Quantcast

Incessant "open input list" on power-up -- 65UB9500

matt_D

Question

Has anyone in the community had issues with the incessant "Open Input List" pop-up on the bottom of the screen on power-up?

To reproduce:

- You need the TV (65UB9500) connected to a single HDMI source via an AV receiver

- Power on the source selected on the AV receiver

- Power on the receiver, with the correct input selected

- Power on the TV

The TV will go through multiple handshaking "glitches" (video goes on, then off, then back on) while the audio is playing.  At the end, the video will be showing.  Twenty seconds later "Open input list" appears, saying that there's no video signal (except there is...)

I've tried disabling SIMPLINK, HDMI control on the receiver side, everything.

What seems to trigger the issue isn't so much the presence of video, but if the TV sees a source over HDMI where it can't identify the source.  If you bring up the "input switcher" app -- you can get a description of the attached source over HDMI.  The device, if it isn't populating the list, confuses the TV.

Has anyone seen this before or addressed it?

6 answers to this question

I get this message all the time. Whenever I turn on my computer, then the TV (55UB8500) about 5 seconds later I get the "Open input list?" message. Drives me nuts. I tried turning on my TV first, then the PC, but it does not help. Same problem with my Playstation. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd love to hear it.

This is also driving me nuts! I have contacted LG Support three times and each time they say that the issue is too complicated and to call a different number (once they suggested disabling SIMPLINK, but it was already disabled). I don't believe the "Open Input List" box showed up like this in the beginning - before any firmware updates. This TV (65UB9500) is incredibly slow and I've been pretty unhappy with this purchase. Would anyone have a suggestion on how to revert to the factory-installed firmware? Thanks.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I’d share how I fixed it. This was driving me nuts also but I got my “open input list?” pop up to go away by turning ON Simplink.  The pop ups went away and some of my devices automatically turn on when I switch to them. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ozzie T
      We have a 65UM7300AUE with software version 05.40.10. We have a Google TV dongle plugged into the HDMI 1 port and that is the input we use most of the time. Until recently every time we would turn the TV on it would default to HDMI 1 and the Google TV home screen would be the first thing we’d see. Life was good. Several weeks ago that changed and now the LG OS (I assume) home screen is the first thing we see. Then we have to use the LG remote to select HDMI 1 each time. We never used to have to do this or use the LG remote at all. Kind of annoying. We think we have HDMI 1 chosen as our default input but it doesn’t seem to matter. Any ideas on how we get things back to the way they used to be with the TV defaulting to HDMI 1 automatically?
    • By Fangking79
      My only options are set top box, Blu-ray, DVD player, home theater, OTT. Is there a way to label it?
      Also can I remove trending or all the other stuff on the home page?
    • By Alfaro
      I have a problem with my LG 43NANO756PR: if an app is paused (for example a youtube video or music track is put in pause), after about two minutes the TV goes back to the TV antenna input. Very unpleasant if you are on the phone and need a quiet environment. Same thing if I mute the audio: after about 2 minutes the volume resumes as before.
      Any way to sort this issue?
    • By Devaraj
      Whenever I debug the application with VSCode extention with latest version of WebOS_CLI, always devtools.html has been opened..., why? Even I edit the URL is also not working (devtools.html to inspect.html)
      URL: link hidden, please login to view
      Please help me, how to I rectify it.

• By News Reporter
      LG’s SIGNATURE OLED M 97-Inch TV Honored for Delivering 4K Without the Cables

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, Oct. 25, 2023 — This week, TIME revealed its annual list of the Best Inventions, naming
      link hidden, please login to view to the list which features 200 extraordinary innovations changing our lives. Launched in the U.S. this past August, the LG SIGNATURE OLED M is the world’s first OLED TV with 4K 120hz wireless connectivity and is available in 97-, 83-, and 77-inch models. The TIME’s Best Inventions of 2023 list is compiled by nominations from TIME’s editors and correspondents around the world, and through an online application process, paying special attention to growing fields—such as AI, green energy, and sustainability. Each contender is evaluated on a number of key factors, including originality, efficacy, ambition, and impact. See the full list here: .
      Of the new list, TIME’s editors write: “The result is a list of 200 groundbreaking inventions (and 50 special mention inventions)—including the world’s most powerful supercomputer, a game-changing entertainment venue, and a new shape—that are changing how we live, work, play, and think about what’s possible.”
      Drawing on a decade of OLED innovation to deliver exceptional viewing experiences, the LG SIGNATURE OLED M is a testament to LG’s technical and design prowess. The LG SIGNATURE OLED M features a Zero Connect Box to wirelessly transmit high-quality video and audio to the screen at 4K 120Hz, leaving the area around the screen free from the visual distractions of cables and TV accessories. The LG SIGNATURE OLED M’s wireless solution represents true innovation and a crucial step forward in the evolution of TVs.
      To learn more about the LG SIGNATURE OLED M, visit .
      # # #