Quantcast

How to connect my LG TV to Google Home Hub?

Bîrlă Andrei

Question

Hi there,

I have a 50" UK6470PLC LG Tv and recently  I bough a Google Home Hub.  I now that my Tv has Google Assistant built-in ( accesible only with Magic Remote wich I don't have) and I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.

So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipemnt (like Chromecast )?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, Bîrlă Andrei said:

Hi there,

I have a 50" UK6470PLC LG Tv and recently  I bough a Google Home Hub.  I now that my Tv has Google Assistant built-in ( accesible only with Magic Remote wich I don't have) and I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.

So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipemnt (like Chromecast )?

Thanks in advance!

Try this on for size:

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By JamesH
      I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.
      How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?
    • By News Reporter
      Under the Theme of ‘Upgrade Your Lifestyle with LG’, the Company Showcases How
      LG ThinQ and Its Technologies Offer Enhanced Customer Experience  

SEOUL, Mar. 14, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to showcase its cutting-edge home appliances and related core technologies at the Appliance & Electronics World Expo (AWE) 2024, taking place in Shanghai, China, from March 14-17. In collaboration with Jingdong (JD), one of China’s biggest e-commerce companies, LG will present a range of premium home appliances that local consumers can purchase through JD’s online store, and host a live broadcast session on the opening day of the Expo. 
      Under the theme of ‘Upgrade Your Lifestyle with LG,’ the company is introducing the upgraded home lifestyle made possible by the company’s innovative appliances. The expansive exhibit includes the LG x JD Alliance zone, LG Innovation Tech zone, Upgrade Your Lifestyle zone, as well as the LG ThinQ Home, MoodUP Bridge, Air Solution Lounge and the Laundry Solution & Trendy Kitchen zone.  
      LG x JD Alliance zone highlights the groundbreaking appliances that will be available on JD, along with the advanced technologies that have helped LG become a major player in the global home appliance market. On day one of AWE, LG and JD will team up for live broadcasts showcasing home solutions, such as the latest WashTower, LG Styler, InstaView refrigerators, air conditioners, 77-inch and 83-inch OLED TVs.  
      In the Upgrade Your Lifestyle zone, LG will illustrate its harmonious ‘Fix & Max’ concept, with home appliances seamlessly integrated into realistic and stylishly appointed kitchen, study and living room environments. Visitors can also see for themselves how the company’s stunning home appliances realize the vision of making better life at home by curating a residential space with home appliances products, lifestyle screen products and IT products, including the kitchen, living room, home office, dressing room and balcony. 
      The LG ThinQ Home zone shows off the smart yet elegantly simple home appliance management experience enabled by the revolutionary LG ThinQ UP. Intuitive to use, the latest ThinQ UP platform makes it easier to control and manage appliances, whether it is turning appliances on and off or selecting one of the many specialized cycles available on the company’s intelligent appliances. 
      With its vibrant, dynamic colors, the MoodUP Bridge is sure to attract the attention of visitors to LG’s booth at AWE 2024. First introduced in 2023, LG refrigerators with MoodUP feature color-changeable LED door panels that can be managed using the LG ThinQ app. 
      Moving into the Seamless Air Solution Lounge, visitors can experience the full lineup of LG’s air care appliances including the PuriCare AeroTower, AeroFurniture and LG PuriCare Objet Collection HydroTower. 
      The LG Innovation Tech zone introducing Artificial Intelligence Direct Drive (AI DD) technology focuses on LG’s washers and dryers equipped with the latest Direct Drive Motor tech. Intelligently caring for users’ laundry, the AI DD senses the weight and fabric softness of each load and the types of fabrics being washed, then automatically determines the ideal cycle for enhanced cleansing performance and protection of your garments.* Meanwhile, visitors can see the history of LG Styler, as well as the improved clothing care solutions of new LG Styler. 
      The Laundry Solution & Trendy Kitchen zone is where visitors can find LG’s smart integrated clothing care solutions and high-performance kitchen appliances. Displayed in the Laundry Solution zone, visitors can see LG’s smart clothing care solution from washer, dryer, clothing care solution and ironing. The Trendy Kitchen zone features various lineup of InstaView refrigerators with understated, décor-friendly finishes, including Essence White and Matte Black. 
      Visitors can continue their tour of the company’s booth in the LG Objet Collection zone, which presents the unique and captivating aesthetics of the LG Objet Collection lineup.  
      To target young customers, the company set up unique zones where visitors could fully experience LG products in person. The IT Gaming Zone offered visitors the chance to play actual games on LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitors and LG gram Pro laptops. And, catching the eyes of younger visitors, the Camping & Relaxation Zone was an interactive outdoor life space featuring products, including the LG StanbyMe Go and LG CineBeam Q, which are being launched in China for the first time. Also, LG MAGNIT, a 163-inch Micro LED, not only captivates visitors with its high-quality image but also offers customizable large-scale screens to meet the needs of B2B customers. 
      “We are excited to introduce Chinese customers to an upgraded lifestyle with our innovative home appliances and technologies at AWE 2024,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “LG will continue to deliver smart life solutions capable of accommodating the unique tastes, preferences and needs of each and every customer.” 
      Visitors to AWE 2024 can explore the full portfolio of lifestyle-enhancing LG home appliances at the company’s booth (#1C51, W1 Hall, Shanghai New International Expo Center). 
      # # # 
      * Tested by Intertek on comparing the results of AI Wash cycle to Cotton cycle with 3kg of load in LG washer model F4Y7RYW0W. AI sensing is not activated when the Steam option is selected. Results may differ depending on load composition and environmental factors. 

