Quantcast

webOS 3.3.4 - third party player or update for in-built player?

Dowryne

Question

Hi there,

so far, the inbuilt media player was able to play a lot I threw at it, but it, but some videos just won't play. They are playing on every other platform and other videos with the same codecs involved also play, but there seem to be things (maybe a higher compression, bigger container data or something like this) that throws off the in-built player, so it just says "couldn't recognize media, want to continue with the next video?"

So I was looking for another media player on the LG app store but other than a few IPTV players and client-side streaming players (like Plex), I couldn't find any app that I could try playing those videos with (from an external hard drive which is plugged into the TV, that is). Basically, I'm looking for a VLC-like app that supports 4k and HDR. 😉

Alternatively, there doesn't seem to be a way to update the in-built player, right? I assume it's included in the general TV update. Given that I'm up-to-date with this one, I assume this means that I can't to anything there.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated! :)

• Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Roy Brown
      webOS updated, I think to 2023, on my C2 a couple of days ago. Since then the News option on the Sky News app no longer works, instead timing out. The Weather and Climate options still work, though.
      I have deleted and reloaded the Sky News app, but the problem remains.
      Does anybody have any suggestions of what I might try to get this working again, or is this something for LG, or Sky, to fix?
    • By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By quentar82
      In the specifications of this LaserTV it is shown that WebOS 6.0 should be installed on this device.
      The latest Device Firmware Version is 3.01.02 and i am missing the RTL+ App (Germany) which should be available with WebOS 6.0 
      So any info when there will be a "real" WebOS 6.0 available on the Cinebeam HU915EQE?

• By karlafratus
      I purchased my nano cell tv over a year ago, and everything was fabulous, but after 6 mos, I noticed odd behavior. When I checked all the settings, the open source license was jeri cur and had quite a bunch of apps that I never wanted and can't change.
      The updates and the time refuse to update, so I constantly have to change settings. It shows apple products, like air play and other apps I never downloaded. 
      I have been dealing with these issues but just bought another big screen, an lg crystal 85 inch yet it doesn't seem to perform as it did on display at store. I have tried to download the newest software for the older tv, and I figured it was the webos, and got to the developer sight once but couldn't fix the problem, I believe the developer is the hacker, and I can't detach the controlling apps.
      My browser exhibits redirecting and I can't control my remote and other issues. Any suggestions?
    • By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?