Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

ajmboy

Disney Plus on LG webOS TVs

@Hastor AppleTV 4K at least works great in Dolby Vision. And the Netflix, Apple TV+, Amazon and Disney+ apps all support Dolby Vision and have Dolby Vision content.

Native LG apps for Amazon and Netflix also work great in Dolby Vision or HDR+.

1 hour ago, Xander Mol said:

@Hastor AppleTV 4K at least works great in Dolby Vision. And the Netflix, Apple TV+, Amazon and Disney+ apps all support Dolby Vision and have Dolby Vision content.

Native LG apps for Amazon and Netflix also work great in Dolby Vision or HDR+.

Thanks. I'm good on the other apps on my TV. Sounds like the D+ app, at least in is current form, doesn't support HDR on LG (or DolbyVision).

Has HDR been confirmed for Xbox One X or PS4 Pro? I'm fine with standard HDR for now, not worth buying a new device to jump to DolbyVision on a single service yet. However I do want to ensure I get HDR at least, and those are the devices I have that are capable.

I'd also like surround sound, what formats are they using? My TV ARC channel only supports lossy surround. My receiver supports Atmos, but I don't have the speakers for it, running standard 5.1.

Should I be good with what I have, or will I need something new for HDR and the best (non Atmos) sound they will offer on D+?