Quantcast

Web Browser Update Required on all WebOS TVs

Deepak Suresh

Hi Deepak,

In regards to Google.com if you are referring to "We have detected you are running an older version of Chrome" this is because the website is not detecting the browser correctly, but it is identifying that it is based on 

link hidden, please login to view
, which is is as is Chrome, Safari the upcoming Internet Explorer et al.  Because sometimes Google, although doing its best not to be evil, does get some things wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Hofmeister said:

Hi Deepak,

In regards to Google.com if you are referring to "We have detected you are running an older version of Chrome" this is because the website is not detecting the browser correctly, but it is identifying that it is based on 

link hidden, please login to view
, which is is as is Chrome, Safari the upcoming Internet Explorer et al.  Because sometimes Google, although doing its best not to be evil, does get some things wrong.

True. But I am expecting the OpenSource WebBrowser "Chromium" in WebOS

Just now, Deepak Suresh said:

True. But I am expecting the OpenSource WebBrowser "Chromium" in WebOS

Expectations vs reality... Chromium would need to be entirely recompiled for webOS and its memory requirements I would think exceed what is available in a TV.  Smart TVs can be seen as a TV with a little bit of computing power, not a lot of computer with a little bit of a TV. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By davexnet
      Hello -
      after no updates for approx. 2 years, the TV updated to 06.00.03 about 4 months ago, now to
      this latest, which is described as a bug fix release.

This release has changed the  TV picture, it is too bright, almost garish, with a decidedly blue color cast -
      Let's be honest, a stable and properly balanced image was never one of the TV's strong points, now it's almost unwatchable.
      Why would anybody update the TV firmware picture settings of a 4 year old TV in such a drastic way? 
    • By Сергей
      Edit: well, had to reset defaults, fixed after that. 
      Hello. in recent days I've updated my LG OLED65CXRLA to 03.23.35 firmware, after that HDR won't work at all.
      I own this tv since February, and never had any issues with it, and for the first time I've encountered problem and serious one at that,
      Before said update HDR worked without any issues from any source - PC, PS4/Xbox, TV's apps like YouTube and Plex. After update HDR doesn't work from any of said source. 
      How it happens: when I launch any HDR content, tv blicks, in upper right corner appears HDR notice, but picture becomes very dark. It's the same as if for example you try to run any YouTube's HDR clip on display without HDR support.
    • By visioneer.one
      I have a 50NANO79SNA, built in 2020.   After ignoring the message for some time I finally decided to allow it to do an automatic firmware update.  Started the process then went to bed.
      In the morning the TV appeared to have hung up - it was turned on but had no picture, no audio and did not respond to the remote.  I turned the TV off using the manual power button then powered it back on... I got the LG power-on sound, but again no picture.  Powering it off then back on again resulted in no sound, no picture and a power light that flashes 3 times each time it turns on.  It does respond to the remote (for power on/off commands.)
      Is there a way to force-reload the firmware over USB if you don't have a picture?
    • By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS

• By tarakdave
      I have noted that TV WebOS is very slow and when you start TV it taking long time to go to any menu.

Is there any way to make it fast ? 
      Is there any way that it will update program guide quickly ?
      Is it possble to change Change font size ?
      Does magic remote cofigurable ? Is it possible to change remote scroll wheel to sound insted of changing channel ?
      If you connect to any HDMI device it taking long time to switch back to normal TV mode some time it requied to switch off an switch on. 
      This is dumb OS. I should have check before buying it. Please any one has answer to make it fast ?
      Is it is possible to change OS if I dont want to use WebOS ? 
      New buyer please check before you jump to WebOS