Quantcast

LG 49UB850V 4K Youtube

Question

Hello,
Since a few days, I do not have the possibility to watch videos on the application youtube of my TV LG 49UB850V in 4K.
In the settings, it stops at 1080p.
I have a very good internet connection (fiber optic), and especially, there are still a few weeks, I could do it without problem.
A test video of youtube in 4K is only available in 1080p on my tv, while on the computer, it is available in 4K.
On my most recent LG 55C8 also by the way, the 4K is possible on this same video. I did the test with lots of videos, same result.
LG does not know how to solve the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled the application but it does not change anything.
I did nothing special on my TV before this change, it is done overnight. Do you have the same problem?

THX

• Like 1
  • Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Hello, Since a few days, I do not have the possibility to watch videos on the application youtube of my TV LG 49UB850V in 4K. In the settings, it stops at 1080p. I have a very good internet connection

4 answers to this question

On 5/10/2019 at 11:29 PM, Kyou said:
Hello,
Since a few days, I do not have the possibility to watch videos on the application youtube of my TV LG 49UB850V in 4K.
In the settings, it stops at 1080p.
I have a very good internet connection (fiber optic), and especially, there are still a few weeks, I could do it without problem.
A test video of youtube in 4K is only available in 1080p on my tv, while on the computer, it is available in 4K.
On my most recent LG 55C8 also by the way, the 4K is possible on this same video. I did the test with lots of videos, same result.
LG does not know how to solve the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled the application but it does not change anything.
I did nothing special on my TV before this change, it is done overnight. Do you have the same problem?

THX

It's the codec problem if I'm not wrong. Just play YouTube from a ps4 Pro or chromecast ultra connecting to your TV. Not sure if it only applies to LG WebOS. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By David Joseph
      Since the start of this month using youtube is just hectic after one music its followed by an add, try watching something its like watching a series of ads, kindly add something on the web OS to manage this or if anyone has a solution kindly share 
    • By keshav iyer
      Videos from certain websites are unable to play on browser after latest update to webOS 5.50.55. In the first image there should be a play icon on the video player

• By Боката
      some one know  how to how to mirror screen on tv LG 55UN73003LA from android phone ?
    • By News Reporter
      Is it possible to experience “comfort” virtually?
      That’s what LG’s Home Appliance & Air Solution Company hopes with the opening of its new online showroom, LG HVAC Virtual Experience. Utilizing the latest in digital technology, this interactive online showroom lets visitors get to know LG’s diverse range of residential and commercial indoor environmental solutions from the comfort and safety of their homes.
      The showroom delivers an intuitive, virtual experience that lets visitors view the company’s latest solutions in a variety of virtual environments to learn about the benefits they provide, such as greater comfort, improved indoor air quality and seamless control, all important in helping customers make informed and important decisions for the family or employees.

Upon entering LG HVAC Virtual Experience, visitors can choose from a range of business and living space categories: Residential Apartment, Residential Villa, Office General, Office High-Rise, Retail and Hotel. Customers can roam the 3D environments freely using their mouse or touchscreen. Menus offer additional information on every model, including specifications, features, product videos and case studies. Simple to use and navigate, LG’s new virtual platform is a great tool for consumers, industry professionals and partners looking to create healthier and more comfortable indoor spaces.

What’s more, the virtual showroom allows visitors to see the behind-the-scenes details and technologies. Press the onscreen Airflow and Piping buttons to see how air travels in an air conditioner or air purifier and how pipes direct water and refrigerant through a system. Virtually switch operational modes and observe how airflow changes from one air conditioner to another. Beyond the technology and science, the showroom is also a great place to check out all the products’ stylish designs to see how they match various virtual interiors.

LG HVAC Virtual Experience is an open, engaging online resource that will give visitors a thorough understanding of LG’s latest, optimized HVAC solutions for all kinds of spaces, helping them figure out which products are best suited to their specific needs. Visit to discover the company’s latest indoor environmental comfort technologies on your PC or smartphone.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By harryw66
      I have an LG-43UN73006LC purchased in the UK - but it does not have a My5 app for watching Channel 5 related programmes  in catch up.
      Channel 5 is one of the main 5 programme channels here in the UK - so why no support from LG?
      How can they call this a Smart TV without support for the basic UK Channels?
      Even my ancient Humax box had My5 app
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Mahendra Chowdary
      I've LG GX OLED which is the best tv in market yet it doesn't stream 4k HDR content in Disney plus hotstar.... But in all other platforms Disney plus hotstar is streaming 4k HDR content... Why not on WebOS.....? 
      By the way I've Disney plus hotstar premium subscription waste of money for taking that...
    • By ReneVlEugel
      I own a LG HU85LS very happy with that but now I don't see the Disney plus app. 
      Where an when can I get it?
    • By Nyalisson Rodrigo
      All day long i had try to watch videos on YouTube App and I can't use the app.. i try others user and I can't use the youtube app at my LG Tv. On cellphone it's work normally
    • By ironmonkey
      After using this LG "Smart TV" for about 2 years now, i can honestly say that it is one of the worst products i have ever paid for.
      Constant and ongoing problems have long ago woken me up to the fact that i am never going to get what i paid for, or even enjoy using what is still being touted as a "Smart TV" even though after two years of disappointments though constant errors, freezing, crashing, lack of memory, lack of usable apps, lack of support (both through the product and through LG) Upgrades that dont actually upgrade anything and the ongoing lack of support for anything that is worth using through the Web Browser.
      The lastest downgrade for this TV is the lack of support for YouTube through the Web Browser. I have seen a message at the top of the page within YouTube for some months arning that LG will soon stop supporting YouTube though the Web Browser. A few weeks ago this happened literally over night. I turned my TV on and went to use YouTube only to find that it just did not load, when it does load, its is so bad that you simply can not use the site. I thought about this and why LG would do this and i honestly think that this is their attempt to fix the problem with LG TV's having so little onboard memory that their TV's can not and do not work properly while using the Web Browser for more than 20 minutes without a forced close down.
      So now they are forcing you to use the apps instead of the Web Browser and stopping support for anything that they can not monetarise through allowing the use of apps on their TV's. But the app is not stable and crashes or simply does not load, its quite ugly to use and not intuitive at all. But this is what we are now being forced to use.
      Its becomes painfully obvious very quickly that LG dont allow you to change the Web Browser that they choose, you can not download another, because they dont want you to do that and too be honest, there simply is not enough onboard memory to allow for choice.
      In conclusion, i will predict that its only a matter of time before they stop supporting the Web Browser all together and then they will have to take the word "Smart" out of all discription of their TV's.