Quantcast

Can't play/pause in browser after update webOS nano79sna, version 5.2.1-2521 jhericulr-jardine

After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.

Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?

It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

50UK6540PTD  3 year old tv  now operates like a 10 year old tv.....     Well after the webos  browser upgrade...     cannot see the bar at the bottom of the playback screen....  this shows the ff/reverse  to speed across the adverts or through the recorded program... not there anymore....  also for some unknown reason the download speed has dropped to 2.3mbs was much higher than this before ie  around 35mbs       can the webos team please rectify the problems?     

I found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

•  

Hi  gave it a try but unfortunately still have problems...  it seems that LG have altered the webos and have inherently caused issue with their update on my 3 year old led tv.  Will I buy another LG after this   unless they solve the problems that would give an answer of NO.

Thank you for your time and suggestion.  appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I just wonder how many times the LG webos team actually look at the LG forum queries?  I would say they dont as it seems that none of our problems are actually resolved.....   came on team sort these problems that have occured since updates...  yes updates....  

• Like 1

Does the new webos update comes with the new stupid browser? because I could help not pressing update every time I open browser, but now every time I turn the TV on it asks for update and I think its better not to update.

Now I remember I read somewhere from a genius that if your TV has no problem never update it!

Its interesting recently everything I update turns out to be worst, big sample is Microsoft's Visual studio

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By davexnet
      Hello -
      after no updates for approx. 2 years, the TV updated to 06.00.03 about 4 months ago, now to
      this latest, which is described as a bug fix release.

This release has changed the  TV picture, it is too bright, almost garish, with a decidedly blue color cast -
      Let's be honest, a stable and properly balanced image was never one of the TV's strong points, now it's almost unwatchable.
      Why would anybody update the TV firmware picture settings of a 4 year old TV in such a drastic way? 
    • By CpRivers
      I am looking for an app that will allow me to play videos from a shared folder on another computer, something like VLC. Is there an app for the LG to do this? I haven't been able to find anything. I set up the Media Center on the other computer but it doesn't work right and can't see all the available videos. I just want to be able to browse a shared folder.

Chuck
    • By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By Сергей
      Edit: well, had to reset defaults, fixed after that. 
      Hello. in recent days I've updated my LG OLED65CXRLA to 03.23.35 firmware, after that HDR won't work at all.
      I own this tv since February, and never had any issues with it, and for the first time I've encountered problem and serious one at that,
      Before said update HDR worked without any issues from any source - PC, PS4/Xbox, TV's apps like YouTube and Plex. After update HDR doesn't work from any of said source. 
      How it happens: when I launch any HDR content, tv blicks, in upper right corner appears HDR notice, but picture becomes very dark. It's the same as if for example you try to run any YouTube's HDR clip on display without HDR support.
    • By Sur Partha
      I want to install MX Player on my LG Smart TV. I checked LG Play store for content. It is not available. Is it possible ?
      Regards,
      Partha

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Rick Hantz
      Pretty much unusable.
      Very slow - scrolling is terrible. 
      Compatibility with various Web sites is poor.
      Luckily I have an old Windows 7 computer connected.
      Why even have a browser that's so bad?
    • By Tobin
      Hello I have a 2020 LG oled 65 inch tv and I am connected to internet via wifi. I checked connections and they are all good and working. I have standard apps that came with TV installed Netflix, Disney plus ect. And now TV is saying they both need to be updated to have access to those apps. Everytime I go to update and click on update it says the app is not installed so it won't update when I look to make sure app is installed it shows they are.
      I am confused on what's going on and how to update these apps and get access to them again. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated thx

Tobin 
    • By michaelbr
      Is it possible to install/add different browser in webOS? The default browser that came with TV has some issues (playing videos in Youtube, in full screen mode, just kept refreshing, in other modes plays find, other online streaming seems not working as well). In PC those sites worked just fine, without any problem.
    • By SamuelCabral
      Hi, after updating my TV to 05.00.02 version, every time I turn on my TV. The down menu (same as click on house button), is visible.