Quantcast

External subtitles when video is streamed via DLNA

pojar

Question

Hello,

I have

link hidden, please login to view
 and I've been trying to play video in mkv format streamed via DLNA, subtitle file is in .srt format in the same folder as the video and with same name.

But the TV doesn't show subtitle. However, to play the same video from a USB, TV perfectly reproduces the video with subtitles.

I'm running from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

I wonder if there is still no support in WebOS for external subtitles via DLNA.

Update:

Nevermind. Got it. Support for external subtitle was added  in most recent code of Rygel.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MURAD
      Hello , There is no setting to select subtitles for series and movies, I tried clicking on the colors on the remote, but nothing worked, I poked around in settings and found nothing. I sent several emails to the company, but no response was received. I remember that there was an option in the previous version, who has the same problem and what can be done?
    • By Lorenz
      Our LG TV does not show files properly when a new file is added in a directory.
      We have a Synology diskstation ethernet drive with DLNA and if we download a new file (in the dedicated download folder) or we copy a file from a PC to a folder, the file is not seen in the LG TV.
      Sometimes it's there in few minutes, sometimes it's not visible for days! turn on&off is not working.
      If we want to watch a video we need to load it on a USB stick, which is definitely not nice in 2019.
      Looking at synology forums the DLNA file list should be automatically updated when a new file is added, is there any way to force refresh from LG app?

Thanks
    • By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By dzoole
      Can you add opaque box for subtitlws when we warch from smart share, external hdd etc... so practicly in thw subtitle menu choose for opaque box and transparency. Thanks in advance
    • By Marcelo
      I'm watching a movie (mkv) that has 10 built-in link hidden, please login to view, but webOs only shows 8 options and the one I want to select is the ninth option. My TV is LG 55 OLED B6. Is there a way to make this selection?  
  • Similar Tagged Content