Quantcast

• Similar Topics

• By jkester
      Sling TV is my default app on my LG TV.   Everything  was working fine until today.  Now when I hit the HOME button on the remote, the TV correctly returns to the HOME page, but then immediately re-launches Sling TV before I have an opportunity to select a different app (for example, Netflix).   This cycle repeats itself every time I enter HOME while in the Sling TV app.  The only way I can return to HOME without Sling TV automatically relaunching is to manually select a different input (e.g., HDMI one or LIVE Team), and then enter HOME and it will correctly stay in HOME until another app is selected.  I've tried resetting the TV  and I've tried deleting/adding Sling TV.  I have the latest WebOS update.  This may have started after downloading a recent Sling TV app?  Not sure.  Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By Legion
      I just bought a OLEDG177PUA with what I assume is webos 6.  Why is there not a setting available for me to set the default home screen.... to the home screen?  I am constantly ending up on some random live LG TV channel, and having to wrestle it to go "back" to "home" by pressing the home button over and over.  At the very least let me easily switch to a gallery picture as a home screen option.  It's a gallery TV after all is it not?
      I haven't watched live TV since 2003. With all the app options on the home screen now, why on earth would I need to start now? Please enable a way to make live TV stop being the default. It was bad enough that I had to endure a static screen to constantly wrestle back out of to get to the home screen, but I'm not sure what's worse, static or Ancient Aliens. 🙄

Also explain HBO Max. How do you guys have ancient aliens but not HBO Max?
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s World-Class UltraGear Gaming Monitors Team Up
      With Europe’s Best League Players for Regional Supremacy

SEOUL, Jan. 11, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is proud to announce its participation as the Official Display Partner of the League of Legends European Championship (LEC) for the 2022 and 2023 seasons. The agreement allows LG UltraGear gaming monitors to take center stage at the global competition to deliver ultra-smooth, ultra-responsive gameplay when the season kicks off on January 14.
      Founded as the professional tournament for League of Legends organized by Riot Games in Europe, LEC is a competition in which ten skilled teams of five players each compete for supremacy in “League,” the multiplayer battle arena hit that continues to be enormously popular ever since its launch in 2009. Throughout the tournament, LG will also be the sponsor of segments such as Replays and the must-see Match of the Week.
      The new two-year partnership with LEC is expected to help LG further expand its already considerable presence in the global esports scene. The LG UltraGear brand’s strong relationship with the gaming community was built up over the years through active engagement and cutting-edge products that address the needs of real gamers. Thanks to LG’s display technologies that prioritize lightning-quick response time, accurate colors and superb contrast, LG UltraGear monitors have become a favorite with serious gamers everywhere, offering the 4K resolution display and Nano IPS technology with 1ms Gray-to-Gray (GTG) response time.*
      “We are thrilled to be playing such a pivotal role in one of the world’s most popular esports competitions,” said Seo Young-jae, head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “We look forward to seeing our monitors put through their paces by LEC’s top players so we can keep delivering products that meet the needs of the most demanding gamers.”
      Fans from around the world can keep up with all the action, including game broadcasts and up-to-date schedule information, at lolesports.com. Follow the official Twitter account @UltraGearGaming to take part in a social media event to win prizes including UltraGear products.
      # # #
      * LG Model 27GN950. Graphic card supporting DSC required to display 4K 144Hz. For 1ms response time, Faster Mode must be enabled.
      View the full article
    • By News Reporter
      2022 LG Monitor Lineup Optimized for Professional Creative Work and
      Next Level Productivity for Totally Unique User Experience

