Quantcast

LG Cinema LED Screen ‘LG Miraclass’ Brings Immersive Viewing Experience to Theaters

News Reporter

Company’s New Cinema Screen Brand, LG Miraclass Leverages LED Technology to
Take the Big Screen Viewing Experience to New Heights

LGE_Miraclass_00_Installed-in-the-Odeon-

SEOUL, Feb. 9, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) announced the launch of its new LED screen brand for cinemas, LG Miraclass. Ideal for theater operators eager to present moviegoers with new, premium services and immersive viewing experiences, LG’s latest lineup of LED screens delivers realistic images with natural colors and deep blacks.

The name ‘Miraclass’ – a combination of the words Miracle and Class – means incredible image quality that can enhance audiences’ sense of immersion. Thanks to their advanced LED technology, LG Miraclass displays help bring movies to life, improving the theater-going experience and offering new value to venue owners and operators.

LG Miraclass currently consists of four product lineups offering different sizes (from 14 to 101 square meters) and screen resolutions (4K/2K) to choose from. At five meters-wide, models LDAA025-1 and LDAA012 are good options for small-capacity theaters, which have become increasingly popular with audiences in recent years. All Miraclass displays provide compatibility with Dolby’s Integrated Media Server, IMS3000, meaning theater owners can deliver premium image and sound to elevate the customer experience.

Employing self-emissive LED pixels, each LG Miraclass model delivers 24-bit color processing and outstanding contrast to give on-screen images depth and vibrancy. They also boast strong, consistent brightness with no corner dimming and produce clear, distortion-free pictures. What’s more, LG Miraclass is capable of displaying 68.7 billion color variations, enabling viewers to experience movies just as their creators intended them to be seen.

LG Miraclass also provides easy management for movie theater operators thanks to its intuitive software and facilitates greater space efficiency through eliminating the need for projection rooms. Additionally, the screen brightness of LG Miraclass can be adjusted across five stages, from 48 to 300 nits, offering suitability for various use scenarios from playing 2D/3D movies to delivering content for company presentations or special ceremonies.

“LG is confident that LG Miraclass will satisfy the needs of operators and meet the expectations of moviegoers seeking memorable cinematic experiences,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “To accommodate rising demand and the diverse requirements of movie theater companies, more lineups and models will be introduced in the future.”

Despite the relative newness of LED movie screens, LG’s LED based displays can already be found in several major theater chains around the world, with more installations on the way throughout Asia, Europe and North America. In Spain, LG Miraclass screen was recently installed in the Odeon Multicines theater in Vilanova, with more displays arriving soon in Odeon Multicines theaters in the cities of Madrid and Barcelona. To learn more about LG Miraclass, visit

link hidden, please login to view

# # #

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Advanced technologies are making life smarter and more convenient. At home, our living spaces have been upgraded through an ever-expanding ecosystem of connected appliances, devices and technologies. However, despite the time-saving benefits of these impressive innovations, the daily chores we love to avoid haven’t gone away just quite yet. Dedicated to realizing the Zero Labor Home, LG recently brought ‘the complete liberation from housework’ a step closer with the introduction of its groundbreaking household companion, the LG Smart Home AI Agent.

Although small in stature, LG’s Smart Home AI Agent has outsized capabilities. Not only does it act as a hub seamlessly connecting and controlling a wide range of home appliances and Internet of Things (IoT) devices,1 it also independently navigates its way around the house thanks to a clever, two-legged wheel design and a raft of cutting-edge tech. Built-in cameras, microphones and various sensors enable LG’s little AI Agent to collect a variety of data from the surrounding environment, which it then leverages to effectively monitor and manage the home.
      Captured through multi-modal sensing, the collected data is processed and analyzed by the LG home appliance AI platform. This makes it possible for the Smart Home AI Agent to comprehend users’ intentions such as voices and facial expressions, understand its surroundings and recommend specific courses of action (such as activating or changing the settings of a particular connected appliance or device) to create greater ease, simplicity and comfort from the burden of housework.

At KBIS 2024 in Las Vegas this February, LG’s versatile Smart Home AI Agent highlighted the progress the company is making toward achieving the Zero Labor Home. Beyond its many abilities as a butler, assistant and companion, the diminutive robot is also quite the dancer. Before an enthralled audience, a group of perfectly-in-sync Smart Home AI Agents showed off their skills on the dancefloor with an endearing and entertaining choreographed routine.
      Live demonstrations and short videos focusing on real-life usage scenarios at LG’s booth revealed how the AI Agent can help at home, from answering user’s questions, to greeting visitors at the door, to delivering useful notifications from connected appliances and other smart home devices.

In the booth’s Laundry section, the robot assumed the duties of a personal butler, offering up useful information, such as when the washing has finished, and helpful suggestions, like the best way to care for one’s laundry. The Kitchen section introduced the AI Agent as a convenient mobile hub and home assistant, seamlessly connecting with LG’s advanced kitchen appliances and presenting delicious recipes based on available ingredients. Inside the Living section, the Agent showed how it can be a valuable companion, notifying users when a visitor has arrived, inspecting each room as an indoor security officer, and even turning off the smart lightings when everyone has gone to bed.

Through LG’s collaboration with Microsoft, the Smart Home AI Agent integrates both the Azure AI Speech Service, which is based on voice recognition and voice synthesis technology, and the Azure OpenAI Service. Microsoft’s advanced Azure AI solutions help to ensure accurate voice recognition and give the robot its aptitude for comprehending nuanced commands, even in noisy environments like the Las Vegas Convention Center – the venue for KBIS 2024.

What’s more, the AI Agent’s Large Language Model (LLM)-based generative AI conversation service enables a more sophisticated level of robot-human interaction. Users can enjoy having natural, two-way conversations on various topics and conveniently control their home appliances with casually-spoken voice commands. Additionally, utilizing voice and facial recognition technology, LG’s intelligent, little home agent can distinguish between different users. To show its own ‘personality’ and ‘emotions,’ the robot changes the expressions on its face display, and can also convey its reaction to events and user interactions through movements generated by its articulated leg joints.

With ThinQ integration and the expansion of its open platform ecosystem, LG aims to accelerate both the adoption of the Smart Home AI Agent and the realization of its goal to liberate customers from the burden of household chores. Much like ThinQ UP appliances, the AI Agent will be able to receive continuous upgrades via the ThinQ app,2 providing users with an evolving, personalized smart living platform and a smart home solution.

A genuine game-changer, the LG Smart Home AI Agent is set to transform the way we interact with our living spaces, bringing us that much nearer to the realization of the Zero Labor Home.
      # # #
      1 Feature availability may vary depending on region and usage environment.
      2 Feature and service availability of ThinQ UP may vary depending on region.

• By tomatowarden
      Hey everyone, I've been using my LG WebOS TV for some time now, and there's a small but impactful change I'd love to see. Currently, when the TV is turned on without an HDMI input, it defaults to displaying a wallpaper. It's not aesthetically pleasing, it's a bit of an inconvenience for users like me who primarily use the TV's smart features.My suggestion is to include an option that allows the TV to boot directly into the Home screen, displaying all the available apps and streaming options right away. This would streamline the user experience, making it faster and easier to access the services we use most.Would love to hear the community's thoughts on this. Cheers!
    • By StanJ
      I've seen an older thread on this topic but it doesn't look like anyone found a solution to disabling the screen saver, so I'll try a new one.
      On virtually all my LG TV's (I have three OLED's and two LCD), the screen saver interferes with my music app (like Plex, Spotify or Amazon Music). I mainly use Plex for playback of my music which is stored on a central server (NAS) and from the app loaded on a Fire TV stick or cube. After about 20-30 minutes, the album art and other related music information (lyrics, song title, duration, etc) all goes black. If I run Plex (or Spotify) directly on the LG TV via the LG Content store app, the screen saver with fireworks always comes on in about 2 minutes. 
      I've tried all the different methods to disable the screen saver function including turning off the Timers, Auto Power Off,  HDD Storage, etc. I also tried opening the hidden menus by pressing the mute button 5 times but that menu didn't have anything relevant. 
      Interesting is that the screen saver doesn't come on when using Spotify on a Fire TV stick or if I playback music through a USB device. But i don't use those methods often, mainly Plex to access my music server where I have about 500 CD's stored in ALAC format.
      Has anyone found a way to disable the screen saver function? I know the logic for having it (to prevent OLED burn in) but I'm not leaving the same image on for more than the song duration (about 3-5 minutes).  It's annoying to check the screen for the a music title or see who is on only to find a black screen looking back. Thanks for any help.

