Quantcast

Random apps starting!

Tombofix

Question

So we too are affected (or were affected until we did a factory reset) by the memory issue.  This however, is a little different.

We can be sat, watching the TV for 5 minutes or 5 hours and all of a sudden, Netflix or YouTube just suddenly starts.  Now, I was skeptical about this until I saw it, assuming the remote was being sat on or that it had been damaged BUT, nope.  Even with the controller sat in an IR blocking box, the TV sporadically starts Netflix or YouTube.  This happens whether we're watching FreeSat or a streaming app like Prime or Disney Plus.

We've factory reset AGAIN and still the same issue occurs.  We're running on the latest firmware provided by LG.  Cabled via ethernet with WiFi switched off.
Model: 49uk6400plf

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Harisharan Khadka
      Hello, LG Webos does support Lionsgate play???
    • By joe zx
      I have LG oled 55b8pla, it is connected to the net, it has the latest update installed, when I start the web browser application and in the on-screen keyboard I start typing for example the URL of the web page, so instead of the number 1 it displays a number 2, instead of the number 2 a completely different character, etc. etc. etc.
      I turned the TV on/off, turned the app on/off, unregistered the remote and registered it again. No effect so far.
      Any advice, thanks.

• By netsplit
      Youtube only lets you type numbers, and not letters. Amazon doesn't let you type anything unless you use the really really really slow onscreen keyboard. It's ruining the tv experience. Can't search for topics or shows without the slow drugery of the slow remote and onscreen keyboard.

Is something ms configured or is WebOs really this awful?
    • By Guy Mawson
      Spinning tadpoles while I know I have a good internet connection as verified by Speedtest on my phone!
      do they want me to upgrade my TV or use an Amazon Firestick to do anything useful? planned obsolescence again! FFS I have 70’s video games that work, but a TV bought a few years ago has been made obsolete by auto upgrades that if i don’t accept I am reprimanded by support and told to accept?
    • By Mohammad1403
      Hello there,
      In webos 23, Can I set a pin to prevent adding new apps?