SEOUL, Dec. 22, 2021 — Designed to meet the needs of professional users world-over, LG’s newest premium monitors for 2022 will make their debut at CES 2022 at LG’s virtual press conference on January 4. Both the LG UltraFine Display (model 32UQ85R) and LG DualUp Monitor (model 28MQ780) offer sleek and practical designs, enhanced connectivity and superior user experience for both home and office workers, including creative professionals and programmers. With peerless picture quality, powerful performance, customizability and convenience, it is no surprise that these solutions both took home CES 2022 Innovation Awards.
      When Only A Professional Will Do
      The new LG UltraFine Display is a professional-quality monitor designed with the needs of art directors, graphic designers, photo/video editors and live streamers in mind. Its 32-inch 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160) resolution Nano IPS Black panel boasts 2,000:1 contrast ratio and 98 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut, ensuring deep blacks and vibrant colors that remain true across a wide viewing angle in various ambient conditions. LG’s first Nano IPS Black panel empowers the LG UltraFine Display to deliver realistic and nuanced black tones, adding more depth to images and allowing creators to realize their visions with advanced precision.
      To maintain the level of color accuracy required by today’s creatives, the LG UltraFine Display comes with a detachable auto self-calibration sensor. Calibration can be easily scheduled via LG’s intuitive software, saving users time by performing this critical calibration automatically.
      Two is Always Better Than One
      A multitasking powerhouse ideal for all kinds of tasks such as content creation and coding, LG DualUp Monitor features a Nano IPS display with a unique 16:18 aspect ratio – a completely new format in the monitor market. The innovative Square Double QHD (2,560 x 2,880) resolution monitor offers the same screen real estate as two 21.5-inch displays and has a vertical split view function that lets users see more in one glance. Boosting productivity and convenience, the LG 28MQ780 elevates user comfort with the ultra-adjustable LG Ergo stand which saves space as it clamps securely to most desks and tables. And the double height screen of LG DualUp Monitor reduces side-to-side head movements, the main cause of neck pain.
      “LG’s premium monitors for 2022 deliver the picture quality, features and usability that can satisfy the needs of both professional and home users,” said Seo Young-jae, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “These CES Innovation Award winning-products are examples of our commitment to explore new form factors and functionalities to expand and strengthen our flagship monitor lineup.”
      Find out more about these new premium monitors by joining LG’s CES 2022 virtual press conference on January 4 at 08:00 PST.
      Specifications:
      LG UltraFine Display (32UQ85R)
      LG DualUp Monitor (28MQ780)
      Size/ Ratio
      Screen Size 31.5-inch 27.6-inch Resolution UHD (3840 x 2160) SDQHD (2560 x 2880) Aspect Ratio 16:9 16:18 Graphic IPS Yes Yes (Nano IPS) Color Gamut (Typ.) DCI-P3 98 percent DCI-P3 98 percent Brightness 400 nits 300 nits Contrast Ratio 2000:1 1000:1 Deep Black from Sides Yes – HDR Display HDR400 HDR10 Color Auto Configuration Yes – Self Auto Calibration Yes – Color Calibrated Yes Yes Response Time 5ms (GtG on Faster setting) 5ms (GtG on Faster setting) AMD FreeSync Technology AMD FreeSync – Design Screen 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design Stand Pivot / Height / Tilt Pivot / Height / Tilt / Swivel (Ergo 2nd Gen) Interface USB Type-C DP Alt. + Power Delivery DP Alt. + Power Delivery 96W + data 96W + data HDMI x2 x2 Display Port x1 x1 USB Hub x1 Upstream x1 Upstream x2 Downstream x2 Downstream Power Adapter Adapter Sound Speaker Stereo Speaker with MAXXAUDIO® (5W x 2)
      Stereo Speaker with MAXXAUDIO® (7W x 2)
      SW On Screen Control Yes Yes Feature PBP – Yes Auto Brightness – Yes # # #
      View the full article
    • By News Reporter
      LG Elevates Listening Experience to New Heights While Reducing
      Environmental Impact Throughout Entire Product Lifecycle

