Quantcast

Incessant "open input list" on power-up -- 65UB9500

matt_D

Question

Has anyone in the community had issues with the incessant "Open Input List" pop-up on the bottom of the screen on power-up?

To reproduce:

- You need the TV (65UB9500) connected to a single HDMI source via an AV receiver

- Power on the source selected on the AV receiver

- Power on the receiver, with the correct input selected

- Power on the TV

The TV will go through multiple handshaking "glitches" (video goes on, then off, then back on) while the audio is playing.  At the end, the video will be showing.  Twenty seconds later "Open input list" appears, saying that there's no video signal (except there is...)

I've tried disabling SIMPLINK, HDMI control on the receiver side, everything.

What seems to trigger the issue isn't so much the presence of video, but if the TV sees a source over HDMI where it can't identify the source.  If you bring up the "input switcher" app -- you can get a description of the attached source over HDMI.  The device, if it isn't populating the list, confuses the TV.

Has anyone seen this before or addressed it?

6 answers to this question

I get this message all the time. Whenever I turn on my computer, then the TV (55UB8500) about 5 seconds later I get the "Open input list?" message. Drives me nuts. I tried turning on my TV first, then the PC, but it does not help. Same problem with my Playstation. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd love to hear it.

This is also driving me nuts! I have contacted LG Support three times and each time they say that the issue is too complicated and to call a different number (once they suggested disabling SIMPLINK, but it was already disabled). I don't believe the "Open Input List" box showed up like this in the beginning - before any firmware updates. This TV (65UB9500) is incredibly slow and I've been pretty unhappy with this purchase. Would anyone have a suggestion on how to revert to the factory-installed firmware? Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hamedmoosavi7072
      Is it possible to display LG TV screen clock, nano80
    • By tim p
      I have two LG C2 tv's both running OS 03.21.30. Attempts to update the OS state that this is the current version as of 12/2022.  Amazon Music won't open on either of them, the splash screen appears and that's it, for hours.  It opens fine on other devices in the house, Sony TV, PC's, and droid phones. Other streaming apps work fine with no buffering or glitches.
      The solutions offered online list instructions for clearing app caches using a series of menus that aren't even remotely close to the menus available on these TV's.  I've checked every available menu and there's absolutely nothing offering the ability to clear app caches. App Manager offers exactly two options: Launch or Delete. Others insist that you need to clear the cache from within the app but of course the app won't open so that's a dead end.  I did clear the browser cache but it had no effect this AMZN Music problem.
      So far I've also:
      Deleted and re-installed the app multiple times; Left the TV's unplugged 24+ hours; Full reboot of the router multiple times; Factory Reset of the TV's. If anyone has a solution that doesn't involve buying a fire stick I'm very interested - thanks
      (edit) one of these tv's is five feet from the router.  Distance isn't the issue.
    • By Alwaleed Alqahtani
      Hi, I’ll cut to the chase to save your time
      when simplink feature is on, and my extrrnal device is connected (PS5 in my case) to HDMI 1 for example, when I turn on my tv and PS5 (btw I have to do it with seperate controlers which is less convenient than using the PS5 controller alone) anyway so turn them both on but my tv input is still not automatically connected to the only device that is turned on so I have to change the input, as soon as I change the input to my PS5, it turns off my PS5 automatically, and then I have to turn on my PS5 for the second time, it’s driving me crazy, please help me this issue because turning off simplink is no a real sulotion. And one more thing, simplink should be simpler than this am I right?! For example, the TV should turn on by itself as soon as I turn on any other external device “like PS5 or Nintendo switch because these devices I will always need their original controllers so why do I have to use the magic remote to turn them on? That’s not convenient” samsung TVs are doing that and I don’t think that LG is less capable of doing that by any means. 
    • By Sucharek
      Hi, I've been trying to make a shortcut for turning off the screen. I managed to replace the prime video button on the magic remote to run youtube, now I've got the other keys for extra modification.
      My question is, can I find an app that can be used as a shortcut to turn off screen, or do I have to make it myself? And if so, how?
    • By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this.