Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

matt_D

Incessant "open input list" on power-up -- 65UB9500

Question

Has anyone in the community had issues with the incessant "Open Input List" pop-up on the bottom of the screen on power-up?

To reproduce:

- You need the TV (65UB9500) connected to a single HDMI source via an AV receiver

- Power on the source selected on the AV receiver

- Power on the receiver, with the correct input selected

- Power on the TV

The TV will go through multiple handshaking "glitches" (video goes on, then off, then back on) while the audio is playing.  At the end, the video will be showing.  Twenty seconds later "Open input list" appears, saying that there's no video signal (except there is...)

I've tried disabling SIMPLINK, HDMI control on the receiver side, everything.

What seems to trigger the issue isn't so much the presence of video, but if the TV sees a source over HDMI where it can't identify the source.  If you bring up the "input switcher" app -- you can get a description of the attached source over HDMI.  The device, if it isn't populating the list, confuses the TV.

Has anyone seen this before or addressed it?

6 answers to this question

I get this message all the time. Whenever I turn on my computer, then the TV (55UB8500) about 5 seconds later I get the "Open input list?" message. Drives me nuts. I tried turning on my TV first, then the PC, but it does not help. Same problem with my Playstation. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd love to hear it.

Unfortunately, there is no fix -- especially if you have the device connected through an AV Receiver.  I ended up having to swap out the unit for a UF model instead of a UB model.

This is also driving me nuts! I have contacted LG Support three times and each time they say that the issue is too complicated and to call a different number (once they suggested disabling SIMPLINK, but it was already disabled). I don't believe the "Open Input List" box showed up like this in the beginning - before any firmware updates. This TV (65UB9500) is incredibly slow and I've been pretty unhappy with this purchase. Would anyone have a suggestion on how to revert to the factory-installed firmware? Thanks.

I have the exact same issue, that is extremely annoying!

They could at least create an option to disable that stupid message or remove it all together  :angry:

I know this is an old thread but I thought I’d share how I fixed it. This was driving me nuts also but I got my “open input list?” pop up to go away by turning ON Simplink.  The pop ups went away and some of my devices automatically turn on when I switch to them. 

• Like 1