Quantcast

Hotstar TV language selection

ashfaq mohammed

Question

10 answers to this question

Please check your webOS TV version . The app's feature for changing languages is only available for web OS 4 and above. Sadly even I cant use this feature. Trying to communicate with the customer support for the same.

To check web TV OS:  Go to settings---> General------>About this TV------->TV Information ( click on "TV information" to know your TV's web OS version)

1 hour ago, aniruddh kumthekar said:

May I know what is a "lie"?  I did heck with Hotstar customer care. They mentioned the new app has these features available only for the web OS 4 and above.

I meant the hotstar support answer is lie. Because I did used to change language in the app till couple of months ago. My tv is 2017 oled & not on webos 4.

10 hours ago, aniruddh kumthekar said:

May I know what is a "lie"?  I did heck with Hotstar customer care. They mentioned the new app has these features available only for the web OS 4 and above.

Yes, you are right. Even I got the same response from hotstar now "Disney+Hotstar" that - issue is resolved for all lg TV's with webos ver 4 & above. They are working with lg to fix it for lower version and it's gonna take time.

Screenshot_20200405-103244.png

12 hours ago, aniruddh kumthekar said:

Hey! for my TV ( web OS 3.8) it started working.  Pressing the UP key and you can see a settings Icon on the top right corner of the TV, which  opens a language selection menu. Please try.

@aniruddh kumthekar  thanks for update, yes it got resolved.. just wanted to check if you face buffering issue watching hotstar. I face it most of the time on hotstar. First I thought if it was due to network slowness but doesn't seem becoz other all apps viz. Amazon, zee5, Netflix, YouTube works seamlessly. Let me know your thought on this. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.