Quantcast

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Use of Plastics Made From Post-Consumer Recycled Materials to Increase Tenfold by 2025

SEOUL, Sep. 9, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced its goal to use almost 600,000 tonnes of recycled plastic by 2030 in a concerted effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the value chain. The goal is a part of LG’s larger initiative to create a take-back ecosystem for electronic waste and increase the use of post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials in its consumer electronics and home appliance products.
      In 2020, LG utilized approximately 20,000 tonnes of recycled plastic in its products which it plans to increase more than tenfold by 2025. While recycled plastic is currently used inside LG TVs, PC monitors, speakers, washing machines, refrigerators and air conditioners, LG will expand the use of recycled plastic to the exterior of its products as well. In addition to utilizing more recycled plastic, LG is reducing the use of virgin plastic throughout its operations as well. This year, 18 OLED TV models will be produced using less virgin plastic, an increase from 14 models in 2020, for a reduction of up to 10,000 tonnes of plastic.
      LG is also increasing the target amount of take-back electronic waste from its 2006 figure of 4.5 million tonnes to over 8 million tonnes by 2030 with 3.07 million tonnes having been collected by the end of 2020. Also, LG is implementing initiatives to take back and recycle electronic waste in 52 countries. In South Korea, LG Chilseo Recycling Center, which opened in 2001, not only takes back electronic waste but also manufactures new components from the recycled plastic and ships the parts to LG’s home appliance plant nearby for use in new products such as refrigerators.
      LG is focusing its efforts on reducing greenhouse gas emissions throughout the entire product life cycle from production and transportation to use and disposal. As a key component of its sustainable management goals, LG’s parent company entered into an agreement with the Korean Ministry of Environment and local civic groups in June to implement plastic-free management at its main R&D campus, LG Sciencepark.
      # # #
      View the full article
    • By Raato
      How can I clear the LG TV (UM7600PLB / os. 05.10.25) cache?
      I don't mean any particular app or browser but the whole TV cache. The cache contains incorrect data.
      The data is cached because the factory settings do not help. I know you have to have the kind of script that does it.
    • By Mathew
      Am using LG OLED TV 55BX UAE version in India but can't install Disney Hotstar App in my TV and India is not mentioned in Broadcast and Location option which is not at all fair. Please sort this out...  I am a LG electronics user ( Air conditioner, Refrigerator, Washing machine ETC ) and recommending others also this Brand but this kind of issues are leading to discourage ..
    • By Rado Radev
      I just got a C1 TV.
      There is a small app home menu shown when the TV is turned on, it is located at the bottom of the display (Home Auto Launch).
      How can I access this after start up? I do not what to see the whole Home page when I want to switch to another app.
      Thanks
    • By RobNBill
      Since this update the Apple TV 4K can no longer connect to Dolby via HDMI.  Immediately prior to this update - it worked.
      Now, if you attempot to connect and set it to Dolby - the screen flashes the Apple TV screen on and off - it can't stabilze.
      This happened immdeiately after the update.  
      Can I revert back to the prior software?  Or, can you send me a version that does not have this issue.