Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

I used to cast from ace stream directly to my UJ6300 and I had no problems until a few days ago when the TV got an update for WebOS 3.7 I think. Now whenever I try to cast to the TV it just shows a black screen on the "Web App Viewer" app, I was wondering if maybe I could set a different player as default player when streaming from my phone instead of the Web App Viewer, as when I play from other sources it starts the "Photo&Video" player. 

Otherwise I think I would have to downgrade the OS to the previous stable version. 

Anyone else having this problem? 

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Luis Araos said:

I used to cast from ace stream directly to my UJ6300 and I had no ..  

Anyone else having this problem? 

Finally someone else with the same issue! Im sorry to hear obviously but its Almost impossible to google being too convoluted with 'mirracast' and 'screen mirroring' :@

Fyi. Im using  LG UK6400PLF. Exact same issue. I use acestream(acemedia) on android and select my tv as the device to play the video on. Now after the initial webOS app loading-circle its just an unresponsive black screen on the tv. Its seems like the player hasn't kicked in atall because theres no buttons or 0.00 timer or anything.

Always worked brilliantly until 1/2 weeks ago,  would play the video much better than using screen mirroring (its the only way i can use the hdr setting and motion smooth ).  

I have not had time to contact customer support directly yet will try tomorrow. 

To OP: I managed to get an okayish stream through 'screen-mirroring'  and using vlc player as the player. Vlc will cast the image to your tv WITHOUT duplicating the image on the phone as well. Nowhere near as good but its smoothest and most stable i could get it. Video player or gallery seem to slow the phone down too much. 

Please update if you resolve i will do the same. Tried all the std resets etc nothing happening.

Anyway to roll back software?

Thanks