Quantcast

PreCentral: Review: Mugen 2800 mAh extended XL battery for Pre3

Mugen 2800 mAh XL battery

Although the was for just a few days before HP pulled the plug on webOS hardware, a lot more (and a few ) Pre3s made their way to eBay and other "unofficial" channels. Unfortunately, since HP will not support the device or make any additional accessories for it, it appeared as if spare or extended Pre3 batteries would never see the light of day, even if you simply needed a replacement for a defective battery. Luckily for us Pre3 owners, Mugen Power Batteries decided to produce two sizes of extended batteries, the for $46.95 and a for $98.95. As compared to the stock Pre3 battery that clocks in at 1230 mAh, these batteries will give you an additional 14% or 128% of battery life, respectively, before your phone needs to be plugged back in. The 1400 mAh SL battery----is only slightly bigger than the stock battery, essentially making it more of a spare battery than an extended battery. With no other source of spare batteries for the Pre3, having this option for a spare or replacement battery is great. In addition, since Mugen's SL battery is the same physical size as the stock Pre3 battery you can continue to use your existing touchstone-enabled back cover for the Pre3 with no issues

However, if you are looking for some more heavy-duty battery life for your Pre3, you may instead want to consider the 2800 mAh XL battery from Mugen. After putting our review battery through its paces, our overall reaction was quite favorable. While the battery's capacity is twice the size as the SL extended battery, it is also physically bigger, weighing 1.7 ounces (48 grams) as compared to .85 oz (24 grams) of either the stock or SL extended battery. As a result of the larger size, it also requires a larger back cover for the phone which is included with your purchase. For this review, we will focus on both the affects on battery life but also the affects of the larger back cover.

mf.gif

a2t.imgR91dze1p6ps

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By KARUPPASAMY KANNAN
      Hello Team,

We have 32LJ573D model and 43LH600T model LG smart tv.
      We are using Dash DRM video content in hosted web App in LG TV.
      Dash DRM video content is playing in 32LJ573D but not playing in 43LH600T model.
      Please let us know, what could be the issue, and let us the know the TV requirements to play Dash(.mpd format) DRM video content.
    • By Blank_Disk
      i have a uj630v and it randomly pops up with restarting app to free up memory, any when there will be a fix for this other than having to reset the tv as its a real pain
    • By OnlyCORE
      Hey, I have a LG OLED65CX TV (latest WebOS) and  some photos from my Synology NAS are not loading, only in thumbnails like this:

Most photos work perfectly but some not. They are scans from a photobook and then individually cut in Zoner but that shouldn't matter right? Here are properties of one of the photos

I really don't know the reason my TV and it makes me really mad since it took a long time co scan these.
      Weird thing is I also scanned other positive film photos and they work great on TV.
      Do you know what might be the problem?
    • By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     
    • By News Reporter
      Most everyone agrees that technology and innovation have made our lives immensely easier and more productive. Two decades ago, working and studying from home was an entirely different experience without broadband, smartphones or Zoom. But there has been a need to make such technological innovation more accessible to everyone.
      As part of the company’s new ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) initiatives covering human rights, LG is committing to making its home appliances more accessible to the physically challenged. The new vertical laundry solution, WashTower, will be the first appliance from LG to include audio instructions and braille overlays. LG will increase the number of more accessible home appliance products and markets over the course of the year, starting with the enhanced WashTower and CordZero M9 robot vacuum cleaner.

Voice instructions in LG WashTower and CordZero M9 vacuum will make it easier for customers with visual impairment to access the appliance’s many advanced features via audio prompts alone. Additional tones will be implemented throughout the washing machine so there is clear feedback whenever a button is pressed to better guide the user in selecting the correct function and options.

Navigating LG WashTower’s Center Control for visually impaired customers will be infinitely more convenient with the use of braille overlays. Accessibility enhancements for more LG products including robot vacuums, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, refrigerators and air conditioners are in the works.
      With a greater commitment toward good ESG management, LG is putting in place the necessary components to help ensure a better society for all and a better life for every customer. This effort has not gone unnoticed by LG’s long-time accessibility partner in the United States, the National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM), who is also a member of the LG Accessibility Advisory Council.

“LG’s U.S. accessibility council activities are particularly noteworthy; global teams from LG come together to host nearly a dozen leading U.S. accessibility experts and disability advocacy organization leaders,” said Donna Danielewski of NCAM. “They provide candid and critical input and feedback on LG’s latest hardware, software, and planned activities – while also receiving updates about LG’s progress along its accessibility journey. Our team in NCAM is always grateful for the opportunity to learn from the council participants (as well as representatives from all levels of LG) while also bringing our own expertise to the table.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view