Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

narsyl

LG smart TV snooping my home netwkork

Question

Hi,

Recently I was watching videos on Youtube in my TV when detected failure in the network and pauses on the movie that I was watching. Also detected the switch where only have the TV connected has a lot of activity given that the film was failing.

Turn on the PC and found that the network was slow, being forced to check in more detail the reason for the slowness. It was there that check (it wireshark) a ridiculous amount of UDP packages originating from my smart TV to the point of spoiling own experience of TV.

I liked to now if this is happening to someone else and is known in newer versions of the firmware.

TV: 42UB820V-Zh
Firmware version: 04.11.13
SDK: 03.05

Regards.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Pages reload on switch

Hi, I own an LG Smart TV (43LK5900PLA) and I seem to have an issue with the browser. If I have more than one tab opened if I switch between them, they refresh / reload. The thing is this doesn't always happen and I haven't been able to figure out why. One thing is for sure - it is really, really, REALLY annoying and makes browsing the internet impossible on websites that have pop-ups. You may ask why. Well, because they usually open a pop-up whenever you make your first click. Pop-ups open in a new tab and the browser automatically switches to it. After closing (or going to the initial website tab) it reloads and .. well.. the pop-up again. Also, it's impossible to check e-mails and open links too. Same story. You click on a link, a new tab opens and when you go back to the e-mail it reloads and the e-mail is opened no more. Like I said, this doesn't happen every time. 90% of the times, regardless of what sites I open, of what I have opened when the browser opens. The LG webOS is up to date and I've tried clearing the history and 'clearing the cache ' in the browser. Nothing works so I'm pretty disappointed. Thanks in advance.

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Turn off screen while listening to music

How do I turn off screen when listening to music

• Question: YouTube TV

When will YouTube TV streaming services be available

• Recording on the network share

If I understand correctly, currently (WebOS 4.0), it's possible to record TV shows on the flash drive only. Could you implement recording on the network share (Windows share, samba or similar)? I have small NAS so it would be great if I could use it's storage for this purpose. Regards, Jaroslav

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Pop up messages on TV:wired LAN disconnected, then Network connected

For the past few months I am getting intermittent pop up messages on my TV. 1st one says Wired LAN disconnected, then another message pops up and says Network connected. I have been calling my cable carrier Spectrum and Techs have been here and can't find problem. Also I went to check my wifi on my TV and my user name and connections aren't showing up all of a sudden. This TV was just purchased May 2017. What is going on and how to resolve!!

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions