Quantcast

LG brings Apple TV App, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit With webOS Hub

News Reporter

Apple TV App, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit to Be Available in
Over 100 Countries and Regions via webOS Hub

webOS-Hub_01-600x337.jpg

SEOUL, Feb. 3, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) has today announced the availability of the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit on its webOS Hub in over 100 countries and regions. Through this move, compatible TVs now offer an easier, more versatile smart TV experience thanks to a diverse selection of content and innovative features that help bring the ultimate in viewing convenience and pleasure to even more audiences worldwide.

With the Apple TV app, Apple Music, AirPlay and HomeKit all coming to the webOS Hub ecosystem, LG is constantly refining and expanding its webOS smart TV platform while enhancing its accessibility so that more consumers can benefit from the most convenient user experience.

By offering a greater range of customization options to smart TV manufacturers and giving more convenience and choice of content to customers, 10 times as many brands are now available on webOS Hub than in early 2021, with LG now working with 200 partners in total including Seiki, Eko, Stream System, Konka, Aiwa and Hyundai. Through these efforts, LG is now primely positioned to deliver on its promise of pioneering streamlined content viewing experiences for millions of people around the globe.

Apple TV+ is the home of award-winning Apple Originals and is accessed via the webOS Hub Home Screen’s dedicated Apple TV app. In addition, users can subscribe to popular third-party streaming subscription services on the Apple TV app, as well as explore over 100,000 films and shows to buy or rent.

Apple Music subscribers enjoy a vast, ad-free library comprised of over 100 million songs, 30,000 expertly-curated playlists, countless 4K music videos and the critically-acclaimed Apple Music Radio, which streams all the hits and classics from across all genres. Apple Music via webOS Hub is great for home parties too, as it comes with millions of songs with time-synced lyrics to make listening even more enjoyable. And it goes without saying that subscribers can instantly access their personal music library via webOS Hub.

webOS Hub will also be compatible with AirPlay, so users can stream movies, music, games and photos to their smart TV right from their iPhone, iPad or Mac. What’s more, webOS Hub-powered TVs are also Apple Home-enabled, giving users control of their TV in the Apple Home app and Siri using Apple HomeKit technology.

The Apple TV app and Apple Music are now available in over 100 countries, which is where owners of webOS-enabled TVs from 200 partner brands will benefit from a growing list of content and life-enriching features. The latest OLED TVs and UHD TVs powered by webOS Hub* support AirPlay and HomeKit, allowing more audiences to experience the enhanced usability and convenience these advanced TVs provide.

# # #

* AirPlay and HomeKit only available on OLED TVs and UHD TVs with webOS Hub 2.0

link hidden, please login to view

• 4 months later...

With the integration of LG TV and Apple Music, users can easily listen to songs from Apple Music on their TV. But from above, you may note that not all LG TV supports the Apple Music app. So, here I'd like to share a tip with you. That's you can do that via the USB drive. To make it, you can use DRmare Apple Music MP3 Converter to convert and save Apple Music files to the USB drive first. And then plug the USB drive to your TV set and start playing Apple Music songs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      With a 360-degree Rotatable Handle and Auto Screen Adjustment Feature, the Latest
      CineBeam Model Delivers High-quality Content Consumption Anytime, Anywhere

SEOUL, Mar. 15, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is set for the global launch of the LG CineBeam Q (model HU710PB). The LG CineBeam Q will be available for pre-orders from March 18 with exclusive benefits.1 The global release will begin in South Korea this month and will roll out in other markets, including US, Canada, Australia, Germany, Spain, France, UK, several countries in Asia and the Gulf region from April. Furthermore, the innovative projector aims for further expansion into additional countries.
      Unveiled at CES 2024, the LG CineBeam Q projector is designed to complement users’ lifestyles, offering maximum portability with its compact design featuring a 360-degree rotatable handle. Intended for seamless transitions between indoor and outdoor settings, the CineBeam Q caters to users seeking elevated entertainment experiences free from constraints of location.2
      The LG CineBeam Q provides flexibility for effortless content consumption anytime, anywhere.2 Whether used as an educational aid for families or a movie screen for social gatherings, the versatile lifestyle companion integrates into any room or outdoor area. When not in use, the CineBeam Q projector acts as a chic interior accessory, complementing any space with its minimal design. Additionally, users can activate the Light Drawing function to enhance the ambiance of a space with captivating digital images. This image-mapping feature projects images onto the wall, elevating the room with tranquil mood lighting.
      Extending beyond its portable design, the CineBeam Q refuses to compromise outstanding picture quality, projecting stunning 4K UHD resolution images up to 120 inches and delivering vibrant, vivid pictures with a remarkable 450,000:1 contrast ratio and 154 percent coverage (overall) of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
      The CineBeam Q projector boasts versatile and convenient features that effectively solve portability issues associated with conventional projectors, which can be a hassle to set up and move around. Equipped with Auto Screen Adjustment, the auto-focus feature optimizes image placement and size, creating an immersive viewing experience in any space, while eliminating the inconvenience of the setup process.3 Further enhanced by the latest version of the intuitive LG webOS platform, viewers can watch all their favorite shows with seamless access4 to popular streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video and YouTube.5 Additionally, it allows users to effortlessly share content from their smart devices via AirPlay 2 and Miracast.6
      “The LG CineBeam Q stands out as a truly unique projector, not only for its exceptional picture quality and impressive visuals but also for its ability to seamlessly blend into any home environment as a stunning art piece,” said YS Lee, vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Business Solutions Company. “Content lovers will be delighted by the portability of the projector lineup, which delivers unparalleled cinematic viewing experiences anytime, anywhere.”
      # # #
      1 Benefits for pre-order purchase may vary by country.
      2 The projector operates solely through external power sources and does not feature a built-in battery. It necessitates connection to a power cord or external battery. Also, the model requires space suitable for projection such as walls, ceilings and similar surfaces.
      3 If the distance from the screen exceeds 2 meters or the angle of placement is over 25 degrees, the auto screen adjustment may not work properly.
      4 Available when the device is connected to Internet or Wi-Fi network.
      5 Many streaming apps available on webOS require a paid subscription. Support for specific streaming apps may vary by country. Users are required to have an account for the streaming services.
      6 Available when the device is connected to Internet or Wi-Fi network.

