Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!
Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
By Yuriy Seredyuk
I own OLED55C9 TV.
I use Apple TV 4K with the TV. I enabled HDMI-CEC option in settings to be able to turn on my TV when my Apple TV is also turned on.
But I would like to have also ability to turn TV off when Apple TV is turned off. Now I cannot do this (at least with webOS version 04.71.05).
It will be awesome for me because in this case I don't even need to find LG TV remote. I need to use just build in Apple TV app on my iPhone which is very simple and useful.
I use my LG TV only with Apple TV box. I don't like using build in TV's apps because LG remote has a lot of buttons and it is not as simple and useful... So Apple TV clear winner for me in terms of usability.
Please add ability to turn TV off (via HDMI-CEC) when TV box is go sleep/turned off.
BTW, turn off feature works perfectly fine with Samsung TVs.
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
I like webos on my TV, but there are only two small anoying details that would be great if there is a way around it.
1. TV in Portugal Vodafone has still Cable and Antenna channels. Scanning is not a problem and quality is acceptable for the source. Those channels because they are analogue will not gain description and only show the frequency name such as "S34". Is there any way to rename the channel to something more human readable such as "RTP1" ?
2. Adding a bookmark from the web browser to the main screen works like a charm, but is there any way when lauching the bookmark from there in FullScreen and it doesn't show the intire browser ?