Quantcast

Just a quick one really.

according to the LG software update form website, my LG tv 65uk6300plb has a software update available. I have rewired my homes Ethernet and wifi, as well as connecting my tv to Ethernet over wifi. Only now I can’t seem to either connect to the software update section on LG or I am but it’s not available in my area.

any ideas how to test this... normally it says it may take a few minutes... now it says no updates straight away.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Gaogier You state that you "Rewired your ethernet and WiFi" - what exactly did you do, and does a basic APP like YouTube actually find and display videos? I am wondering if the TV has a network setup issue after your change. Did you change the routers DNS server IP address? If so, try changing the TV network manually, and set the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (the default Google one), and see if it is finding stuff better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By marshall007
      hello
      i have a LG55UN7440 .it's uae/africa version....it doesn't have alexa and a bunch of stuff...i wanted to know if i can replace the firmware with un7300 since they are basically the same thing ...without bricking my TV through the usb upgrade option

thanks

• By anour
      HI, I purchased 43UF770T-TA 3 years ago in hope that LG will update the software, but I have not seen any proper update. I have 04.05.85 software version of webos 2. The youtube application is pathetic, no airplay support, no proper browser, also do not suupport keyboard input and need to click the onscreen keyboard letter by letter to enter anything. Please fulfill my wish and provide proper software update to 43UF770T-TA so that at least youtube and browser works properly. If airplay is also integrated then it will be super. Thanks. 
    • By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
    • By LesB
      When I first hooked up it downloaded apps fine and updated software.   Next day would not do either
      Software version 4.70.03    
      Model 55SM8100AUA
      Webos 4.7.0-50703
    • By NikolaZ
      Hi. 
      My 55 UH7707 received an SW update to version  05.50.06.  Here are the issues I have encountered:
      1. The whole user interface became really slow. 
      2. Also, what is most annoying, application updates are not installed, for example, NETFLIX has been impossible to update, being stuck in vicious circle,asking me to update the app, and then not being able to complete the installation of the update. 
      3. Wired connection was disabled, ethernet module was not detecting a cable. I had to do a hard reset to enable the ethernet, and reacquire wired connection to the internet