Quantcast

Missing Aspect Ratio Settings for Video Apps

djpagz

Question

Hello,

How do I raise a feature request for WebOS?

I got a replacement for my 43UJ752T Nanocell with 55SM8100 Nanocell however I noticed that on WebOS 4.7 I am no longer able to adjust the screen like I was able to do on my old TV for applications like Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc, the aspect stays at 'Original'

With the option to adjust the aspect ratio I was able to get rid of black borders for some movies and avoid seeing the bleed from Edge LEDs at the bottom. Now with that option gone I need to keep seeing the white patches throughout the movie, Annoying!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By svsrama
      Hi,
      I have my LG 4K Smart TV -Model : 43UJ632T.
      I could not able to use the Wireless Keyboard ( Logitech K230) with Builtin Apps like Youtube, Amazon Prime or in Netflix to search. I could able to use only thru Magic Remote. 
      But the same Keyboard is working fine in Google Movies & SunNXT apps.
      Could you please help me in fixing the same.
      Thanks,
      Sriram.
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By Low Grade
      i just started using a new LG 43UR7550 (cheapest model from them).......1st time using a LG as well as a Smart TV too.......and so far having a hard time adjusting the picture and sound (never had such problems with previous TVs)😒

1) sound is worse than i thought since the speakers are down-firing (my previous TV had front-firing speakers)...........it has the AI Sound Tuning - so after it had tuned the sound - do i set the Sound Mode to ''AI'' or should i use ''Custom Settings'' to use the equalizer ??😬

2) the TV has many different settings like Noise Reduction, TruMotion, etc.......so how to calibrate for best picture since i read that people say it's best to turn them all off ?😬

3) i can turn off the screen when watching free-to-air broadcast channels.........but can i turn off the screen if i'm using Youtube app on the TV..........?..........what if i use a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV - can i turn off the screen ?🤒

many thanks in advance😃
    • By AlP
      Please add above apps to WebOS
    • By Itachi3431
      Hi all,
      I haven't seen a screensaver option to enable after sometime and no screensaver come's up after long time. Is there anyway to enable it

TV details - 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV 55UR7500PSC

P.S., running latest Web OS