Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

draki

Disappointing support for UHD (and DTS) - 42ub820v

Question

I've just bought a 42ub820v. Generally speaking I'm pretty happy with it so far

What REALLY disappoints me is the reality of UHD support

Is it true that it only supports UHD from USB?

Why is there no support for UHD over DLNA? 

Does anyone know if there are any plans to support UHD over DLNA - seems a bit pointless otherwise

- and it appears to be the same for DTS? Does anyone have more information on DTS support?

I bought the TV because of UHD and DTS support so this is pretty disappointing 

any help or comments on this would be most welcome

thanks

4 answers to this question

After a few hours of investigation (and a lot of trial & error) I've managed to get 4k working using Plex Media Server on my PC and PLAYz plex client which is much better than LG's own offering. DTS also works with this combination

:)

I try plex server to play 4K but the player is smart share and cannot reproduce video.

It is loading at all time.

Where is this plex webos video player? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question: DLNA file refresh with Synology Diskstation

Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory. We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV. Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working. If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• PGS subtitles support and darker options for subtitles color

Hello, It would be a great addition if OLED TVs had more options for subtitles color: like a dark gray, a very dark gray and maybe a transparency setting also. As it currently stands the subtitles ruin the watching experience a bit because they're too bright on HDR content :( The gray option nearly identical to white. Also support for more subtitle formats such as PGS would be great, it would remove the need to have an external device for video playback and improve the overall experien

in LG webOS Wish List

• LG plans shoppable ads for its smart TVs

LG Electronics is partnering with TheTake, a video commerce technology company, to launch shoppable advertising on its webOS smart TVs. Beginning this spring, LG smart TV owners will be able to shop directly through content using TheTake’s proprietary technology that identifies and tags different products within episodes of television and movies. Along with LG, TheTake is also working with programmers including WarnerMedia, A+E Networks, Crown Media Family Networks, NBC Universal and others

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: External subtitles when video is streamed via DLNA

Hello, I have LG 43UJ620V and I've been trying to play video in mkv format streamed via DLNA, subtitle file is in .srt format in the same folder as the video and with same name. But the TV doesn't show subtitle. However, to play the same video from a USB, TV perfectly reproduces the video with subtitles. I'm running Rygel from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. I wonder if there is still no support in WebOS for external subtitles via DLNA. Update: Nevermind. Got it. Support for exte

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Input from NAS, SAMBA, or NFS with No DLNA

I would like to be able to access my network drives without using DLNA.  It should look just like a USB drive.

in LG webOS Wish List