Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

gsmart

TV audio ports crippled

Question

Hi,

acquired a la740s tv and got an unpleasant surprise, LG decided to solve an issue with a feature by removing it.

Just found that I cannot use the home distributed sound with the TV as input, because I can only select one audio output at once. If I redirect the audio to optical out, the TV get's muted.

My idea now is to workaround, as this is webos, linux underneath I've got some questions.

-Can I connect to it through telnet, ssh, or any other IP interface? any other?

-Is the cli rich enough to allow some low level changes? config files, command...

Do these questions make any sense?

Thanks and sorry if I am completely out of sense

RP

post-1718-0-18726800-1415362337_thumb.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• HOME MEDIA CENTER APPS

Dear someone, I have 2 lg smart tv's in my house. Both are looking nice and working good whit webos. Also the link to my lg soundbar easy to make. And the smart remote is the best remote i have had in my life.  Bud when i want to play a movie anno 2018 (network/netflix style) i have a problem. The lg app store do not have any apps that's able to make a dissent home library of my digital movies. Like kodi or ds video. So it wil be nice to add dose 2 apps in the store for web os. I

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Power on/off sound (melody)

Hi, M y TV (SK8000) started to play a short melody whenever I turn it on/off, I can't find anything in the settings that controls it, any idea how I disable it? It seems to start after I connected an Onkyo receiver to the TV via the HDMI ARC port, but I am not sure. I also entered to the IN_START and EZ_ADJUST menus but didn't change anything... Any ideas? Thx.

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Wifi Issue

I have LG webOS TV LJ554T when trying to connect the wifi its now getting connect its shows the status as checking...  And gives error message Unable to connect to the network. Unknown issue has occurred. Please check the status and try again. Wifi is working fine in all the mobile devices. Tried connecting with ethernet cable and ot also shows the status as checking.. 

• Question: Issue with premium content on zee5 and hotstar app on LG webOS smart TV

Hi I see issue with opening premium content video on Hotstar and Zee 5 app in india. All other things work fine but issue only appears for premium content videos. I suspect us this an issue with LG tv itself because both have similar issue. I have raised the issue with both hotstar and zee support. Is there any way to reachout and raise a support ticket with LG on this issue.

• LG Home theater - hard or soft reset

Good day guys. Anyone have any idea on how to reset a LG home theater(hard or soft reset). No video display but audio working fine.. video resolution accidentally put in wrong setting. Thanks

in The Lounge - Off Topic