No Sony Liv or Mx player

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@George Hofmeister thanks a lot for all the information.

Hi @Sid

Sony are apparently working on an app as @Nitin1438 detailed in this thread:  https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/3797-sony-liv-app/

If you are on Twitter you can pester Sony here:

As for MX Player you would need to contact them via the following page to ask them is they are in the process of producing an app:

link hidden, please login to view

If you get a response from either party feel free to post it here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Legion
      I just bought a OLEDG177PUA with what I assume is webos 6.  Why is there not a setting available for me to set the default home screen.... to the home screen?  I am constantly ending up on some random live LG TV channel, and having to wrestle it to go "back" to "home" by pressing the home button over and over.  At the very least let me easily switch to a gallery picture as a home screen option.  It's a gallery TV after all is it not?
      I haven't watched live TV since 2003. With all the app options on the home screen now, why on earth would I need to start now? Please enable a way to make live TV stop being the default. It was bad enough that I had to endure a static screen to constantly wrestle back out of to get to the home screen, but I'm not sure what's worse, static or Ancient Aliens. 🙄

Also explain HBO Max. How do you guys have ancient aliens but not HBO Max?
    • By BHPOST
      My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
      LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
      If not, what recourse do I have?
      Thank you. 
    • By Jonos1
      Anyone have a problem with this app running on LG 4K TV?
      iPlayer app constantly buffers or locks up
      I switch to NOW TV box (not app) & can watch  iPlayer without an issue.
      Also NETFLIX & other catch up apps  work without any buffering or locking.
      Interested to hear your thoughts....

• By Michał Jurczuk
      Is there any music app like Spotify, Tidal, Google Music, anything? How can I stream for example from my phone?
    • By Spraoí
      Recently bought an LG Smart TV in Ireland. 43Nano796NE .

There is a button on the remote for Google assistant. Nothing happens when it is pressed. I downloaded the ThinQ app and have paired it to the TV and Google home assistant. I can turn on off the TV via Google and at best turn on Netflix via Google . Just wondering am I missing something else here given the button on the remote doesn't do anything? There is  also a buttonn for opening up Disney plus and that doesn't open up the app. The app button for Netflix and Prime does work. Maybe a first world problem only. Apps for Ireland are not great, would love to be able to download Virgin media player and All Four.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By karan chawla
      Sonyliv, jio TV on webos, mx plyer for LG smarttv
    • By Surojit Bhattacharjee
      The sales person in showroom pushed for LG saying it has better sound and picture richness. But obviously didn't reveal big shortcomings of non-android smart TV in today's ecosystem. This is useless as you are not having freedom to install apps of your choice from playstore. I can't even get Sonyliv. Horrible OS. Now I am trapped for years after buying this TV. Don't buy LG or other non-android TV unless you can affford to throw it in weeks. When will LG grow up?
    • By Deepraj T
      I hope LG check this forum.
      Powerful Browser App like Google Chrome that is able to play videos of Amazon Prime, the default browser  is like Kids play, taking ages to load. Able to control streaming quality in apps like Prime Video, Hotstar, NetFlix, Sunnxt etc., i do not understand how hard for any developer to put this feature in app, I think  WebOS SDK expose this to developer to provide this feature. File Explorer that allow us to store data in TV Wifi file Transfer App like ShareIT(Android) More Apps(MX Player, Jio Tv, Jio Cinema, Airtel Xtreme,  VLC Player etc.....)... i feel the most apps available in the content store are crap and useless  Actually i did not do much research before purchasing UK6360PTE TV, I never expected this much difference from Android TV, i do not know how LG even thinking to compete with this WebOS , because people are getting intelligent and do research before purchase of a TV. they definitely find Android TVs more feature rich.

• By Gursewak Singh
      When will we get sony liv app in our lg smart tv. Please update the true status.  We all are eagerly waiting for sony liv app.