Quantcast

UB8500 and Directv RVU 4K compatibility

Chris Zepeda

Question

So today I found out Directv just activated 4K resolution service. I called Directv customer support and found out the TV must be RVU compatible/compliant. I called a LG customer service rep to ask if my 4K TV has RVU and the rep actually asked me what RVU was. God help me. Does anyone know if the latest firmware update included the RVU standard? Or is this a future update since RVU is a software based install?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Brian Gregory
      CBS Catchup, Discovery+, POP player, and UKTV Play always need updating. Even seconds after you just updated them. It started doing this a few days ago.
      Who can I contact to get this fixed?
      Since the "apps need updating" notification now always appears when I switch the TV on, I now have no way of telling if anything really does need updating other than going into the LG content store, clicking Apps, clicking My Apps, and visually checking.
      ☹️
    • By styopa
      I moments ago was watching the linked youtube.
      Highest resolution on my desktop 1080p
      Highest resolution offered on my LG CX (whether wired or wireless) 360p.
      Desktop and LG tv are about 8' apart.  Using same wifi/router (connected to 1gig/1gig fiber).   LG tv fully updated.
      Any idea why LG youtube app is so terrible?

Thanks for any advice.

• By Samreen Singh
      I am facing this issue after updating to the latest version of firmware. On my Wifi, I am not able to install/ update any app. Error is coming as written in the title of this post. But when I am using mobile hotspot everythings fine. I have tried all options resetting my router to factory reset, resetting TV, dns setting change to 8.8.8.8. but nothing is working for me for my Wifi.
      My tv model is LGUP7500PTZ pls help
    • By BUB
      2 TVs, one OLED77CXPUA and the other just installed OLED65C2PUA. 77’ shows a program in 2160p while the 65’ shows the same program only in 1080p. Anyone know why ? Thank you.
    • By Sol Harold
      Hi All,

i’ve got an OLED 55C1 with webOS 6.0 and a service remote in South America. 

I’ve been able to find working area codes for almost all regions using the service remote based on previous posts and tables. 

Of most use to me were:
      Brazil: 26895 (local DTV transmission settings) /22800 (BR/US DTV transmission settings)
      US: 1843 / 1793 / 22287
      UK/EU/Turkey: 3122
      AU Australia: 767
      JP Japan: 23439
      I’ve also found working codes for China (CN), Taiwan (TW), Hog Kong (HK), Philippines (PH), Australia, NZ & South Asia incl. India (AJ), certain African and Middle Eastern countries (JA or JA ME IL regions: note Israel is not an option even though IL appears in the code) , Canada (CA), Mexico (MX), Panama and Central America (PA), Ecuador (EC), Colombia (CO), Peru (PE), Chile (CL), and Argentina (AR).
      Notably absent were working codes for;
      Israel (IL)
      Korea (KR)
      Russia and CIS countries (RU CIS)
      Eastern Europe (ETC?)
      Does anyone know the working area option service codes for these countries?
      I am mostly interested in working IL and KR codes.

thank you so much!