• By News Reporter
      Company’s Latest Appliances Embrace Built-in Design,
      Energy Efficiency and Smart Home Solution

SEOUL, Feb. 27, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling an evolved, fully-integrated home experience at the 2024 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas. LG’s exhibit highlights a range of advanced residential solutions for a better life at home, including an expanded lineup of premium built-ins, energy-efficient appliances and eco-friendly heat pumps that enable home electrification. Also making an appearance is the LG Smart Home AI Agent, a futuristic and friendly innovation designed for a ‘Zero Labor Home.’
      Expanded Signature Kitchen Suite Lineup With New Transitional Series Built-in Kitchen Package
      Upon entering LG’s booth, visitors will encounter the Signature Kitchen Suite zone, which boasts a stylish selection of the premium built-in brand’s latest kitchen appliances. Among them is the new Signature Kitchen Suite Transitional Series built-in kitchen package, developed in response to the growing popularity of both transitional and contemporary kitchen design.
      With subtle aesthetics that help complete a luxurious kitchen look, the Transitional Series offers a sophisticated and velvety matte-stainless-steel panel option and introduces thin yet easy-to-grip handles. The showcased appliances from the Transitional Series include the wine column fridge, under-counter wine cellar, under-counter drawer fridge, 30-inch fridge, dishwasher, 36-inch insert hood, induction oven and wall oven. Visitors can also see sleek solutions from other Signature Kitchen Suite lineups, including the panel-ready Pro Series collection and the brand’s space-efficient compact-size packages.
      To underscore the brand’s ‘True to Food’ philosophy, LG is hosting cooking demonstrations in the booth’s cooking experience area. Expert chefs Nick, Austin and Jordan will be showing how easy it is to prepare delicious fare using some of the Signature Kitchen Suite’s latest built-in appliances.
      Colorful InstaView Refrigerators for a Differentiated Kitchen Experience
      What’s more, the company is introducing a new feature with InstaView refrigerators. Making its debut at KBIS, the new LG InstaView refrigerator allows users to change the color of the InstaView LED light (using the ThinQ app) to suit their preference. In addition, LG is displaying two new refrigerators with MoodUP that employ stainless steel feel material on surface, and a bottom-freezer fridge – with color-changeable door panels that can be easily managed with the LG ThinQ app. 
      New Simple Design for Contemporary Living
      In the LG STUDIO zone, attendees can explore the expanded LG STUDIO Essence White Series, which prioritizes simple, understated design and offers a selection of colors for customizing the appliances’ knobs and handles. The Essence White Series removes unnecessary design elements to reveal the true essence of each appliance, delivering a timeless and simple look that’s always in style. Complementing any kitchen décor or design theme with its soft matte-white finish, the lineup comprises a wall oven, dishwasher, induction oven, Styler, WashTower, hood, gas cooktop and over-the-range microwave.
      Customized, Energy-Efficient Smart Home Solutions for All
      Besides its premium built-in lineups and comprehensive packages, LG is presenting customized home solutions that are tailored to the needs of both multi- and single-family households and are suitable for a wide variety of spaces. Across several display areas, LG shows how its state-of-the-art appliances are able to fit in effortlessly in an array of different housing situations. Moreover, visitors can check out LG’s impressive, new bath solution leveraging the latest technologies and premium design for a more comfortable and convenient bathroom experience.
      Meanwhile, in the Sustainable Home Solution Zone, the company is showcasing its comprehensive home energy solution, which includes the LG Energy Storage System (ESS). Ready to help U.S. customers take advantage of upcoming energy efficiency rebate programs,1 LG’s solution offers user-friendly energy management encompassing production, storage, usage and conservation.
      The ESS is easily integrated not only with LG’s air-to-water heat pump and inverter water heater, but also with the company’s home appliances featuring the acclaimed Inverter Heat Pump. Powered by LG’s exclusive core components and motors, the laundry solutions from LG WashCombo with Inverter HeatPump and a dryer with DUAL Inverter Heat Pump save time while using less energy than a vented model,2 helping to achieve home electrification.
      Smart Home Solution for a Zero Labor Home
      Highlighting the company’s ‘Zero Labor Home’ vision, the Zero Labor Home zone centers on LG’s ThinQ UP 2.0-compatible appliances incorporating the LG AI Appliance Chipset and designated operating system and the groundbreaking LG Smart Home AI Agent. Visitors can experience the differentiated value and unique capabilities of the Smart Home AI Agent and ThinQ through a range of real-life usage scenarios with LG’s home appliances. In a short video focusing on dinner preparation, the Smart Home AI Agent connects with the InstaView fridge and wall oven with built-in high definition camera to check available ingredients, recommend menus and provide cooking steps.
      Revealed at this year’s CES, LG’s Smart Home AI Agent uses cutting-edge robotic and multi-modal technologies that enable it to move, learn and comprehend in order to help free people from the burden of household chores. Thanks to LG’s collaboration with Microsoft Azure Open AI, the Smart Home AI Agent is capable of engaging in more complex conversations with users.
      “As people’s lifestyles become more diverse and complex, the demand for ultra-personalized solutions will continue to rise,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “The advanced home appliances and cutting-edge technologies we’re presenting at KBIS 2024 are designed to meet the needs of any and all users. We will continue to deliver customized, energy-efficient housing solutions that offer a differentiated home experience.”
      Visitors to LG’s booth (West Hall #2343, Las Vegas Convention Center) at KBIS 2024 from February 27 to 29 can discover the company’s diverse portfolio of sophisticated home solutions for a better life.
      # # #
      1 The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA), which will come into effect in the United States, provides nearly USD 400 billion to support clean energy and address climate change and USD 8.9 billion for Home Energy Rebates. ( link hidden, please login to view)
      2 More energy efficient drying – efficiency rating as compared to the requirements for ENERGY STAR® qualification for standard electric dryers. Based on (November 2023).

