By Justin Tan
Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS.
As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
For a +1000$ TV, the subtitles system for the media player is not okay.
1) The subtitles delay can only go in – time. No + (later). So if the subtitles come too early, you cannot improve it. It should be possible to control by 50ms or at least 100ms instead of only half seconds.
2) The font is just bad. Not super legible, with inconsistent spacing (the space between letters is sometimes big, sometimes small), and a pretty bad design overall. Offer more fonts to choose, like other brands do.
3) The smallest size possible is still relatively big. Why not give more control options? Maybe selecting the exact size by increments of 2 points instead of 6-7 options.
4) It should be possible to decide if subtitles have an outline or not, or shadow, just overall more control depending on personal taste and the film one watches. Just color is simply amateurish for this price.
5) Offer more options to place to font even lower on the screen. I've seen others request this.
Please LG, improve this in a firmware upgrade. Currently subtitles ruin my film experience. Thanks in advance.
It would be a great addition if OLED TVs had more options for subtitles color: like a dark gray, a very dark gray and maybe a transparency setting also. As it currently stands the subtitles ruin the watching experience a bit because they're too bright on HDR content :( The gray option nearly identical to white.
Also support for more subtitle formats such as PGS would be great, it would remove the need to have an external device for video playback and improve the overall experience.
Automatic Firmware Update
Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
Choose the General menu from the left.
Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.