Quantcast

WiFi turning off

Ginger 1969

Question

I have 3 different lg tv’s and am getting the same problem on all three. I have them linked to echo dots which works great till you ask it to turn off the tv. Once the tv is turned off, the Wi-Fi signal is lost and therefore you can’t ask echo to turn it back on. What you have to do is, turn the tv back on using the remote, then go in to settings and reconnect the Wi-Fi. I have searched the forum to see if others have had this problem and can’t find anything, hence posting this thread.

I have searched the net and watched dozens of vids on utube and tried every suggestion offered, except taking the back off the tv and straightening the cables.

I’ve tried: date and time, changing countries and back + turning off auto location, resetting tv, resetting hub, modem and mesh, turned off quick start, turned off simplink, turned tv off, unplugged tv and maybe a couple more I’ve forgotten, all to no avail. 

Any ideas????

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bens
      Bonjour
      J'ai un problème avec le bouton activer/ désactiver le WiFi. Je mets bien le curseur de la télécommande dessus, je clique avec la roulette de la télécommande mais il ne se passe rien.
      Quelqu'un pour m' aider? 
      Merci
    • By Low Grade
      i thought of using my handphone to act as a remote control for the TV.............but it will only work with WiFi ??!!

i had BlueTooth still turned on..............TV is using LAN connection only.........and the phone can no longer control the TV (the phone can control the TV with WiFi on)............is this normal ?? 

many thanks in advance............
    • By Extra Celestial
      Would love to auto start the Alexa app so my smart home can connect to it automatically when I turn it on from a plug since you can't turn on the tv with the hubs.

One small workaround instead of trying to figure out how to turn on the tv from a hub since it disconnects from the wifi when it powers off.
    • By Abdullah Salameh
      My LG SJ850V stopped finding any wifi network about a week ago. The software version is 6.10.30. I don't know the reason this could happen, as it was working perfectly fine a week ago.
    • By NickL
      Hi,
      I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range.
      I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue?
      Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Br,
      Nick