Quantcast

External subtitles when video is streamed via DLNA

Question

Hello,

I have  and I've been trying to play video in mkv format streamed via DLNA, subtitle file is in .srt format in the same folder as the video and with same name.

But the TV doesn't show subtitle. However, to play the same video from a USB, TV perfectly reproduces the video with subtitles.

I'm running

link hidden, please login to view
from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

I wonder if there is still no support in WebOS for external subtitles via DLNA.

Update:

Nevermind. Got it. Support for external subtitle was added  in most recent code of Rygel.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By LahiruSam
      How can I play videos with sinhala subtitle? Model - LM630BPTB
    • By PizzaMan
      I have a New LG 32LM6300PLA,
      Can you record at the same time as watching another channel, also does it pause and rewind TV?
    • By Marcelo
      I'm watching a movie (mkv) that has 10 built-in link hidden, please login to view, but webOs only shows 8 options and the one I want to select is the ninth option. My TV is LG 55 OLED B6. Is there a way to make this selection?  
    • By bbourgau
      My NEW LG 4k UHD is suddenly showing a Factory Mode floating message on Power startup...
      All the information I've read (including LG online & TV documentation) DOESN'T mention this mode and how to restore User Mode...
      Is this really a Smart TV ??
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Khamikaze
      Hi there,

So VLC (via DLNA) does not see LG TV webOS as renderer option.
      Even Windows 7 (via Explorer / Windows Media Player) sees it.

What's special about LG TV webOS DLNA implementation that VLC does not see it?

Thanks,

PS: Some other related posts on this.

VLC Streaming to LG Smart TV

VLC on LG C8.

Streaming from Windows VLC to LG webOS TV?

How do I stream to my LG TV using the VLC Media Player on my HP Envy Desktop that is Running Windows 8

link hidden, please login to view  
    • By powder
      Hello friends,
      I have setup a home network in Windows 10, I think it uses DLNA. I can play all the files from the computer or the USB stick in the router with no issue but the external subtitles (correctly named) are not working in my 65C9, only internal ones. 
      If I access the same files in the network from a computer, there is no problem and subtitles are shown, it's only the TV not displaying them.
      Can someone help in how to make external subs work when played from a local network or what to check?

Thanks

• By mmerc2004
      I have 2 LG TV's both running different versions of WebOS 3.x (UJ6300 and UH6550). The 6550 picks up my DLNA NAS, but the 6300 does not AFTER I unplugged and moved my NAS. Everything else works fine - can see the storage on my computer on the other TV (and play content), but not on the 6300. This used to work fine, but after cleaning up my server room, this one TV is uncooperative. 
      Any ideas?

• By Appergioz
      Hi all,
      I have a question in using SmartShare on LG WebOS 2.0 (my LG TV is 43UF770T, a 2015 model).
      Recently I often use the TV to view pictures from files located in my NAS through DLNA capabilities in SmartShare app. I found out that when I view pictures with resolution smaller than 4K, then the pictures are shown in the center of the TV screen and cannot be shown full screen (automatic best-fit). This is quite annoying because when viewing older photos taken from old phones with 1920 x 1080 resolution for example, then the picture will look small because it is not shown full screen.
      For comparison, when viewing video files, the TV automatically resizes the images until best-fit full screen, i.e. video with smaller resolution than 4K still shown full screen. This is exactly what I want.
      Does anyone here know how to get full screen image shown for smaller pictures (auto resize upscale to best fit full screen), just as with video files in SmartShare?

Many thanks in advance.