Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

What happened to the HBO app (not available in LG ?  I cannot find answers anywhere.  I have an HBO account and would love to use it with my OLED TV.  

Thanks.

Hi,

I solved this issue by simply purchasing an Amazon Firestick 4K.  While it doesn't support Dolby Atmos* on Netflix, it does on some Prime selections. It  supports Dolby Vision*, too (like your OLED) and it works seamlessly. It has nearly unlimited apps available, including HBO NOW, and has twice as much storage (for apps) than your LG TV. I like mine so much, I purchased a second one on Prime Day at half price for my road trips. Once you register it with Amazon, you can stick it in any TV with an HDMI input.  Hope this helps!

Mr. Black

* HBO currently only streams in HD 5.1, so this is not an issue for your question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.