Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ajmboy

Disney Plus on LG webOS TVs

It showed up on mine automatically as well. When I clicked it, it downloaded an update so I wasn't sure if it was actually the whole app or just a placeholder that triggered a download. They can auto add apps though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grabber5.0 said:

LG wouldn't have automatically installed Disney+ on my TV after it was released, would they? I went to look for it and it was already installed. I'm sure I did and forgot about it, but not certain. emoji1787.png

Separate topic: I remember reading about this, but it is pretty annoying that already watched episodes don't track from the web. It wanted to start over on Mandalorian even though I had already watched the first three episodes on the web a few days ago.

Yes, they do that. Whenever a mainstream app is released its always there on my tv automatically, never had to install one.

• Like 1

Other than wat was installed initially by LG from the factory I have always had to install new apps on my 86UH9500.  Not that there has been anything new, mainstream, other than Disney+ and AMC.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:59 AM, schneidernet said:

Me too. I've subscribed but so far will be unable to watch it. I have Fire TV but Amazon and Disney are not friends. Don't want to buy a Roku. No good Android TV boxes except Shield but it's long in the tooth. Thinking maybe a Chromecast Ultra via my tablet. CORDCUTTING IS HARD!

Hi there what is the problem that you have with your fire tv and disney+, im using the service since november 12 so far so good on amazon fire tv stick except for the problems from the service itself.

I'll just add that it has been announced that Disney+ is available on Amazon Fire devices. They don't like each other, but it would hurt both sales of fire devices and adoption of the service enough to where they both come out better this way.

I just want DD 5.1 so I can have surround and DolbyVision both at once. At least I'm only really watching the Mandolorian which doesn't benefit from HDR/DV  like Disney claims. Even with HDR from my Xbox, you'd never guess it. Love the show but it isn't using colors in the HDR range like other things obviously are. Hopefully season 2 will use proper DV and the app will support surround sound by then.

39 minutes ago, grabber5.0 said:

How are people confirming whether 4k is working or not? When I'm watching a stream, the info button doesn't work like it normally would.

On the title's page, between the title graphic and the info at the bottom, it will have tags for what it supports. My LG TV shows tags for 4k and DolbyVision. My Xbox One X shows tags for 4k, HDR10, and DD5.1 for shows that support them. Just check a show that supports everything like the Mandolorian and see which tags are listed.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, schneidernet said:

My C7 WebOS does Disney+ with  DD Plus and HDR while my Shield Pro 2019 does it with Atmos and Vision.  Pretty sad a $2K plus TV gets beat by a $200 box.

The specifications of the C7 list it as having both Atmos & Vision, so I would guess that the limitations are down to Disney's app not the TV.

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED55C7P-oled-4k-tv