Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

bayness0

Cycling apps support

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• The hottest smartwatch of CES is running Open webOS!

So did you guys see that smartwatch calling that Audi at CES? Turns out it's openwebos!    Exclusive: The hottest smartwatch of CES isn't running Android Wear — it's Open webOS   LG and Audi's smartwatch collaboration is the most desirable wearable of CES 2015, and while the carmaker says it's just a prototype, the device offers a tantalizing glimpse of future LG wearables. Or at worst an agonizing look at a beautiful watch we'd love to own.   We tracked down the Audi/LG watch — still officially nameless, by the way — in Las Vegas today, and we can exclusively reveal that it's not running Android Wear as originally believed. In fact, it's packing completely different software based on LG's Open webOS. Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-audi-watch-android-wear-webos    

By Alex, in LG webOS Smartwatch

• 1 reply
    • Question: [HELP] Can't Play 4K/UHD Movies Directly from External HDD on LG 4K TV 43UF680T

I have LG 4K TV 43UF680T running WebOS 2.0 and it can't play 4K movies from my external HDD. It reads my HDD drives + contents and I can play other movies/videos without problem, even some of it are 4K videos like demos etc. But recently I downloaded a 4K movie in mkv format (HEVC/x265), copy it to my ext HDD and my LG TV read it as an UHD (I can see it on the thumbnail) video but when I play it it's stuttering, mirrored and have a horizontal pink line below the screen. I don't know what the problem is, but I have other x265 movies as well but they're all playing well although non of them are UHD movies just 1080p Bluray rip movies. So I guess the problem is not from the HEVC/x265 compability.   If anybody here can help me it will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

By lastofthefamous, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • I would like to see a new Phone from LG running WebOS..Something like HP veer

I would like to see a new Phone from LG running WebOS..Something like HP veer

By Oral Aro, in HP Veer

• 0 replies
    • PreCentral: WebOS Ports running wallpaper contest, make your photo the Ports default

If you've done any tinkering around with the porting projects of webOS Ports, you've likely noticed the wallpaper they've been making use of. It's an image the sun rising over a foggy and rocky coastline. It's coloful. It's visually pleasing. It's nice. And it's time for it to go. The fine folks at WebOS Ports have decided it's time to replace their choice for the wallpaper, and they want you to submit your images for consideration. Officially the contest is to include the wallpaper on the Galaxy Nexus port, though it's possible the wallpaper could find its way onto other WebOS Ports projects. They're looking for images that are at least 1280px x 1280px (remember, Open webOS can rotate any which way), and of course it has to an image that isn't protected under copyright - i.e. something you've personally produced - and should not include the recognizable faces of people. Apart from that, it's a free-for-all. Instructions on how to submit your image are at the source link below (time to learn how to IRC and how to Wiki), and submissions are open through the end of January. So go ahead, dig up that awesome image of yours and submit it. You never know, it might end up installing along with every Galaxy Nexus Open webOS port.

View the full article

By NewsDummy, in webOS News

• 0 replies
    • PreCentral: WebOS Ports gets Open webOS up and running on the Google Nexus 7 [video]

As if the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Open webOS port wasn't enough, WebOS Ports has announced a new porting project: Open webOS on the Google Nexus 7. The seven-inch Android-powered tablet built by Asus was the premiere launch devices for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and thanks to the open source and open hardware nature of the device, it is the perfect fit for WebOS Ports's next porting adventure. Seeing how much we loved the small seven-inch TouchPad Go, it's no surprise that the equally small Nexus 7 tablet was on the radar of WebOS Ports. Though larger, the 1280x800 screen on the Nexus 7 is close enough in pixel dimensions to the 1280x720 screen on the Galaxy Nexus, so a lot of the work put into the smartphone project could be easily translated to the Nexus 7. How easy? This work was led by WebOS Ports's Simon "morphis" Busch over the course of about a week while he was on winter break from college. The port was accomplished with the Galaxy Nexus project in conjunction with LibHybris, created by Carsten Munk (an engineer at Jolla, though he also leads Merproject, which grew out of Sailfish ancestors Maemo and Meego), a library that allows for "bionic-based [Android] hardware adaptations in glibc systems", in essence making it easier to translate between the designed-for-Android hardware and Linux-based software like the Open webOS operating system. This means that with LibHybris the WebOS Ports team won't have to write drivers from scratch for different Android-based devices they might wish to attack. In addition to LibHybris, the Nexus 7 leverages the work of those involved in Merproject, FreeSmartphone, and SHR Project. A video of the port in action is after the break, and as an early alpha we're rather impressed. Open webOS on the Nexus 7 runs generally smoothly (there's some intermittent and infrequent lag, which isn't anything too surprising at this stage) and has improved considerably from our last look at Open webOS on the Galaxy Nexus. In addition there's now an Enyo 2-based Settings app that allows you to toy with things like the Wi-Fi and brightness settings and the new OWO Memos app (also Enyo 2 based). The port also supports the classic webOS tablet keyboard, the made-for-the-Galaxy-Nexus virtual gesture area, and forward-swipe-driven screen rotation. Essentially, it's like webOS on the TouchPad Go, except on the slimmer, lighter, faster, newer Nexus 7 and more open source-y. Oh, and did we mention that it runs untethered now? Yeah, it does that. Being able to use Open webOS on the device without being hooked up to your computer is a big deal, and we're really quite psyched to see that happen. You still have to boot from a desktop, but after that you can unplug the cable and get on with the webOSing. The Nexus 7 Open webOS port is still in its early stages, but thanks to the work done on the Galaxy Nexus port it's come a long way in a relatively short time. We're looking forward to what's coming next. read more

View the full article

By NewsDummy, in webOS News

• 0 replies