• By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By Danilo Peixoto Ferreira
      I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

• By williemyers
      hi all,
      for a couple of years now, I've enjoyed AirPlay between my mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my LG Smart TV. But last week, I had to do a Migriation Asst./Time Machine re-install of the system drive on my MacBook Pro/Mojave. Result is that I can no longer get a connection with my LG TV. Two things:
      When attempting to AirPlay connect, I now get a Mac window asking for a PIN code. Then , the LG goes black and gives me a 4-digit AirPlay code, I enter it in to the Mac, but it reports, "could not connect to LG TV" etc. 2. I've put an AirPlay icon in the menu bar, but when I click on it, I see a greyed-out "AirPlay:" that constantly switches back and forth between "AirPlay: Looking for TV..." and "AirPlay: Off"
      All help/thoughts appreciated!
    • By News Reporter
      LG Smart TV Users Gain Free Access to Wide Selection of Apple Originals,
      Hit Shows and Feature Films for Limited Time Only

SEOUL, Feb. 6, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is offering access to three months of Apple TV+ free to eligible LG Smart TV users in 93 countries.1 The 3-month free trial is available within the Apple TV app of compatible 4K and 8K LG Smart TVs (2018 models and later), along with lifestyle screen models StanbyME and StanbyME Go. This limited-time offer will be in effect from February 6 to April 30.2
      Apple TV+ offers premium series, compelling drama and comedy series, captivating feature films, groundbreaking documentaries, and kids and family entertainment. Apple TV+ offers acclaimed, global hit series such as “Monarch: Legacy of Monsters,” “Masters of the Air,” “Silo,” “Hijack,” “The Morning Show,” “Foundation,” “Slow Horses” and multi-Emmy Award-winning “Ted Lasso,” as well as award-winning Apple Original Films including the ten-time Academy Award nominated “Killers of the Flower Moon,” from Martin Scorsese and historic Oscar Best Picture winner “CODA.”
      LG’s industry-leading TVs feature Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos to deliver superb home entertainment and LG Smart TV users can enjoy Apple TV+ in 4K with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.3 The company’s 2024 premium TVs4 are industry first to support both Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode, a cinematic experience available with Apple TV+ titles mastered in Dolby Vision.
      LG is committed to elevating the viewing experience to a new height by offering an extensive array of content and services, class-leading picture quality and immersive audio. LG Smart TV users can effortlessly tap into the full suite of content and services offered by LG Smart TVs with the versatile and user-friendly webOS platform.
      # # #
      1 Available in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Taiwan, India, Korea, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, France, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Malta, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, United Kingdom, US, Canada, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Brazil, Belarus, Ukraine, Gambia, Ghana, Uganda, Egypt, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Lebanon, South Africa, Saudi Arabia and Israel. Additionally available in Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan for models ranging from webOS22 to webOS 24.
      2 Offer ends April 30. Redemption dates for select 12 countries (Bermuda, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Moldova, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Mauritius, Niger, Guinea-Bissau and Turkmenistan) is from February 20 for TVs running webOS 22 and March 4 for TVs running webOS 23. This offer is available on 2018-2024 LG 4K and 8K Smart TV models, StanbyME, and StanbyME Go in the Apple TV app. Availability of StanbyME and StanbyME Go may vary by region. Valid only for new subscribers to Apple TV+ in your region. Limit one offer per TV and Apple ID. Plan automatically renews at your region’s price per month until cancelled. Requires Apple ID with payment method on file. Payment will be billed to payment method on file and can be cancelled anytime at least a day before each renewal date in your service account settings. Terms and Apple Privacy Policy apply; see the applicable terms at www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html. Must be the minimum age required in your country and in the country that matches the store front on which you are redeeming the offer. Compatible products and services required. Cannot be combined with other offers providing access to the same service. Apple TV+ is a service mark of Apple Inc.
      3 Not all content is available in 4K or 4K HDR. 4K resolution requires a 4K‑capable device. Accessing Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision features requires a Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision capable system. Playback quality will depend on hardware and internet connection.
      4 Dolby Vision and Filmmaker Mode is available on LG’s 2024 OLED TV, QNED TV 90, QNED TV 91 and QNED 99 series. Automatic Filmmaker Mode experience is available on Apple TV+ on LG Smart TV models running webOS 6.0 and later.

• Similar Tagged Content