Quantcast

Incessant "open input list" on power-up -- 65UB9500

matt_D

Question

Has anyone in the community had issues with the incessant "Open Input List" pop-up on the bottom of the screen on power-up?

To reproduce:

- You need the TV (65UB9500) connected to a single HDMI source via an AV receiver

- Power on the source selected on the AV receiver

- Power on the receiver, with the correct input selected

- Power on the TV

The TV will go through multiple handshaking "glitches" (video goes on, then off, then back on) while the audio is playing.  At the end, the video will be showing.  Twenty seconds later "Open input list" appears, saying that there's no video signal (except there is...)

I've tried disabling SIMPLINK, HDMI control on the receiver side, everything.

What seems to trigger the issue isn't so much the presence of video, but if the TV sees a source over HDMI where it can't identify the source.  If you bring up the "input switcher" app -- you can get a description of the attached source over HDMI.  The device, if it isn't populating the list, confuses the TV.

Has anyone seen this before or addressed it?

6 answers to this question

I get this message all the time. Whenever I turn on my computer, then the TV (55UB8500) about 5 seconds later I get the "Open input list?" message. Drives me nuts. I tried turning on my TV first, then the PC, but it does not help. Same problem with my Playstation. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd love to hear it.

This is also driving me nuts! I have contacted LG Support three times and each time they say that the issue is too complicated and to call a different number (once they suggested disabling SIMPLINK, but it was already disabled). I don't believe the "Open Input List" box showed up like this in the beginning - before any firmware updates. This TV (65UB9500) is incredibly slow and I've been pretty unhappy with this purchase. Would anyone have a suggestion on how to revert to the factory-installed firmware? Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.