Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ChilinMichael

55UH6030 Crashing/Rebooting

Question

Have a couple of days old 55UH6030, love the picture, etc, all seems to work well except seemingly a few times while watching Netflix (webOS app), the TV freezes and then fully reboots (You see the light turn on for it being off, then starts back up again).  Any ideas?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

6 answers to this question

That's interesting, have you tried removing and reinstalling the Netflix app? Does it happen with any other apps?

I ended up factory resetting the TV as per LG support chat, no dice.  Still crashes in Netflix, also Amazon Prime video and Google Play video.  They are now sending a tech to repair the unit stating this shouldn't happen. 

I have a LG 49uh610v and it happens to me the same, when it takes a while with amazon prime the TV is reset.

I have this same problem on my 65UH615A that I bought in November. Did you ever get a resolution?

Hi guys,

there hasn't been much movement on that topic for some time, but I just recently bought a 55UH625V and see similar issues.
The TV itself and WebOS is pretty nice (thats why i bought the thing in the first place), even though webOS UI is rather laggy.

But the really annoying thing are these random freeze/reboot actions. It randomly crashes in different apps (netflix, amazon, ...) even when watching DVB-T2 content (but i assume that DVB-T2 is also just implemented as app in the system) ...

My TV is on the latest available firmware since i set it up. Given the fact that this doesn't only happen in one particular app i'd expect the problem being located in the OS layer ...
are there any log data a user can access in order to identify the problem?

cheers

The resolution, yes, I got one.  They replaced the motherboard and everything has been fine since.