Quantcast

New UI Update Web Browser bug with Disappearing Subtitles (LG C9 etc.)

After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.

Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.

Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same issues on 77CX. Previous browser version had other issues but not as bad as the new one. Hope it gets fixed soon, I hate that such an expensive TV has these kinds of issues. Where is the QA?

I found that turning off Adaptive Streaming using Javascript fixes the disappearing subtitle issue, but it means sacrificing video quality, so it's not a good solution. (play / pause still won't work).

Also there is no way to downgrade back to the original version. 

I also have a C9, luckily I haven't and will not update the browser on that TV as it's been working great, better than the original CX browser version (new update ruined it completely). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed the latest web os update. Problem is still not solved. I am now forced to run inferior new version and because it is a web os update it cant be downgraded by restoring to factory settings. it is a fucking disgrace.  LG please comment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By CpRivers
      I am looking for an app that will allow me to play videos from a shared folder on another computer, something like VLC. Is there an app for the LG to do this? I haven't been able to find anything. I set up the Media Center on the other computer but it doesn't work right and can't see all the available videos. I just want to be able to browse a shared folder.

Chuck
    • By Josef
      I am recording videos to 
      link hidden, please login to view NAS. During the recording I like to watch the video (still recording).  The Photo and Video App on webOS does not show the file unless the recording has terminated. Is there a possibility to watch videos in webOS while it get recorded? Joseph

• By mayhemfiasco
      Is it possible to access Live playback, i.e. pause, rewind live TV with a universal remote, not using the LG magic remote?
      I have an LG 65" OLED B8 and use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote  - can't use the magic remote as a universal remote as my sound runs through an AV receiver connected via the toslink input on the TV, not HDMI., so no Simplink/CEC. 
      Live playback is working fine (recording to hard drive ok) and I would swear that when I set up the Logitech remote it was able to pause and rewind live TV just using the Play/Pause/Rewind  buttons on the harmony remote no problem, but when I tried it recently it wouldn't work. Nothing in my set up has changed. Has something changed with webOS??
      I've check the Harmony setup is correct and if I bring up the live playback scroll bar with the magic remote, then the buttons on the Logitech work perfectly so I don't think it's a Logitech Harmony problem.
      The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the harmony remote to bring up the Live Playback display, without using the magic remote.  I also find that shaking the magic remote to get the pointer doesn't work very well, so I have to move the scroll wheel to get the pointer, which changes the channel, so I'd rather avoid it altogether (I also feel like I used to be able to bring up the magic remote pointer by clicking the scroll wheel, but that doesn't work any more either. Did I imagine it?)
      Any suggestions on a button function I can program on the Harmony to bring up the Live Playback display, or better yet restore the ability to just press Play/Pause/Rewind on the Harmony and it works without needing the Live Playback scroll bar to be displayed first?
      Apologies if I haven't explained my issue properly. i've never had a problem with my OLED before ( I love it!) so am a first time poster. any ideas?
    • By Сергей
      Edit: well, had to reset defaults, fixed after that. 
      Hello. in recent days I've updated my LG OLED65CXRLA to 03.23.35 firmware, after that HDR won't work at all.
      I own this tv since February, and never had any issues with it, and for the first time I've encountered problem and serious one at that,
      Before said update HDR worked without any issues from any source - PC, PS4/Xbox, TV's apps like YouTube and Plex. After update HDR doesn't work from any of said source. 
      How it happens: when I launch any HDR content, tv blicks, in upper right corner appears HDR notice, but picture becomes very dark. It's the same as if for example you try to run any YouTube's HDR clip on display without HDR support.
    • By Hissy
      I finally updated the software on my TV, and now I have to force a reset whenever I want to turn it on. (Unplug for 60 seconds.) The TV will not turn on without a reset, from either the remote or the power button. Once it's on it responds normally to the remote.  It doesn't matter how long the TV's been turned off - when I want to turn it back on, I have to reset it.
      Has anyone else had similar problems?