Quantcast

HU70LA/LS firmware support for gigabit usb3 network adapter like on LG oled C9 and CX TV

Hello,

Is it possible to add the driver for external usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters  in the firmware to support them and get more network bandwith like on the oled TV C9 and CX (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgJUUNCsHao) to give to the product the ability to play 4K hdr mkv remux of high bit rate blurays without stuttering (like gemini man or billy lynn for example streamed from Plex server with giga network) ? If you play the same file on direct attached usb drive, no stuttering at all and it's ultra fast to load and fast forward for example.

It already supports external usb2 FastEthernet adapters with ASIX AX88772 chipset and work well on both type A and type C ports, I have tested it, but it is also a 100Mbit/s adapter like the integrated one, so same bandwith, and stuttering is always here.

The driver that need to be added to the firmware is the one for the usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters with ASIX AX88179 chipset like on oled C9 and CX, but no luck, at least with firmware 3.0.0.8 it is not supported, eihter with type A  ports or with the type C port (I have tested both, RJ45 leds stay OFF, the same with a power usb 3 hub in between, driver not included in the firmware).

I have also tesed usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter with realtek RT L8153 chipset, wich is seems to be supported on older oled C7 and C8, but it is also not supported (blinking leds this time but no connection, driver not included in the firmware).

This is very frustrating for a 1800$ product !

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Is it possible to add the driver for external usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters  in the firmware to support them and get more network bandwith like on the oled TV C9 and CX (see

link hidden, please login to view
to give to the product the ability to play 4K hdr mkv remux of high bit rate blurays without stuttering (like gemini man or billy lynn for example streamed from Plex server with giga network) ? If you play the same file on direct attached usb drive, no stuttering at all and it's ultra fast to load and fast forward for example.

It already supports external usb2 FastEthernet adapters with ASIX AX88772 chipset and work well on both type A and type C ports, I have tested it, but it is also a 100Mbit/s adapter like the integrated one, so same bandwith, and stuttering is always here.

The driver that need to be added to the firmware is the one for the usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters with ASIX AX88179 chipset like on oled C9 and CX, but no luck, at least with firmware 3.0.0.8 it is not supported, eihter with type A  ports or with the type C port (I have tested both, RJ45 leds stay OFF, the same with a power usb 3 hub in between, driver not included in the firmware).

I have also tesed usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter with realtek RT L8153 chipset, wich is seems to be supported on older oled C7 and C8, but it is also not supported (blinking leds this time but no connection, driver not included in the firmware).

This is very frustrating for a 1800$ product !