Quantcast

Hotstar app not working

Anurag Rathi

Question

3 minutes ago, Meetu said:

This is what I get when I click on connection settings. No option to enable to disable anything. Please help

16202853208132705063026815471342.jpg

First try connecting with your mobile hotspot and see if you're able to view your respective hotstar content.

If the Mobile hotspot worked, then definitely you'd have to change your DNS settings, for which you'd have to follow below steps:

TV settings > Connection > Wi-Fi Connection > Advanced Wi-Fi Settings > Edit > DNS server = 8.8.8.8

2 minutes ago, kaly said:

First try connecting with your mobile hotspot and see if you're able to view your respective hotstar content.

If the Mobile hotspot worked, then definitely you'd have to change your DNS settings, for which you'd have to follow below steps:

TV settings > Connection > Wi-Fi Connection > Advanced Wi-Fi Settings > Edit > DNS server = 8.8.8.8

Thank you. I figured it out (lol)and playing it now. Thanks! Would this affect any other app, I mean, the change of settings

Change DNS IP on Your TV

link hidden, please login to view

If Hotstar works fine on mobile data, you can change DNS IP on your TV, as given below. Note that steps may vary based on the make and model.

1. Navigate to the Wifi menu on your Smart TV.
  2. Ensure that you’re connected to your home Wifi network.
  3. Go to ‘Advanced Wifi Settings’ or ‘Advanced Options.’
  4. Scroll down to “IP” and set it to Static.
  5. Then, change the DNS 1 servers to 8.8.8.8 

On 5/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, kaly said:

Hi,

Is the DNS server 8.8.8.8 applicable to all country? As of im from malaysia.