the list so i am searching for other manufacturers which codes could work. Not all provoders/manufacturers are readily available so it is a hit or miss game. Good luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.