Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

• Similar Topics

• By nashwan
      I have the following setup:

LG 55EF950V television which is running webOS 2.2.0-1317 (this should be the latest version of the OS).

I have a number of video files on my Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS which I connect to with the TV over DLNA (on the TV this is Smart Share -> Devices -> (NAS))

I can see all the video files and play them etc., however when viewing the list of files I dont see any thumb images even though I have a JPEG image for each file.  For example: "My Video.mkv" has a thumb call "My Video.jpg".  For collections I put a "cover.jpg" image in the directory (this doesnt work either on the LG TV).

Has anyone else out there managed to get a webOS 2 TV to show video thumb nail images for videos over DLNA?

BTW: this all works when I use a Samsung TV so I dont think it has anything to do with the way the Synology DiskStation DS413 NAS is setup.
    • By Don McNair
      Recently my new LG TV started showing the ATT Uverse screen saver instead of the LG version it previously displayed. We didn't change any settings and much prefer the LG screen saver. Can anyone help us get it back?
    • By Peter Sjostrom
      Hi everyone!
      I have an  LG - 43" Class LED HD Smart webOS TV (Model 43UM6910PUA). 
      I keep all my videos stored on an external hard drive. When I connect this drive, a SEAGATE Expansion Portable 2TB External Hard Drive HDD (Model STEA2000400), to the USB port (back, side) and go to thumbnail view all I see are generic folders with the titles I have given to them. I do not see any of the  "folder.jpg" poster/cover art images which I have in included in every folder together with the video(s) themselves. Why are these folder.jpg images not showing up in thumbnail view? I have no problem on other (older) televisions I have (none of which are LG however). Am I doing something wrong? I have contacted LG support both via email and online chat but have unfortunately not been able to get an answer from them.
      I have included an image of the what I mean by generic folders in thumbnail view (see below). Thank you!
      Peter 

• By Arne
      I am only using my LG SmartTV as a SmartTV, no traditional cable/antenna-input at all, only internet and other devices.
      But still it seems to default to expecting old fashioned TV signals, always starting up on a "dead" TV channel with no input, and always ruins the nice screensavers with a big black box saying "not programmed".
      Any idea how to get rid of this?
    • By maninblack2000
      Hi, Does anyone know how to change the start up source on a 
      LG 55UJ635V L tv?

When i turn it on it starts at Live tv which i dont use so i have to keep changing it to my Sky box (HDMI) source. keep reading it should turn on at the last used source but it doesnt?
      LG suggested change HDMI ports but that didnt work?

driving me mad, even reset the tv and its still doing it?