• By News Reporter
      Company’s Bath Solution, PuriCare HydroTower and System Ironing Deliver
      Enhanced Hygiene, Ease-of-Use and Thoughtful Design

SEOUL, Feb. 23, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling a range of home lifestyle solutions at the 2024 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) in Las Vegas, USA, from February 27-29. The company’s latest innovations, including the bath solution, PuriCare HydroTower and system ironing, use sophisticated technologies and user-friendly design to elevate and enrich daily living.
      Bath Solution for an Enhanced Bathroom Experience
      LG is expanding enhanced customer experience to the bathroom, one of the main living spaces in the home, by presenting a bath solution that provides convenience and comfort. LG’s Smart Bath and Shower Purifier offers a refreshing shower experience, delivering clean, purified water through an advanced water filter. The system intelligently monitors water usage and provides timely filter replacement alerts to help facilitate a consistently pure stream of water.
      For greater comfort in the shower, LG’s Smart Bath and Shower Purifier leverages thermostatics to maintain the selected water temperature. Its intuitive control unit features a digital display that allows users to see the current water temperature, making it easy to adjust the heat – or coolness – of the water to their satisfaction. LG’s bath solution also includes the Smart Airflower, which supports a comfortable bathroom environment by actively controlling air temperature and humidity. Designed to rapidly circulate air and reduce dampness, the Smart Airflower is equipped with two fans that extract moisture, and one that sends out warm, dry air.
      The third part of the bath solution is a versatile smart mirror that serves as a hub for AI-based services, provides helpful content including shower and bath tips for bathroom usage and functions as a conventional mirror.
      PuriCare HydroTower for Hygiene, Health and Convenience
      The LG PuriCare HydroTower combines cutting-edge air purification and humidification technologies and boasts a stylish, column-type form factor that complements any décor or space. Making its international debut at KBIS 2024, the HydroTower was successfully launched in South Korea last year, where it surpassed 10,000 units sold in only 50 days.
      Producing a refreshing, purified mist, the HydroTower maintains a clean water supply and water tank by utilizing advanced tech that removes harmful substances and minerals, and prevents limescale.1,2 LG’s innovative product heats water to 100 degrees Celsius to halt bacterial growth,3 delivering peace of mind as well as effective humidification. Additionally, the HydroTower is capable of filtering ultrafine dust particles from the air, providing a healthier, more pleasant indoor environment.4
      Before it commences humidification operation, the PuriCare HydroTower uses steam to cleanse and automatically dry the path that the moisture particles pass through, further boosting hygiene.5 LG’s user-friendly design allows for the easy removal and disassembly of components – such as the cover and water tank – for convenient rinsing. What’s more, the product can quickly reach the user’s desired humidity level, providing a robust humidification capacity of 700 cubic centimeters (23.6 ounces) per hour.
      All-in-One System Ironing
