Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

peejayw

Remove apps from launcher?

Question

How do I remove unwanted apps from the launcher? I have things showing up there like The Wiggles and Facebook that I will never use, am I able to remove them so they dont appear?

Thanks.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

8 answers to this question

You cant remove them as such i believe, but you can move thrm to the far right so your hardly use them. With the magic remote just hover over the app you wish to move then drag upwards and slide to the right. Then press ok on the remote to place it

How do I remove unwanted apps from the launcher? I have things showing up there like The Wiggles and Facebook that I will never use, am I able to remove them so they dont appear?

Thanks.

Highlight the app icon then press the up arrow key on remote and the icon should pop up out of the list then press up again and a small cross should appear - select on the cross and enter the app will be gone. I am doing this from memory so might not be exact but you will get there from the description.

what ver is software of your smart tv?

If your smart tv is with ver. 03.... update to ver. 04... and then will show option "x" to remove apps

Thanks for the replies. I have version 4.30.16

None of the above suggestions work for me, probably my lack of understanding of this new TV :-)

I assume I should be using the Magic remote?

If I hover over the app it pops up slightly. To drag I guess I press and hold the wheel? Nothing happens when I do this.

If I highlight the app and press the up arrow, selection of the app is lost and the pointer moves to the Inputs icon at the top of the screen.

I have ver 4 software, where should the option "x" to remove show up?

I appreciate all your help, would love to get this sorted out.

OK, I got it figured thanks. I had to move to the right hand side to get the full list of apps then I could remove them, really appreciate the help.

OK, I got it figured thanks. I had to move to the right hand side to get the full list of apps then I could remove them, really appreciate the help.

Apologies - I was assuming you had already expanded the list. Glad you got there in the end.

is there a way to get removed apps back?

is there a way to get removed apps back?

Yes - just re-download them from App Store.