Quantcast

LG SMART TV Screen corner pixels

ashok R

Question

IMG_20220627_212636_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.439fbafd54f5535b10531b21d3e9ade2.jpgTV model: 49 UH770T 

I used 6000 hours. All four corners start to have struck pixels, this is very disappointing us after spending INR 1,00,000. I am sure this should have been tested products for such high value. How would I customer will recommend LG Smart TV for family and friends if the product manufacturing is not worth the money spent on?

regards,

Ashok R 

Edited by ashok R
Attachment

3 answers to this question

Contact customer service. If the telly is still under warranty you will either be offered to repair or get a replacement.

I have had my LG TV for about 3 years and never had any problems. LG makes so many tellys that there are going to be a small percentage that have problems. When I purchased my Mitsubishi telly the ballast for the bulb that puts the image on the screen broke. Only used the telly twice. Under warranty I had this repaired for free. So this was the same reason as yours. After I had the repair done there were not any problems cept I had to change the bulb when the bulb burned out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 7/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, Angel Beagle said:

Contact customer service. If the telly is still under warranty you will either be offered to repair or get a replacement.

I have had my LG TV for about 3 years and never had any problems. LG makes so many tellys that there are going to be a small percentage that have problems. When I purchased my Mitsubishi telly the ballast for the bulb that puts the image on the screen broke. Only used the telly twice. Under warranty I had this repaired for free. So this was the same reason as yours. After I had the repair done there were not any problems cept I had to change the bulb when the bulb burned out.

Thank you for your time and knowledge sharing. I used TV very less in 5 years. So I crossed warranty period. I asked Service engineer to reach out design team for such poor life of expensive item. He doesn't attend my calls anymore, he was mentioning about 40% of original TV purchase price to replace screen. This is going to be long battle with LG after sales.

Thanks,

Ashok R.

Thank you for your time and knowledge sharing. I used TV very less in 5 years. So I crossed warranty period. I asked Service engineer to reach out design team for such poor life of expensive item. He doesn't attend my calls anymore, he was mentioning about 40% of original TV purchase price to replace screen. This is going to be long battle with LG after sales.
Thanks,
Ashok R.

Quick to sell you a telly, but not quick to help you with any problem. Should be a free fix since the telly is not that old. Not your fault the screen is not working correctly.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TVNerd95
      Hi,
      Bought a new C4 OLED but i get black screens randomly when using internal streaming apps or just going back to the home menu. It seems as if WEBOS is crashing and i can only cut power and reboot when this happens...
      Is it a software or panel issue
    • By herebedragons69
      I purchased an LG 86" UT8050 4K UHD LED Smart TV (2024) from JBHIFI in Australia. The TV was wall-mounted and set up by a local installer. I discovered that my TV has Chromecast built-in. I tried casting music from Roon, but Chrome immediately crashed and the TV shutdown. I tried again and the audio was distorted. I shut down and tried again and the audio stuttered. I tried Chromecasting with Qobuz and Plex and got the same result on audio playing out to my Yamaha RX-V6A and the TV speakers. I then tried to play audio from the Plex App in the LG WebOS. That played fine, without any distortion.
      Thinking this might have been a result of a hurried setup (the installer did this job "on the run" I reset the TV to factory defaults and set it up again. Everything went smoothly. But the problem with Chromecast persists. First time launching Chromecast the app crashed and the TV shutdown. 2nd try I got distorted audio to the receiver and to the TV speakers. Audio and Video are fine on all other apps. I can see no other faults.
      I've been Googling this and not seeing much info other than a few threads where people are saying that the LG built-in Chromecast feature does not work. I saw that one person returned his TV and the replacement had the same issue with built-in Chromecast. Most discussions on this issue are hijacked by people using a Chromecast streamer or dongle as opposed to the built-in Chromecast. They often talk about turning off this or that specific Chromecast setting, settings that are not accessible with a TV with built in Chromecast
      In the WebOs when I look at connected source devices Chromecast is there with a "Chromecast Settings" option. The settings have only one option and that is opt-in on sending crash data to Google. Apparently, Google is not monitoring the issue very closely.
      I listen to mostly Hi-Res audio. I wonder if the issue is caused by the bitrate of 24-bit Hi Res flac files. I did notice that when I cast audio that was CD quality (16-bit), the distortion did not occur. This is weird though because in the past I have been able to cast 24-bit audio to Chromecast-enabled devices without any problems.
      My TV says my firmware is up to date. I did not see a prompt to install a firmware update during setup. I've set software and app updates to be automatic.
      Appreciate any help or even a "Hey, it's not just you, this is a known issue, I've got this problem too".

• By victoranthony
      Hey everyone,
      I have had LG TV for just two years. Last weekend, when I turned it on, it showed a blank white screen but was still illuminated, with sound working. No LG logo or image appeared. I unplugged the TV and held the power button for 30 seconds while it was unplugged, and the screen issue fixed the issue for a week. 
      However, the same white screen problem has now returned, and the power reset trick no longer works.
      Should I contact a local TV repair technician or reach out to LG customer support first?  Any advice?
    • By joe zx
      I have LG oled 55b8pla, it is connected to the net, it has the latest update installed, when I start the web browser application and in the on-screen keyboard I start typing for example the URL of the web page, so instead of the number 1 it displays a number 2, instead of the number 2 a completely different character, etc. etc. etc.
      I turned the TV on/off, turned the app on/off, unregistered the remote and registered it again. No effect so far.
      Any advice, thanks.

• By Low Grade
      hi, 
      i just need to listen to the audio of certain Youtube videos so is it possible to turn off the screen ?.............this is possible for Live TV though............😀