      Technologically advanced yet elegantly simple, LG’s system ironing delivers effective wrinkle management to help users elevate their personal style. A sleek, collapsable ironing board with an integrated steam iron and accessory storage, system ironing generates five-bar high pressure steam – which is five times the pressure of a conventional steamer – to smooth out unwanted creases. The additional steaming power comes from a high-pressure steam generator and from the internal heating system built into the ironing board surface. The high-pressure steam particles produced by system ironing penetrate fabrics to greatly reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
      Incorporating two fans that help eliminate moisture from garments, the ‘Styling Board’ works to prevent fabric shrinkage, making it suitable for managing delicate items of clothing. The convenient design of LG’s system ironing offers simple board-height adjustment, a ‘holding’ button that automatically locks the product’s wheels during ironing, and an easy-folding design for hassle-free storage.
      “LG is excited to introduce KBIS 2024 visitors to an exceptional lineup of home innovations, including the bath solution, PuriCare HydroTower and system ironing,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “We will continue to introduce smart life solutions across diverse categories, deeply rooted in our understanding of customer lifestyles, seeking to lead the market through thoughtful innovations for a better life.”
      LG’s new home solutions will be on display at the company’s exhibition booth (West Hall #2343, Las Vegas Convention Center) during KBIS 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
      # # #
      1 Tested by Korea Textile Inspection & Testing Research Institute (KOTITI) using the HydroTower model HY703RWAA to measure the concentration of substances that cause water hardness (tap water) by comparing post-filter concentration with initial levels, resulting in 99.9 percent of removal of scaling induced by Calcium and Magnesium. Actual performance may vary based on the usage environment.
      2 Tested by Korea Conformity Laboratories (KCL) using the HydroTower model HY703RWAA to measure filtration performance (residual chlorine in glass), optional filtration performance (water hardness) and dissolution stability. The results demonstrated a 100 percent removal rate for residual chlorine, 100 percent removal of water hardness, and compliance with dissolution safety standards. It is different from filtration for purifying drinking water. Actual performance may vary based on the usage environment.
      3 Reduces 99.999 percent of harmful bacteria in the water tank. Tested by Korea Textile Inspection & Testing Research Institute (KOTITI) and Korea Testing & Research Institute (KTR) using the HydroTower test model HY703RWAA measuring the number of bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, Bacilluspneumoniae, Klebsiella pneumoniae) in water under conditions of 20±5 degrees Celsius and 50± 10 percent humidity after the completion of the ‘humidifying water sterilization’ mode. Actual performance may vary based on the usage environment.
      4 Reduces 99.999 percent of ultrafine dust as small as 0.01 micrometers. Tested by Korea Conformity Laboratories (KCL) using the HydroTower model HY703RWAA to measure the dust removal rate in Clean Turbo Mode under conditions of 23±1.0 degrees Celsius and 50±2.0 percent of room humidity. Actual performance may vary based on the usage environment.
      5 Tested by LG Internal Lab using the HydroTower model HY703RWAA to measure the weight change of the humidification flow path after one hour of operating Turbo Humidification mode, then stopping the operation (Auto Drying) under conditions of 23±2 degrees Celsius and 50±10 percent humidity. Actual performance may vary based on the usage environment.

• Similar Tagged Content