Quantcast

C9 Update - 05.10.04 - Can no longer connect to Dolby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good News!   LG Support answered me today. There is an update (05.10.15). It cannot be download over-the-air (yet). But from their website:  link hidden, please login to view 1. Downloa

LG needs to fix the broken Dolby Vision when connecting via an AVR. Seems that Pioneer issued an update. Connection Denon/Marantz is broken. @LG test your updates before pushing them to aTV. We do not

Just wanted to jump on and say I have the exact same issue: Apple TV 4K (2021) + LG C9 + webOS version 05.10.04 + Dolby Vision  It ends up in random and regular black flashes and the Dolby v

If you haven’t already contacted LG you should. The more that complain the faster they’ll fix it. The wheel that squeaks get the oil. My affected receiver is a Sony STRDH790 7.2 Channel AV Receiver. My LG TV looks like crap without Dolby Vision. I even complained to the President of LG, which you can through their website.

Same issue, but an interesting wrinkle with mine.  LG C9, same update as everyone and Dolby Vision is broken between my Apple TV 4K and Denon AVR.

what is interesting is Dolby Vision runs just fine between my Sony UHD player running through the same Denon to the same TV.  

So it has to be something specific to the LG and the Apple TV 4K (I have the 2021 Apple TV 4K by the way).

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Gfeltner78 said:

Same issue, but an interesting wrinkle with mine.  LG C9, same update as everyone and Dolby Vision is broken between my Apple TV 4K and Denon AVR.

what is interesting is Dolby Vision runs just fine between my Sony UHD player running through the same Denon to the same TV.  

So it has to be something specific to the LG and the Apple TV 4K (I have the 2021 Apple TV 4K by the way).

Well shit.. like i said. Nvidia shield here.. so not specific. Works fine directly connected to my 77c9. But not working like it should while going through my Denon receiver.

25 minutes ago, Gfeltner78 said:

Hi - Is your Sony output Dolby?

Opened a case today, 19-Jun-2021, with LG support. Some additional information:

- My setup:  internet <- cat5 -> Roku Ultra HDR 4K UHD  <- HDMI -> Denon AVR-S960H <- HDMI -> LG OLED

- I'd recommend using LG chat. Email results in typical "reset this, reset that". You'll need model and serial number of TV.  Email response from LG stated that chat is only open M-F. but someone did respond today (Saturday). Open cases!

- I had the LG rep add the link to this thread to the escalation ticket.

You may want to check this user post in the AVSFORUM:  

He said in a previous post LG is aware of the issues and is testing a fix now:  

link hidden, please login to view

The above user is credible.

FWIW:  When we started up our ATV4 > Denon > LG C9 system last night we were offered an update to an older Denon AVR-X3300W.   Firmware Version:  8700-4058-9140.  I updated to that version.  There was no information as to what was in it.  I suspect this is Denon's fix on their side.

Waiting now for LG's fix.

44 minutes ago, RobNBill said:

Hi - Is your Sony output Dolby?

Yep, Dolby Vision, that is why it was notable to me.  Basically some places Dolby Vision is fine (my UHD player) and some not fine (Apple TV 4K).  

have not tried a disc in my PS5 or XSX, will try that later.

29 minutes ago, Gfeltner78 said:

Yep, Dolby Vision, that is why it was notable to me.  Basically some places Dolby Vision is fine (my UHD player) and some not fine (Apple TV 4K).  

have not tried a disc in my PS5 or XSX, will try that later.

If I connect directly from the ATV4 to the LG - DV works fine.  Also, if I connect thru the Denon when it is in standby (Apple video is set as a pass thru to LG) DV works fine.  It's only when the Denon is on do I have an issue.

Rebooting ATV does not fix it. Look at your ATV video settings I be it is not set to DV.

I will say that the TV somehow switches to DV only when you watch DV formatted movies. Hulu an other non-DV content still looks like crap. Too dark and when you set it to Vivid it’s bright but distorted.

I updated my firmware to 5.10.04 on my 77C9 and now whenever I play Dolby Vision content on Netflix or HBO Max on my Nvidia Shield (2019) it is cycling between black screen and the image showing with the Dolby vision logo from the tv staying on. Connected through Denon x7200WA and was working fine for 17 months without an issue until their crappy software. As soon as they fix this I disconnect the TV from Internet as I only use it as a monitor.

I updated my firmware to 5.10.04 and now whenever I play Dolby Vision content on Netflix or HBO Max on my Nvidia Shield (2019) it it cycling between black screen and the image showing with the Dolby vision logo from the tv staying on. Denon x7200WA.

Who and how did they test this before rolling it out?  I knees I should, have gone with Sony. When they fix this I disconnect TV from Internet since I only use it as a monitor. I have automatic update disable, but they nag you every day to load the new version. 

For the folks that have a TV & AVR with both supporting eARC, connecting to the TV continues to provide lossless audio pass through to the AVR and of course DV.

I’m currently watching Nobody via Plex, which the audio is Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos. My Denon X3600H is playing it without any issues.

Edit: I'm using the NVIDIA Shield 2019 Pro.

Edited by legends92
Added device info.
Rebooting ATV does not fix it. Look at your ATV video settings I be it is not set to DV.
I will say that the TV somehow switches to DV only when you watch DV formatted movies. Hulu an other non-DV content still looks like crap. Too dark and when you set it to Vivid it’s bright but distorted.

I’ve definitely got it set to Dolby Vision in the settings on Atv 4k (2021 box). And showing in the LG c9 picture settings as Dolby vision too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro