Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!
Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
1. Download LgDTVUpDater [
link hidden, please login to view | link hidden, please login to view ] Updated 19 OCT 2015
2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\
3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt
4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your link hidden, please login to view
5. Save and exit
6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder
7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it
8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it
9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address > Connect
10. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates
11. Accept downgrade to the first firmware TV
12. Restart TV
13. Back to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Check Set Automatically
14. Go to General > About This TV > Check For Updates and follow TV instructions OR download available Software_File dedicated for your TV, unrar and put *.epk file in LG_DTV folder at USB stick
15. Mount USB stick to USB port at your TV then accept upgrade when message prompt on the screen
16. Restart TV and follow TV instructions
For best performances go to TV Menu > General > Reset to Initial Settings
NSU EMU BY SMX
If your attempt to downgrade your TV with LgDTVUpDater for some reason was not successful, you can try to use tool prepared by SMX.
Everything you need - NSU Emu by SMX and how to use it - you can found link hidden, please login to view.
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
By mick mcgregor
My 55UH850V can no longer access my gmail or my Youtube account because Google no longer support the browser, this is a growing problem as on many other sites i have the message "we will no longer be supporting this browser please update to new Chrome" can LG do an APP or fix this problem?
My TV is only 5 years old and already out of date i feel let down by LG, surely an update enable search engine should be a must for smart TV, maybe a docking port for a hard drive on the back of new TVs so you can slot in a LG formatted hard dive at the side or bottom for down load of new systems for LG to keep TVs up to date.
I have a hard drive through USB on the TV to record programs but it can only record what you are watching this also is a pain as you generally record a program so you can watch something eles, a common sense issue that LG should have picked up on.
HBO GO app doesn't work since it was updated on 28th of May. App starts up, HBO GO logo shows up, then the rotating circles shown ... forever, nothing more happens
To fix this I've tried the followings:
- restarted IPS router
- connected TV to my phone (through wi-fi) so internet was connected through 4G, means there is no IPS/router/local net related problem
- deleted app, restarted TV (unplugged power, switched quick start option off in TV menu), reinstalled app many times
- checked if theres any WebOS updates, no updates found, it is up-to-date
- HBO GO works well on all other devices at home (AndroidTV box for an other TV, laptops, phones, tablets)
- all other apps are working well on the TV (Emby, Netflix, Youtube etc)
Despite all these no changes unfortunately, still doesn't functioning.
Type: 55UK6300MLB, WebOS is latest version.