SEOUL, Dec. 17, 2021 — At CES 2022, LG Electronics (LG) will introduce a new lineup of audio products with diverse models offering premium performance, unique and stylish designs and exciting, new sound experiences all the while ensuring accurate, immersive sound for home cinema, music and gaming.
      LG’s impressive audio lineup is spearheaded by the premium LG Soundbar (model S95QR), which boasts an output of 810W and 9.1.5 channels of pure surround sound immersion as a holistic high-end audio solution. With five up-firing channels including the world’s first center up-firing speaker – three on the soundbar and two in the separate rear speakers – to improve clarity and enlarge the soundstage for the ultimate in realism. The perfect choice for movie lovers looking to elevate their home cinema experience, the LG Soundbar’s center up-firing speaker delivers clearer dialogue and makes Dolby Atmos and DTS:X content even more immersive. And with IMAX Enhanced, users can enjoy stunning three-dimensional audio when watching compatible content.
      LG S95QR features several key enhancements, most notably a boost in performance of the new speaker drivers, speaker chambers and subwoofer. The larger woofers deliver a more premium audio quality with deep, resonant bass emulating the immersive sound system of a cinema. For 2022, LG upgraded the wireless rear speakers of its premium soundbar setup from four channels to six, with four front/side drivers to accompany the two up-firing drivers. An improvement over other speakers in this space, the rear speakers of LG Soundbar are designed to distribute sound evenly across a wide 135-degree space, giving customers more speaker placement and angle flexibility, especially beneficial for smaller rooms.
      The soundbar features a more sensitive receiver that allows for more distance between the soundbar and accompanying subwoofer and rear speakers without sacrificing sound quality. With a more stable wireless connection, the LG S95QR eliminates drops or lags in audio output for distraction-free viewing and listening. Thanks to the inclusion of Meridian Audio’s Horizon technology in Music Mode, the soundbar can up-mix two channel audio to 7.1-channels for more realistic acoustic surround sound.
      A superb solution for gamers and music lovers, LG Soundbar features variable refresh rate (VRR) and auto low latency mode (ALLM), making this product a must-have for console gamers who demand that the onscreen action and the audio be in perfect sync.1 With support for high-quality music streaming services, LG’s soundbar makes listening to one’s personal playlists and favorite artists all the more pleasurable.
      What’s more, LG S95QR offers an intuitive user experience when working with to Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa and other AI assistants. Via smart devices, owners can effortlessly control streaming music, adjust volume and change sound modes and control streaming music, using only their voice. And now with the LG WOWCAST Wi-Fi audio dongle, listeners can enjoy lossless muti-channel audio without the hassle of running an unsightly cable to the TV. 2
      When connected to a compatible LG TV, LG Soundbar takes advantage of the TV’s advanced AI Sound Pro feature to make all content sound clearer and more lifelike. Cross-compatibility allows LG TV owners to use one remote to control both the TV and the soundbar. And with enhanced AI Room Calibration, model S95QR can tailor its sound output to any given space, analyzing the dimensions of the room to deliver more accurate low-frequncy audio that is calibrated for maximum accuracy.
      And again for 2022, the LG Soundbar lineup is designed with the environment in mind, with a lower carbon footprint throughout the entire product lifecycle. In addition to shipping in 100 percent paper packaging and using recycled plastic resin for its outer case, the new soundbar models utilize a new composite fiber material that is lighter in weight to cut carbon emissions during shipping and transporting. And due to their relatively modest power consumption, LG Soundbar products save energy during usage as well.
      Starting January 4 (PST), visitors to LG’s virtual CES booth can experience the latest audio innovations for today’s lifestyles. The interactive digital exhibit will feature LG’s full 2022 Soundbar lineup, XBOOM 360, UltraGear Gaming Speaker and the TONE Free lineup of true wireless earbuds including the CES 2022 Innovation Award-winning FP9 featuring UVnano case, Plug & Wireless, 3D Sound Stage and the one-of-a-kind Whispering Mode. Fans and followers can also keep up with LG’s latest announcements on social media by following #LGCES2022.
      # # #
      1 4K 120Hz HDR passthrough for gaming not supported.
      2 LG WOWCAST sold separately.
      View the full article