• By Maria D
      How to change view from 16:9 in movies to fit full screen 

LG QLED B22 
    • By News Reporter
      With a 360-degree Rotatable Handle and Auto Screen Adjustment Feature, the Latest
      CineBeam Model Delivers High-quality Content Consumption Anytime, Anywhere

SEOUL, Mar. 15, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is set for the global launch of the LG CineBeam Q (model HU710PB). The LG CineBeam Q will be available for pre-orders from March 18 with exclusive benefits.1 The global release will begin in South Korea this month and will roll out in other markets, including US, Canada, Australia, Germany, Spain, France, UK, several countries in Asia and the Gulf region from April. Furthermore, the innovative projector aims for further expansion into additional countries.
      Unveiled at CES 2024, the LG CineBeam Q projector is designed to complement users’ lifestyles, offering maximum portability with its compact design featuring a 360-degree rotatable handle. Intended for seamless transitions between indoor and outdoor settings, the CineBeam Q caters to users seeking elevated entertainment experiences free from constraints of location.2
      The LG CineBeam Q provides flexibility for effortless content consumption anytime, anywhere.2 Whether used as an educational aid for families or a movie screen for social gatherings, the versatile lifestyle companion integrates into any room or outdoor area. When not in use, the CineBeam Q projector acts as a chic interior accessory, complementing any space with its minimal design. Additionally, users can activate the Light Drawing function to enhance the ambiance of a space with captivating digital images. This image-mapping feature projects images onto the wall, elevating the room with tranquil mood lighting.
      Extending beyond its portable design, the CineBeam Q refuses to compromise outstanding picture quality, projecting stunning 4K UHD resolution images up to 120 inches and delivering vibrant, vivid pictures with a remarkable 450,000:1 contrast ratio and 154 percent coverage (overall) of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
      The CineBeam Q projector boasts versatile and convenient features that effectively solve portability issues associated with conventional projectors, which can be a hassle to set up and move around. Equipped with Auto Screen Adjustment, the auto-focus feature optimizes image placement and size, creating an immersive viewing experience in any space, while eliminating the inconvenience of the setup process.3 Further enhanced by the latest version of the intuitive LG webOS platform, viewers can watch all their favorite shows with seamless access4 to popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and YouTube.5 Additionally, it allows users to effortlessly share content from their smart devices via AirPlay 2 and Miracast.6
      “The LG CineBeam Q stands out as a truly unique projector, not only for its exceptional picture quality and impressive visuals but also for its ability to seamlessly blend into any home environment as a stunning art piece,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “Content lovers will be delighted by the portability of the projector lineup, which delivers unparalleled cinematic viewing experiences anytime, anywhere.”
      # # #
      1 Benefits for pre-order purchase may vary by country.
      2 The projector operates solely through external power sources and does not feature a built-in battery. It necessitates connection to a power cord or external battery. Also, the model requires space suitable for projection such as walls, ceilings and similar surfaces.
      3 If the distance from the screen exceeds 2 meters or the angle of placement is over 25 degrees, the auto screen adjustment may not work properly.
      4 Available when the device is connected to Internet or Wi-Fi network.
      5 Many streaming apps available on webOS require a paid subscription. Support for specific streaming apps may vary by country. Users are required to have an account for the streaming services.
      6 Available when the device is connected to Internet or Wi-Fi network.