Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

nicobdx

Connect TV to server via FTP

Question

Hi,

I will try to make it short.

I have a server abroad (Europe) which I use to upload/download with my family. This server also stores my film collection.

I have moved to the US and the server remains in Europe. Therefore I am trying to be able to stream a movie in the US from the server in Europe via my LG smart TV (LG Oled 55 B7A). When I go on the web interface of the server on my tv to access a movie, it tells me I cant download from there. How can I stream (not download, just stream) a movie on my TV from my server located in Europe?

Seems simple (in principle) but can't find a way.

Thank you

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I cannot suggest a way of doing it with FTP/web browser, basically the browser is very limited.  But if the server has the capacity install Plex Media Server; I highly recommend it.  My extended family watch mine from down the road or across the world while on work trips and vacation.