Quantcast

• Similar Topics

• By alebabai
      After updating to the latest web browser with new UI, closed caption subtitles on ALL websites video including Youtube.com disappears every 2-3mins. Video continues to play without subs and subs will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Model - OLED55B8PLA
      WebOS - 4.3.0.9604
      Software version - 05.30.10
      Here is reddit post about this https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/npud6a/new_updated_web_browser_video_subtitles/
    • By Marco V
      Hi,

so i was watching a movie through the webbrowser app of the LGCX65
      Every 20 min the screensaver kicks in while there is no reason to as the movie keeps playing
      in the background you can even still hear the movie playing

how can i disable this screensaver its very anoying

thanks
      Marco

• By maxou
      Hello,
      Is it possible to add the driver for external usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters  in the firmware to support them and get more network bandwith like on the oled TV C9 and CX (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgJUUNCsHao) to give to the product the ability to play 4K hdr mkv remux of high bit rate blurays without stuttering (like gemini man or billy lynn for example streamed from Plex server with giga network) ? If you play the same file on direct attached usb drive, no stuttering at all and it's ultra fast to load and fast forward for example.
      It already supports external usb2 FastEthernet adapters with ASIX AX88772 chipset and work well on both type A and type C ports, I have tested it, but it is also a 100Mbit/s adapter like the integrated one, so same bandwith, and stuttering is always here.
      The driver that need to be added to the firmware is the one for the usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters with ASIX AX88179 chipset like on oled C9 and CX, but no luck, at least with firmware 3.0.0.8 it is not supported, eihter with type A  ports or with the type C port (I have tested both, RJ45 leds stay OFF, the same with a power usb 3 hub in between, driver not included in the firmware).
      I have also tesed usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter with realtek RT L8153 chipset, wich is seems to be supported on older oled C7 and C8, but it is also not supported (blinking leds this time but no connection, driver not included in the firmware).
      This is very frustrating for a 1800$ product !
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Peter Johnson
      I am trying to record terrestrial digital programs from my 2016 LG webosTV to a USB stick- if I set up a few programs to record, a few work,  but after a day or two it will fail. and from that point all will fail.

The TV does still try to record, as I can see it pop up a notification if I am watching, but nothing is recorded. (No error message is shown then.)

If I look at the "scheduled recordings" page, it shows an error, and "Unable to load" for the start and end time of the failed show.

If I go to "recording history" for that show, I see a message saying "incomplete, Cable/broadcast service changed programming" but that can't be the case for so many different shows,

There is plenty of space on the USB stick.
      I have tried LG support, but they can't tell me what the message means, and suggest returning the TV for repair.

As a side note: I don't usually watch terrestrial TV through the television- we still use Sky (which is why I want to get this working!) I only say that in case it was a reason that show schedule information is not being updated.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received.