By Justin Tan
Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS.
link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
By News Reporter
LG Electronics announced the first group of startup companies that have been accepted into ’s global challenge program. As a part of the Proto Challenge, a preliminary startup competition designed to feed into LG NOVA’s global challenge program, eleven companies were selected based on their proposed solutions for a better life in the areas of connected health, energizing mobility, smart lifestyle, the metaverse and innovation for impact. These are key areas that LG NOVA is focusing on in its effort to build for the future with innovative startups.
The startups selected from the Proto Challenge competition will be joined by 40 additional companies selected in the Mission for the Future Challenge to become the First Fifty to work with LG NOVA’s incubation team. LG NOVA and the selected startups from both challenges will work closely together to refine their business and engagement ideas to potentially unlock resources and funding for proof-of-concept development and grow a business in collaboration with LG.
The companies were selected based on the following criteria: a clear vision to growing business with LG, a convincing pathway to commercialization and the uniqueness of the proposed solution or product. LG NOVA intends to provide up to USD 20 million in funding and resources to support the top 10 chosen businesses from the challenge.
The selected companies from the Proto Challenge are:
In Connected Health:
– A SaaS platform providing an alternate solution to retail pharmacies that use dispensing units for prescription fulfillment in physicians’ offices at the point of care. The solution puts the prescribed drug in the hands of the patient within minutes when they are still at the doctor’s office. – XRHealth operates state-of-the-art Virtual Clinics, utilizing proprietary FDA registered medical virtual reality (VR/AR) applications. XRHealth integrates immersive VR/AR technology, licensed clinicians and advanced data analytics on one platform, providing a comprehensive therapeutic care solution for patients to receive treatment from the comfort of their home. The company focuses on three main therapeutic areas: pain management, neurological disorders and behavioral health. – MayaMD develops and sells engaging artificial intelligence (AI) platforms that improve healthcare. Maya’s solutions quickly gather a user’s symptoms, past medical history and/or laboratory results and convert this data into a list of potential diagnoses and follow-up care suggestions. By enhancing communication between patients and clinicians, the tools create an opportunity for better health outcomes.
In Energizing Mobility:
– An end-to-end EV charging management platform offering operations management, energy management, user management, public and workplace and EV fleet charging management, as well as various advanced billing capabilities and EV driver applications. – EV charging stations that reduce the grid upgrades, size, permitting and installation labor by 90 percent. – One of the world’s first mobile and intelligent on-demand EV charging network. In Smart Lifestyles:
– Military-grade smart key that wirelessly unlocks your devices and online accounts when you’re nearby, then locks everything down when you walk away. – The first AI-powered kitchen assistant providing a single platform to connect all your kitchen and cooking needs in today’s smart home.
In The Metaverse
– A web-based VR/AR platform for rapidly delivering scalable remote collaboration and training solutions. – Lets people connect, communicate and experience together in lifelike, immersive and interactive environments optimized for 3D and VR. The platform is updated with new experiences and features weekly. I3M.tv is backed by multinational investors and is poised to expand across multiple verticals such as entertainment, virtual travel, hospitality and more. And Lastly in Innovation for Impact:
– Women-led company that uses AI avatars and robots to help users run their homes, specifically providing support for people living with disabilities and caregivers.
Following the close of the challenge applications, LG NOVA will be hosting , a virtual event series for startups, from November 15-19.
The event will feature industry leaders from across corporate technology companies, domain experts, founders and entrepreneurs, all innovating to address global issues and challenges. In addition, during the week, attendees will hear advice from VCs, advisors, corporate and marketing leaders on positioning their business for growth in this changing landscape. All applicants are invited to join LG NOVA and experts across the industry to discuss the key topics that will impact our future.
Register for the event at .
link hidden, please login to view
Hi, I'm looking for a pair of Bluetooth headphones to use with an LG 65sm8600pta TV. A lot of headphone reviews talk about the importance of the aptx standard/codec in making sure there is no lag in audio and to keep the picture and audio in sync. The manual for my TV says only that it supports LGs proprietary 'sound sync' standard. I can't find any headphones that have that compatibility. Does anyone know if LG TVs support aptx, and if not, what is the best way to make sure I don't spend $300 on good over ear headphones but I can't get them to sync?
UPDATING YOUR FIRMWARE
The firmware that powers your LG Ultra HD 4K Smart TV with webOS should be updated from time to time to enhance your experience and improve its operation. Thankfully, this can be done easily and quickly, right at home.
Watch this quick video to learn more. Or follow the easy steps below to get started.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE MY FIRMWARE?
Firmware updates don't happen frequently, so you should be fine checking for updates every other month.
HOW DO I CHECK FOR, AND DOWNLOAD, AVAILABLE FIRMWARE UPDATES?
Before you do anything, make sure you have an Ethernet cord connected directly from your router to your television. Wireless Internet connections are not reliable enough for firmware updates.
Use this diagram if you need help getting set up:
ONCE YOUR TV HAS A WIRED CONNECTION, DO THE FOLLOWING:
Press the MENU Click SYSTEM SETTINGS Then ABOUT Then SYSTEM UPDATES You'll be advised that your system is currently up to date or requested to select CHECK NOW for the latest update. If a new version is available, it downloads automatically. FIRMWARE UPDATES WILL ALSO UPDATE LG ULTRA HD 4K SMART TV AND LG APPS AT THE SAME TIME.
LGTV had a new Sling TV app update which left me with no Channels option in Sling. I only have the Guide and Search Options. How can I get the Channels selection back?
Similar Tagged Content
We have signage projects, all over GCC.
We are facing issue with Webos tv especially on model 49sm5ke-bj. It is losing connectivity overnight, the displays are left switched on at stores. But on the next day it wouldn't be connected to the Internet and hence the contents are getting corrupted. Always we need to restart the display again or exit and start the app again.
I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated.
In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD:
Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.